What are some recommendations for my Slider situation (which is just 1 of the 6 units having trouble)? It appears the callbacks are fine with data... something is complaining with my for loop indexing, whether it be the callback functions themselves, or other functions used by the callback functions referenced.
- Registered User
Member for 13 years, 9 months, and 20 days
Last active Sat, Sep, 21 2019 08:26:39
- 0 Followers
- 30 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Sep 2, 2013I appreciate all the insight.Posted in: Lua Code Discussion
Alright, I've updated my files once again, this time the Options uses the colon to ensure 'self' is passed through.
In my main, I've renamed all mentions of the "RIA" table with "self". Table entries referenced with "self." and functions referenced with "self:".
However, I still have this Slider error. Attached is some additional intel regarding the callbacks. Thanks all.
Sep 2, 2013Yeah, yeah. I said that wrong.Posted in: Lua Code Discussion
Anyway, I'm unaware of a "GetValue" function that I have. Could you clarify?
As an aside, what do you recommend as a a Blizz Options framework? I'd like something similarly simple to implement. This method is currently working fine, although it is discontinued and somewhat bloated, as I understand.
Sep 1, 2013See: https://github.com/cralor/rune-it-all/blob/master/Portfolio/Control/Slider.luaPosted in: Lua Code Discussion
All of the files are on the GitHub.
This is a "back-end" file, so changes won't be made here, however feel free to view it as reference to what is going on. When the error mentions this, it's like mentioning that Blizzard's code is wrong.
Sep 1, 2013Yes, I do understand this. However, I think my implementation may be off.Posted in: Lua Code Discussion
If you could look back into the code, my intent was to put all of my data (more importantly, my functions) into a local table so they did not pollute the global namespace. The problem is that this is producing additional errors when references callback functions in my Options, etc.
Have I implemented this correctly? If so, then I can tell it's more specific errors to fix.
Sep 1, 2013So, in "re-writing" my code, I have created a local table, RIA, and renamed my functions to "RIA:doesSomething()".Posted in: Lua Code Discussion
Now, I'm using Portfolio as my Interface Options framework. Very simple, easy, just works for me. Anyway, I've had to refer to my functions as "RIA.doesSomething" for callbacks. Probably the right way, but some explanation regarding this would be helpful for my understanding :)
In addition, I'm getting this error: http://pastebin.com/wJammv8H
I have a feeling it is in regards to my new function namespace setup.
Here is current code: https://github.com/cralor/rune-it-all/blob/master/RuneItAll.lua
All the other code can be viewed on GitHub too.
Thanks for the help!
Aug 21, 2013Thanks funkydude.Posted in: Lua Code Discussion
You're right; it was a simple line to fix (that I didn't need, in fact).
Having neglecting the AddOn (and WoW) for almost 2 years now, I'm going ahead and doing some heavy cleaning here. I'll put my functions into a local database.
Aug 16, 2013Thank you for your help.Posted in: Lua Code Discussion
This occurs when entering or exiting a Pet Battle, more specifically... upon the frame lock to the "pokemon view".
I've had reports that my AddOn was at fault. With it enabled, I've seen the same. I will have to check with it disabled.
Aug 16, 2013Coming back from the dead and updating my AddOn(s).Posted in: Lua Code Discussion
My DK AddOn has been troubled with FrameLocks.lua issues since Pet Battles were introduced. I did some research but couldn't get a handle on much. Maybe one of the fine folks around here has more experience / can spot something I cannot.
"FrameLocks.lua:60: table index is nil"
Gist of error: https://gist.github.com/cralor/6247441
And my code: https://github.com/cralor/rune-it-all/blob/master/RuneItAll.lua
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.