Bump (hope that's okay, I gave it a while)
- Registered User
Member for 13 years, 2 months, and 10 days
Last active Fri, Jun, 26 2020 05:37:58
- 0 Followers
- 5 Total Posts
- 1 Thank
Jan 3, 2018TelFiRE posted a message on Mod to spawn items upon new game or first entering serverPosted in: Minecraft
When that kind of thing happens please share what you found so that people who google this exact question have an answer when they come across this post :P
Jan 2, 2018Posted in: Minecraft
So I'm trying to put together a cool little cooperative RPG experience using a Forge server and I find that I can do the majority of what I want to do with just a few mods, it's quite a fun project so far. But I did run into one thing I'd like to do that I can't seem to find an appropriate mod for.
The basic idea is that I want a way to spawn waves of enemies that track towards my players' base and try to overrun it.
Basic features of the mod:
- Some way to pre-configure different wave types (EG, 40 Zombies & 10 Creepers)
- Ability for admin to spawn a wave based on a wave type at a certain location
- Waves will path towards a coordinate set by admin (or a custom block placed) if no player is nearby
- If a player is nearby, normal combat AI takes over
Features that would be nice to have:
- Allow the mobs in waves to be custom mobs from CustomNPCs mod
- Allow the mobs in waves to be mobs from Primitive Mobs mod
- Ability for specific wave types to randomly (or at pre-set intervals) spawn from pre-set locations whenever 2 or more players are online
- Have some NPCs able to break through blocks as they attempt to path toward their goal
- Have the waves able to path for really long distances even if the chunks aren't loaded (not sure if possible)
- A cool option could be to have automated waves originate from a source block which, if destroyed, stops the waves from spawning
I am not a coder so there is no way I could take this on. I was wondering if it was the kind of thing that has enough broad appeal that someone might want to take it on as a project?
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.