For the people looking for a way to make the player arrow on the world map bigger, I quickly put together 'Embiggen' (available from the SVN or WAU, or whatever you all use) earlier in the day since I switched to Mapster/TomTom/HandyNotes/Routes/GatherMate last night and missed this functionality myself.
Would it not be possible to throw some code in a commit that fixes this recurring issue for people without forcing them to trash their records?
Yes, I can do that. But the issue is not recurring, it occured once.
It is simple for the people experiencing this to fix their own saved variables.
However, since some people can't be bothered to even try to fix their own records, I have added a block of code to TopScoreFu that will attempt to create the missing tables/boolean values. I hope they can motivate themselves to learn how to use a text editor.
This block of code starts at line 477. It is commented out by default. I have not tested it.
Now, what you have to do to run this code is open TopScoreFu.lua in a text editor and remove the two '[[' that are on that line. This will uncomment the code block that attempts to fix the issue.
This block of code might disappear in a month or two or three. Hopefully that's long enough for people to have it try to fix their records.
Edit: I'm actually coming up with a better way of fixing this now than the one that's currently there.
If you run this one now, don't cry in 5 months time when you finally notice that it broke something.
This is oddly seeming to only work on a couple characters at the moment. Seems if I get a enw record on any of the others I get a huge error. Don't know what hte issue is, but it's not worked properly ina while.
Read back through the thread, you'll probably find it's related to some stupid commit by a guy long, long ago.
You can either fix the saved variables manually, or delete them and start over.
He changed FuBar to an optional dependancy, and for some reason it's trying to load TopScoreFu before FuBar, as soon as I made FuBar a dependancy again, it started working again (I don't use embedded libraries).
I'd guess that it's actually the "LoadOnDemand" thing that prevented it from loading when FuBar is only listed as an OptionalDep. Try removing that instead of having FuBar as a true dependency.
Current version is working fine for me.
If you're getting errors when this version loads, let me know what they are. I've upgraded to LibSharedMedia-3.0 and moved the Locales to a slightly different location (as suggested by the Ace3 docs) since I'll probably upgrade to Ace3 in the future.