Much along the same vein as Chickens and MooFluids. Shulker Ores takes the idea of Skulkers which adapt to different overworld environments and begin to generate 'Resource Pearls' over time.
An example being, at certain Y Levels underground for example Y12 a Shulker over time takes on the appearance of Diamond Ore. Over time when feed trash items such as cobble the Shulker develops a Diamond Pearl (Think along the lines of how real world Pearls are formed).
At different Y Levels underground the shulker can take on different Ore types. Coal, Iron, Gold, Lapis, Redstone, Diamond
Other Shulker ideas:
- Wood Based Shulker (Forest = Oak, Roofed Forest = Dark Oak, Taiga = Spruce, Birch Forest (You guessed it), Savannah = Acacia, Jungle (You guessed it)
- Aquatic Shulker (Water, Water Pearls and Lava Pearls = Obsidian Pearls)
- Prismatic Shulker (transformed in the Guardian Temple)
- Floral Shulker (Flower Forest - Gives a random dye)
- Village Shulker (Emeralds?)
- Frozen Shulker (Ice and Packed Ice)
- Sandy Shulker (Sand!)
- Terracotta Shulker (Random Terracotta)
- Lava, Quartz and Glowstone Shulkers (3 different varieties from random chance in the Nether)
- Mushulker (Shulker on the Mushroom Island)
Feel free to add more Shulker types these are just the ones I can think of for now :D