You said this was the place to post feedback and ideas, but sure, will do.
- Registered User
Member for 14 years, 7 months, and 14 days
Last active Fri, Jul, 19 2019 10:14:13
- 0 Followers
- 67 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Sep 14, 2016Posted in: General AddOns
I have a feature request. The Sha of Anger has 5 spawn points spaced rather far apart, and given how fast it dies to 110s you need to move FAST to get a kill. When it spawns, it yells one of the following 5 lines:
- Give in to your anger
- Your rage gives you strength!
- Your rage sustains me!
- You will not bury me again!
- My wrath flows freely!
Would be really useful for NPCscan to trigger an alert when this happens.
Oct 24, 2014FYI, it looks like (sigh) oQueue is updated to use the premade finder backend.Posted in: Addon Ideas
I had hoped someone else would pick up the torch.
Oct 20, 2014Could be either one, I know I see PvE groups in the PvP tab all the time.Posted in: Addon Ideas
Yeah, region could just be a boolean Oceanic or not Oceanic flag.
I hope someone takes interest in this. Even a minimal feature set with a resizable UI and working filters would be a huge improvement.
Oct 20, 2014I figured as much. What about using customizable tags? For example:Posted in: Addon Ideas
PvE vs. PvP: [PvE] [PvP]
Challenge Mode: [CM]
Regions: [NA] [Br] [EU] [KR] [CN] [TW]
Language: [En] [Sp] [Po]
Or you could do a number pattern thing. Say:
First digit: 1=PvE, 2=PvP
Second digit: 1=null, 2=CM
Third digit, region: 1=NA, 2=Br, 4=EU, 8=KR, 16=CN (You add them. So 1 would be NA for outdoor world bosses, and 3 would be NA+BR for instances)
Fourth digit, Language: 1=En, 2=Sp, 4=Portugese, 8=French, 16=German
So for a group with the PvE (1), non-CM (1), NA+Br (3), English (1) attributes the tag would look like
temple of 4 winds xmog run WE WILL SUMMON [1,1,3,1]
People without the addon would see the [1,1,3,1] at the end; people with the addon would not, but it would be filtered and categorized properly.
Oct 16, 2014The Blizzard UI for the new 6.0 premade group finder has a lot of problems. Basic functionality is there and works, but it's missing a lot of features we came to enjoy with oQueue.Posted in: Addon Ideas
I don't know how much of the below is even possible with the Blizz premade finder, so please excuse any crazy suggestions.
Anyone else interested in this?
- Resizable UI
- Direct hotkey to premades
- Makes poor use of space, multiple rows per entry
- Can't browse for premades while you're in one (in case you want to jump ship)
- PvP custom section is full of PvE premades. They should be shuffled over to the dungeons&raids section.
- Needs separate Challenge Mode section
- Flag region (Oceanic can't raid world bosses with Americas)
- Flag language (for EU servers, and portugese/spanish in americas)
- Auto-refresh every X seconds when open
- Show lowest, average, and highest itemlvl in the raid when browsing
- Separate raid tabs for normal (formerly flex) and heroic. Or maybe some sort of standard tagging system?
- Regex filters (ie, I commonly used the filter "!flex & !soo" to separate out the super-common stuff in oQueue)
- Save filters (dropdown showing last 20 unique filters used)
- Separate step to confirm role after waitlisting is annoying. Should be able to select my role and skip it.
- No way to create a premade for random heroic scenarios
- No way to create premades for LFR
- No way to specify role for waitlisters. Say your raid only needs healers, you can say "healers only" in the description but random people will still waitlist.
- Also, separate ranged DPS and melee DPS.
- Sort columns- by name, zone, required itemlvl, etc
- Show ALL premades, not just the first X. Obviously WoW has millions of players so it will need to be pageable.
- Tool should be raid lockout-aware. If you're locked to boss X, it shouldn't show raids earlier on.
- No way to specify class for waitlisters. If you need a certain raidbuff, or bloodlust, or whatever.
- Show how many people are already waitlisted
- Show premades you're not eligible to join, with a checkmark to only show those eligible. Often I'll be playing an alt, and want to check for my main.
- Show loot type when browsing (master loot when the description says free rolls, etc)
- Can only waitlist for 5 minutes. Often when trying to join multiple raids, they keep you on ice until people drop or they need you. This is likely a Blizzard restriction, though.
Anything major that I missed?
Jul 9, 2013No, I'm not Chaud. If I knew you read these forums I would have been less, umm, blunt. I didn't mean any insult to you directly; it's your addon, you own it, you're developing it for free, and you can add any crazy features and use any license you wish. You don't owe me or anyone else a thing!Posted in: Addon Ideas
That said, from your responses elsewhere, it was pretty clear that you are not interested in making the sort of changes Chaud requested; primarily modularizing the addon so I can disable everything that isn't involved in cross-realm group finding. I read his Reddit comments and found myself nodding my head and going "that guy is dead on!", and I hoped someone else might be interested in producing something that more closely fits my needs.
Jul 8, 2013Where was I rude or disrespectful? That was not my intention, and if it came off that way I apologize.Posted in: Addon Ideas
Edit: Also I don't expect anyone to do anything for me, since I'm not offering to pay. I'm just throwing the idea out there and hoping someone finds it worthwhile and runs with it.
Jul 8, 2013What I'm basically looking for is a version of oQueue that doesn't suck.Posted in: Addon Ideas
OQueue is a cross-realm grouping tool using a battletag mesh. The addon contacts a set user run by the addon author, who relays messages from hundreds or thousands of battletag friends. You can create your own group with a description, ilvl and pvp power requirements, etc, then people petition to join it. It's very useful and has very quickly become essential to me and many others. When flex raids come in patch 5.4 it will be even more so.
As per GC's tweets, Blizzard specifically does not intend to fill this need-- they allow manual cross-realm raiding in flex raids, but not cross-realm queueing like LFR.
The problem is that while this addon fills a huge need, and is thus very popular (>500k downloads on curse), it's a complete piece of crap. The author adds tons of random features unrelated to creating/finding groups like battleground timers and monster bounties, is unresponsive to most user feedback, only accepts echochamber-type feedback on facebook, the addon randomly freezes the game for 4-5 seconds every time you inspect other players, he checks every time you target anything so you can /hail if it's him (seriously), it sucks up tons of CPU, when uninstalled you get spammed from your oQueue friends 100s of times (needs warnings/documentation), and so on. It's terrible... and I must use it, because it's the only option.
Ideally any replacement would use the same channel to join oQueue's mesh, but the addon is licensed "all rights reserved" so that might not be possible. Even if you need to start over, everybody I know uses oQueue, and everybody I know hates it. I believe that an oQueue clone sans suck would be very popular very quickly.
A fine explanation why it sucks (see posts from Chaud @ mmo-champ)
Nov 22, 2011Carnitaas posted a message on BadBoy: An extremely minimal spam blocker & reporter<>Posted in: General AddOns
Jul 20, 2011Well, it is the addon's fault, it's possible to cancel buffs out of combat and SUF doesn't do it.Posted in: Unit Frames
My impression is that the authors have very kindly donated their time to keep SUF working after Shadowed quit simply because they use the addon themselves, but don't see it as their addon and as such aren't looking to add new features or functionality not already present. That's a bummer to be sure, but certainly better than the alternative, SUF not working at all.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.