I'm very new to lua and have been researching the language to learn how to make my first addon, called Blush Response. Please bear with me, as I don't know a lot of the vocabulary programmers use so I might mess up. I'm running into some trouble and was hoping an expert might help me a bit. (I realize there was another addon similar to this called Emote Reply, but it is severely out of date, and I am writing this addon from scratch and will be adding more features.)
The goal of my addon is to:
1. Trigger an emote response when a player targets you and emotes at you.
2. Make the triggered response fire after a 2-3 second delay, like a timer.
3. Trigger a /shrug or /ponder emote when a member of the opposite faction targets you and emotes.
4. Not respond at all when a custom emote is used by another player while targeting you.
5. (Not a priority) Allow you to add custom trigger/reply emotes.
My current issue is that I'm stuck at the event handler section of the lua file, specifically where I want to tell my addon to reply with an emote, where the ????? are. Here is what I have so far:
print("They're just questions, Leon. In answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response... Shall we continue? --- Addon: Blush Response v. 1.0 successfully loaded!");
if event == "CHAT_MSG_TEXT_EMOTE" then
elseif event == "CHAT_MSG_EMOTE" then
So my question here is, what string should go there, and where/how do I add the emote lists for replies and triggers? Any help would be super appreciated. Thanks!