This is a quick reminder that on 3/1 (March 1st, 2018) we will be switching exclusively to Twitch Authentication. You will no longer be able to login and navigate CurseForge without having first merged your Curse account with a Twitch account here on CurseForge.
We have noted that many issues are arising from users unintentionally creating new accounts by logging in with Twitch and for one reason or another not completing the merge process. If you have a Curse account, please start there! It’s a much easier process to login with your Curse account and merge a Twitch account to it. This is the recommended way as you can see below:
Merging your Account
If you already have a Twitch account, this is very straight forward - but the same general instructions appy if you do not.
- Log out of CurseForge to clear any session/cookie information.
- Log in with your Curse account on www.curseforge.com
- You should be prompted with a screen asking you to merge - select “I have a Twitch Account”
- If you do not have an account, select the other option and you will have the ability to create an account on the spot.
- Once authorized, you should be returned to CurseForge. Grats! You’re done.
If you have any problems during the merge, don’t panic! Submit a ticket to https://support.curse.com and we will help you get your account squared away.
We’ve been preparing to take on any extra support load to assist with issues as they arise. Please feel free to reach out to us on Twitter (@CurseForge) or put in a ticket if you have any issues merging your account or have other questions regarding the merge process.
We’re here to help!
Your friendly neighborhood MrFlamegoat