Okay, total noob question, but I can't get this program to even begin to run. It keeps telling me the application configuration is incorrect. I've tried deleting and re-installing but that doesn't work. What's the deal?
I'd like to start off by saying thanks for continuing to keep BeneCast alive. I played WoW for a couple of years until The Burning Crusade came out, and BeneCast was the best addon I ever found. (I quit because all of my raiding gear became crap and it trivialized my months of hard work) I know the early work wasn't you, but you recognized that it was an amazing addon and I appreciate that.
Anyway, I'm playing again and BeneCast was tops on my list of addons to get. Sadly, I couldn't find any version that really worked because I got error messages every time I cast something, and half my spells weren't included. (2.1.2 W 8.39 is yours right? That's what I was trying to use. I know it's really out of date, but I had to try!)
Okay, down to business. I downloaded BeneCast 10.0.7 and started using it on my level 21 Paladin, Soval (Hydraxis). I'm using XPerl and I've set up which spells to show up for myself, and which ones for others. However, some of the spells don't show up when I select them in the menu. I've gotten it to work by switching from the Player tab to Pet, and then back to Player, then reselecting the spell. I don't know if that's important, but I figured I'd mention it.
The only other problem I've had is the worst one: I get a .lua error every time I cast something, and it's always the same error. I get:
attempt to index local 'self' (a nil value)
It pops up so much that WoW brings up a box saying that I'm receiving so many .lua errors it's probably slowing the game down. I'm going to disable the addon for now, but I'll check back here to see if there are any ways I can fix this on my own. Thanks!