Quote from sylvanaar
What is this thread about anyways?
I'd like the thread to move to the point we came up with some ideas ;) I don't like people bashing each other over some stupid issues. If Phanx doesn't want her addons included in compilation she has all rights not to allow it and there should be now discussion about it!
My posts were trying to point out issues of the new distribution idea. Now is the time to come up with anything that would make most of the users/authors/distributors happy.
Current distribution solutions are:
- Distribute whole addon compilation with whole WTF folder (classic compilations) - useful to get the "looks"
- Distribute list of addons without any SavedVariables (WUU, WAU AddonPacks) - usefull to get "set of features"
- Distribute settings in WTF folder with list of addons to use - addons could be installed manually by the users or automatically put together by the distribution site (automatically updated compilations) - should be able to get the "looks", but has problems as described above
- Do not distribute compilations at all... - this is hard, because the market is already there
- something else?
Tools to help out with the issues raised by using compilations:
- Be able to disallow someones addons to appear in compilations
- Delete out-of-date compilations
- Mark automatically updated compilations as out-of-date if major update is made to one of its addons