Starting February 19th all Reward Store orders will require you to have a Twitch account with 2FA enabled and will require you to authenticate with your 2FA device when you make an order or transfer points. Due to the preparation of the Twitch authentication migration we wanted to roll this out sooner rather than later so that we can assist any Authors with merging their accounts before we make the switch on 3/1.
Note: If you have already merged your account with a Twitch account and you have 2FA enabled the following will not affect you.
Enabling 2FA on your Twitch Account
In case you are unsure how to enable 2FA on your Twitch account, the Twitch Support team have put together a fantastic page dedicated to it here: https://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/2186271-two-factor-authentication-with-authy
If you missed the last post, here’s the basic rundown on how to merge your account:
Merging your Twitch Account
If you already have a Twitch account, this is very straight forward - but the same general instructions appy if you do not.
- Log out of your CurseForge account to clear any session/cookie information.
- Log in with your Curse account on www.curseforge.com
- You should be prompted with a screen asking you to merge - select “I have a Twitch Account”
- If you do not have an account, select the other option and you will have the ability to create an account on the spot.
- Once authorized, you should be returned to CurseForge. Grats! You’re done.
If you have any problems during the merge, don’t panic! Submit a ticket to https://support.curse.com and we will help you get your account squared away.
As always, if you have any questions or comments, please let us know below or reach out to us on Twitter (@CurseForge)
Your friendly neighborhood MrFlamegoat