- Curse Premium
Member for 12 years, 4 months, and 2 days
Last active Wed, Aug, 1 2018 15:12:05
- 0 Followers
- 28 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Sep 11, 2010I am a statistics buff, so I created the Gain Tracker addon and its associated web site.Posted in: General AddOns
Gain Tracker tracks gains achieved in World of Warcraft and provides aggregated statistics.
Currently, Gain Tracker tracks gains in XP and Gold. These gains are further differentiated per class, talent spec, zone, level and rested state. In addition Gain Tracker also tracks the time spent to achieve these gains. With this information Gain Tracker can provide answers to questions such as the following:
- What is the optimum leveling path?
- Where to earn to most XP and gold per hour at a specific level?
- How much XP and gold per hour do you earn in a specific zone by level?
- Where do you earn the most gold per hour at level cap?
Future plans for Gain Tracker include more and improved statistics on the web site and tracking additional information, such as the announced PvE points.
As you can see, the Gain Tracker database would benefit from some more contributions. Please give Gain Tracker a shot and contribute some data. I welcome your feedback on what you would like to see in the addon and on the web site.
While the focus of Gain Tracker is on Cataclysm, the addon also works on live.
May 15, 2010I just noticed that a recent refactoring removed the (undocumented) showbutton field from the EditBox widget.Posted in: Ace3
The rules editor of my add-on BossNotes has relied on this field to disable the Okay button for a small 5-digit spell ID editbox that just looks awkward once this button shows up and consumes most of the edit space.
Is there a way to work around this?
Dec 24, 2009I am looking for some beta testers and feedback for a new extension to Boss Notes called Rules. In a nutshell, the Rules module provides completely in-game generic roll-your-own boss mod functionality that is integrated with existing boss mods.Posted in: General AddOns
What is it about?
Boss Notes is a modular add-on. As of version 1.1.0 Beta 1, the add-on includes a new module called Rules. The Rules module provides generic boss mod functionality. This means that functions such as notifications, timers, raid target icons and yells can be defined in-game by the individual player. To that end, the Rules module supports so called Event Condition Action (ECA) rules:
- Event: An event occurs. Example: Someone casts Hand of Protection.
- Condition: A series of conditions is checked. Example: You are yourself the target of the cast.
- Action: An action is executed. Example: A 10 seconds timer is started.
Let me give another example illustrated with in-game screen shots from the rule editor. This example is for the Disrupting Shout cast by the big trash mobs in the ICC entrance area.
Pleaes note that these are rather simple usage examples.
Why should I be interested in this? I am quite happy with my current boss mod.
If you engage content early, it may happen that your prefered boss mod includes only limited support for an encounter. Further, it may happen that a specific tactic used by your guild or a specific task assigned to you makes specific boss mod functions desirable that are not supported by your current boss mod.
The goal of Boss Notes Rules is not to replace your boss mod. Rather, you can extend your current boss mod with additional rules. To that end, the Rules module includes bridges to Deadly Boss Mods (DBM), Big Wigs and Deus Vox Encounter (DXE). When a bridge is active, notifications and timers from the Rules module are integrated with the regular display of your boss mod.
What else can Boss Notes Rules do?
- Distributed Raid Target Icon Assignements. A generic implementations ensures that raid targets are set by all raid members with leader or assist status if they have Boss Notes Rules installed. This is useful for targets that are only found by mouseover (such as in the Yogg-Saron +0 encounter.) A transparent tie breaking algorithm ensures that all raid members assign the same icons to the same units - and this is independent of how many players have configured a respective raid target assignement rule.
- Rule Broadcasting. Rules can be exchanged within a party or raid.
Where can I get Boss Notes Rules?
I recommend a manual download from:
Boss Notes Rules is only included in the 1.1.x beta trail (currently at 1.1.0 Beta 1). The 1.0.x release trail (currently at 1.0.9) does not include the Rules module. This is why I recommend a manual download.
What else is there to know?
