- Curse Premium
Member for 12 years and 9 days
Last active Wed, Sep, 16 2020 00:31:33
- 0 Followers
- 263 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Nov 7, 2008Cool! Yes, various settings to fade the bars is definitely on my mind. I didn't consider fading them out until shortly after the runes become active but that's definitely an option to look at. I believe you can discover the gcd by looking at the cooldown of a spell that has no other cooldown. That is how Quartz does it for example.Posted in: General AddOns
I'll experiment with more time-based displays over the weekend. I want to get as much stuff as I can in here before WotLK hits while still ensuring it isn't buggy so we'll see how much I get in there
Nov 7, 2008Thanks, that helped. I think the problem was solved when I fixed the other issues related to mouseover visibility. I'd like the version r45 tested (available from wowace and soon from curse.com) to make sure that the following issues are fixed:Posted in: Data Broker AddOns
- Resizing problems when the contents of a block changes greatly.
- Mouse over visibility issues, especially relating to collapsing the box.
- Stuf's problem with the box seemingly resizing by itself.
Click to download r45
Nov 6, 2008Stufmenatooba: Very strange. Could you send me your ButtonBin.lua saved variables or show me screenshots of the configuration panels? I can't reproduce it.Posted in: Data Broker AddOns
Phanx: Yes, known issue. I'll look at it today. Essentially I optimized the case where block changed often (think fps, clock, memory and other frequently updated displays). I resize them dynamically without taking into account the size of the bin, so I don't have to recalculate all positions. However of obvious reasons when greater changes occur this doesn't work. My optimization needs to be smarter.
Nov 5, 2008Magic Runes is in early development. It's currently a fully functional rune cooldown addon displaying a bar for each rune. The addon utilizes LibBars-1.0 for its display.Posted in: General AddOns
Some current features:
- Configurable looks: icon toggle, label toggle, timer toggle, font and font size toggles, bar texture and colors (for each of the 4 runes).
- Customizable size and orientation.
- SharedMedia and LDB support.
- Many sorting options - rune slot (i.e always rune 1 to 6), rune type (I.e BFUD) and time, rune type and reverse time, time and rune type, reverse time and rune type. You can also reverse the order giving a total of 10 options.
- Configurable growth direction (choose between remaining time or duration passed)
- Considering movable icons as a display option.
- Runic Power bar.
- Alerts for things procs like Sudden Doom.
- Audible, textual or other alerts when the runic bar is (about to?) get full or rune cooldowns finish.
I'm looking for suggestion and ideas of what to add. Obviously due to the limited time until the expansion (not to mention the current lack of DK's to test with) it's unlikely to be feature complete before next week. As I will be busy leveling my own DK anything not done in by next week will have to wait. Most likely things like proc notifications will be lower on the list, especially since addons such as MikScrollingBattleText can provide notification for such events.
My main goal is to get a solid rune display done before WotLK.
Nov 2, 2008I've made quite a few improvements lately that I hope you'll like:Posted in: Data Broker AddOns
- Per-data block configuration (label and icon visibility only)
- Additional bin visibility option (mouse over while not in combat).
- Ability to add and delete bins.
- Fixes when copying and resetting a profile.
- Ability to toggle icon visibility on a per-bin basis.
- Fixed issue which made it impossible to set scale to 1.0 (doh!)
- Revamped the configuration UI due to the above changes.
Oct 22, 2008Posted in: Data Broker AddOnsQuote from phyberIs there a way of moving the button bars that doesn't involve middle clicking? If there isn't, could you add one. Thanks.
The main Button Bin config page (click on the bin icon or go to the normal interface->addon settings) has a toggle to unlock tbe bars.
Oct 19, 2008Problem implementing this is that it isn't part of the LDB definition. I'm a bit vary of adding special hacks to support something like this. Perhaps it'd be better to discuss the implications and implementation details in a general LDB thread?Posted in: Data Broker AddOns
Oct 19, 2008If the bin is larger than the contents (i.e it has a fix width set), it should be fine to move them anywhere on the bin. If not, you need to move it on top of an existing button which for an empty bin is just the actual bin icon.Posted in: Data Broker AddOns
Some kind of visual feedback would help with this.
I'll investiage the possibility of making secure buttons work in ButtonBin (most likely on a per-bin level). The drawbacks of course is that things can't be moved or resized during combat which would require some tweaking.
Oct 18, 2008Posted in: Data Broker AddOnsQuote from ara2Is it possible for ButtonBin to create secure action buttons instead of regular buttons for blocks ? In the current state, a secure plugin is limited by the display.
Along with it, attaching a reference of the created button to the data object would be great, so we can setup the secure button actions before entering combat.
(Sorry for the spam :p)
Secure buttons? Hasn't crossed my mind. What kind of addon do you have that would need this? Seems somewhat backwards to how LDB displayers work but if you got a real example...
Oct 10, 2008I was actually thinking about how there was a complete lack of ability to disable icons, period. I have a bar to the right side where the "solution" would be to have all displayed without icons and went to look to see if I had that option which of course I didn't. I'll add some more per-bin icon options.Posted in: Data Broker AddOns
Sep 29, 2008I'll give a few example use cases:Posted in: Data Broker AddOns
- I have a few small status addons that show memory use, latency etc. I want those without icons (but only those).
- Sometimes I want an addon to be shown only as an icon or with the "brief text" on the same bin as an addon with more than just an icon.
It's simply a matter of choice. Per-block config should be optional with reasonbly low overhead.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.