Quote from OrionShock
sentance tense is slightly off :D
Fixed, main page. ^_^ Tnx tnx.
Then added new Q's from (http://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=14414)
Q: Could you provide steps how we can update our Add-Ons?
A: Sure! The following steps are what I do:
- 1st: Back-up your Interface and WTF folders
- 2nd: Delete the contents of your 'Interface/AddOns/' folder (be sure you did #1 above)
- 3rd: Search for every Add-On you have on Curse and WoW Interface (note: Ignore all folders with "libs" as its prefix, IF you used disembedded libs during the WAU days.)
- 4th: Bookmark those Add-Ons so you can get back to it for updates (use the site's bookmark/favorites feature, so you get emails for updates).
- 5th: Download each Add-On and extract the contents to your 'Interface/AddOns/' folder. Your Interface/Addons/ folder should be empty if you did Step 1 and 2 above.
- 6th: If you can not find some of your "WAU" Add-Ons, then go to WoWAce's Projects Page and search your add-on there. Then repeat Steps 4 and 5.
- 7th: Fire-up your WoW (figuratively speaking, do not burn your PC), log-in, do some adjustments and configurations if needed, but it should work as if nothing has changed.
- 8th: Log-out properly (Logout > Exit WoW), wait a few seconds, then make a new back-up of your WTF folder (this is optional)
Q: Thank you, but updating manually is a pain...
A: Maybe, but Add-Ons do not update every minute, not even every hour, nor every day, most not even every week (unless the Add-On is new and is a new 'data' add-on). So, if you really think about it, you are not going to update your Add-Ons every minute, every hour, every day.
Q: But it's 3.0.2 Patch day!!
A: Just be patient. It'll take a week or two, then everything will calm down, it's not hard.
Q: Okay, how about I still want to use "disembedded" libs, how do I update manually?
A: Follow the steps outlined above, then list down the libs of each Ace Add-Ons, delete the embedded libs, then download the libs. I'm not sure if pulling the embedded libs out will work, haven't tried that.