- Curse Premium
Member for 13 years, 9 months, and 10 days
Last active Wed, Jul, 25 2018 14:23:13
- 0 Followers
- 395 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Apr 11, 2008Posted in: General AddOnsQuote from Kyron »
For the ChannelsName module, how about allowing to rename normal channels like General to Gen for example ?
Can you add a feature to make the editbox movable? That's the feature I really miss.
I'll see about it, sure.
Additionally I'm not a big fan of the fade icon for chat copying.
I'll explore alternate access methods.
1. would that be possible to completely disable the mouseover alpha change of the chatframe ?
2. not that it's important at all, but, i'd like to change the sound i hear when i recieve a whisper, taken from SharedMedia, any chance ?
1. Wish granted!
2. It should be talking to SharedMedia already.
Apr 11, 20081) I've added a "Standalone Config" button for those with sizing issues. However, I recommend installing BetterBlizzOptions to just make the Blizzard interface options pane resizable.Posted in: General AddOns
2) The macros thing should be fixed now.
3) This isn't the normal look - I customized the border textures and the colors it uses. You can resize the chat frames like you would normally - just put your mouse over a corner and drag. The little icon in the bottom is a "Copy from this frame" button that lets you copy text out of the frame.
Apr 11, 2008Oops, didn't have it OpDep'd.Posted in: General AddOns
The EditBox module currently just lets you position it top/bottom of the chatframe. Would people like to see free movement?
TellTarget is tainting; I'm fixing it.
"Feature, allow detection and renaming (like battleground to BG) of custom channels." - Just forgot to register an event - this is in. :)
Apr 11, 2008***BIG IMPORTANT NOTICE***Posted in: General AddOns
I have renamed Chatterbox to Chatter due to a naming conflict with another mod. Please update accordingly.
Due to the name change, your saved vars won't carry over. If you want them to:
1) Quit WoW
2) Rename your Chatterbox.lua saved vars file to Chatter.lua
3) In the Chatter.lua file, change ChatterboxDB to ChatterDB
4) Uninstall Chatterbox and install Chatter
5) Start WoW and be happy
I wrote another one.
Everything in that shot is from Chatterbox, even the nifty borders on the boxes.
- Hiding buttons
- Linking items, enchants, spells, and quests in custom channels
- Custom aliases for channel names
- Coloring of player names by class or deterministic HSV formula, and player levels next to names
- Custom font and font size for your chat frames
- Custom background, border, and positioning for the edit box
- Option to let the edit box border color match the color of the channel you are typing in
- Channel colors remembered by name, rather than by number
- Scrolling your chat frames with the mouse wheel.
- Sticky channels, configurable
- Ability to copy a chat frame's contents to your clipboard
- Ability to copy URLs to your clipboard
- Ability to customize the background and border of your chat frames
- A /tt command to send a tell to your target
- A module that turns the word "invite" into clickable links that let you invite the speaker.
- Highlights, both for custom keywords and when things are said in specific channels
- Chat fading toggles
- Text justification
- Autologging (Off by default)
- Alt linking
- Much larger and smaller chat frames than default
- A Groupsay (/gr) command to talk to your group, whether that's battleground, raid, or party.
- Chat Tab look-n-feel modifications
- Paging through chat tabs with the scroll wheel
And much much more!
Apr 10, 2008Generally, a bug report with a screenshot or stack trace (as appropriate) with the revision number it occurred with (and the revision numbers of any other party members if they are included in the bug report) is sufficient.Posted in: Raid AddOns
Apr 10, 2008You know why I didn't hit the 2.4 release?Posted in: Raid AddOns
I can't test everything. I don't have 9 level 70s across 3 accounts that I can transfer to the PTR. I don't have a full raid at my beck and call to test a specific raid fight or a high-traffic situation any time I want it.
I asked for testing on the PTR, and I got some, but obviously not nearly enough. 2.4's live release basically gave me the tester base I needed, and as such, I've been able to find and fix problems.
ThreatLib and Omen are both very complex beasts, and without good testing, they're bound to have a plethora of bugs. If we want to apply "deadline" to this whole situation, then let's consider that deadlines generally include time for a QA round.
Apr 10, 2008Posted in: Raid AddOnsQuote from Moon Witch »
We've been having quite some issues.
1. In Kara our lock pulled aggro quite a few times, while she was well under the MT and OT's threat. Now that she pulled aggro is our problem, but she pulled it due to her thinking (in fact all of us got that same info) that she could pull a few more spells off before being too high in threat.
2. Our DPS hunter, with Omen enabled and on the same version as everyone else, didn't show up at any given point in Omen.
3. The bars don't seem to grow up/down nicely for some odd reason.
1) Make sure you MT updates. Fixed a problem with tank threat about 36 hours ago.
2) What revision was he reporting on the versioncheck?
3) What revision?
Apr 9, 2008Posted in: Ace3Quote from Snago »
Imo "Default" should be the default profile and addons that have a good reason to use character specific profiles should have to specify this themselves.
I really strongly disagree. I HATE when I log onto an alt, drag some stuff around, then log back to my main and find out my UI is all messed up because I forgot to switch profiles. I changed characters. That should be a "profile switch".
Sure, this solution with having a global specifying the default profile name is neat too but I would do it like this:
self.db = LibStub("AceDB-3.0"):New("Omen2DB", nil, Omen2DefaultProfile or "Default")
I intentionally did not do this because I want Char - Server to be the default in lieu of an explicit setting.
Apr 8, 2008Posted in: Raid AddOnsQuote from eternalnova »How could such a lockup happen anyway? I mean, even a while(true) would still be killable..?
while(true) do end is not killable, because the Lua state is single-threaded, and there's no way to give a command to break out of the while.
The other option is an infinitely recursing tail call. That's far harder to track down.
Apr 8, 2008Posted in: Raid AddOnsQuote from Gilora »
Ok, made 2 short videos to illustrate a small problem with window positioning.
This was a problem with the frame ending up center-anchored, rather than bottom anchored, but I thought I fixed it. Which revision are you running?
Apr 8, 2008Posted in: Raid AddOnsQuote from dyree »
Last night (4/7, at approximately 9:30 pm CST) during our attempt on Leotheras the Blind, Omen would occassionally start displaying full bars for everyone. It seemed to happen most often during his humanoid phase, both during and after a whirlwind. This screenshot was taken just before his first demon phase. All raid members were running compatible versions of Threat-2.0 with the exception of one healer who was not running any threat meter. I have a log available as well if that would help to diagnose the problem.
Looks like it's related to the bar recycling problem I'm chasing. Hope to have it fixed up soon.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.