- It is an early beta. Bugs are likely. The user interface has not yet evolved beyond all shadows of a doubt. And I would not call Boss Notes Rules function complete at this time. All feedback is welcome, be it with regard to bugs that you have found or ideas on how to improve the module.
- Boss Notes must first learn boss abilities. If you have not yet used Boss Notes, you will have little joy with rule editor until you have actually played the encounter or trash for which you want to define a rule. This is because Boss Notes learns emotes and boss abilities while you are playing an encounter when each ability is used for the first time. Consequently, the abilities database is empty on a fresh installation. This makes the definition of rules ineffective.
- Bridges. Go to the add on settings, deactivate the display Simple and activate the bridge for the boss mod of your choice instead. The display Simple, which is enabled by default, is really aptly named: it is simple. You will not have much joy with it.
Nov 15, 2009I recently started using AceGUI-3.0 to develop a specific editor frame for BossNotes. Now, there is a gap between my understanding of how AceGUI-3.0 works and what I am experiencing in practice.Posted in: Ace3
I understand the working of AceGUI-3.0 as follows:
- When you use AceGUI:Create() you get a widget from a pool.
- When you use widget:Release() the widget is wiped and placed back into the pool for re-use.
- Due to the re-use of widgets it is perfectly OK to release the editor frame when it is closed and have it re-created by code when the editor frame is needed again.
- Due to the re-use of widgets one should not modify them directly bypassing the AceGUI-3.0 APIs.
- When I create the editor frame for the second time it is not shown. Invoking frame:Show() resolves this issue. Of course, this is in a strict sense a violation of not acessing the widgets directly.
- When I create the editor for the second time, an editbox widget that is a direct child of the frame still contains the text entered in the first editor instance.
As this issue is quite fundamental, I assume that the fault is with my code or my understanding of AceGUI-3.0. Any help is appreciated. If the solution is not in the obvious category, I can reduce my code to a sample that reproduces the problem and post it here.
Apr 24, 2009Boss Notes 1.0.0 has been released today.Posted in: General AddOns
Boss Notes provides shareable notes and other information for your guild, party and raid community. The add-on lets you take notes from your boss encounter learnings and share this information with other players. You can also use Boss Notes as a general, structured in-game notepad. In addition, Boss Notes records trash and boss abilities and provides a collection of short encounter tactics.
Boss Notes is based on a modular design. The add-on can be extended with additional modules.
WowAce Link: http://www.wowace.com/projects/boss-notes/
Curse Link: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/boss-notes.aspx
This thread is for the genereal discussion of the add-on.
Please use the ticket system when reporting bugs: http://www.wowace.com/projects/boss-notes/tickets/
Apr 24, 2009It really is a question of efficiency versus usability.Posted in: Libraries
Dewdrop is incredibly efficient and powerful. But of course, one can always beat a generic solution with a tailor-made one when it comes to usability. This trade-off really is for the authors to decide.
Looking forward to an Ace3 Dewdrop.
Apr 5, 2009Posted in: General AddOnsQuote from teedogDoes Analyst record the looting of "failed bid" gold from the mail box?
Yes. (Gold may be missed if a mail automation add-on removes the gold and deletes the mail before the content of the auction house receipt has been transmitted to the client.)
Apr 5, 2009Posted in: General AddOnsQuote from ZidomoSimilar to the previously reported error from three months ago. Hope to see the mod become more stable in the future :).
Thanks for the info. Please be sure to create a ticket on WowAce to make sure error reports like this do not get lost. Creating a ticket now.
Oct 28, 2008It would appear that looting corpses in battlegrounds causes intermittent currencies with a nil name to appear in the game client. Thanks for the report. I have implemented a fix for this issue and released it as 1.0.4 Beta 1.Posted in: General AddOns
Oct 21, 2008Posted in: General AddOnsQuote from ZidomoGet the following error at logon with the last build of Analyst in WoW USEng 3.0.2 live:
Analyst-1.0.1 for World of Warcraft 2.4.1\\Capture.lua:215: AceHook-2.1: Attempt to hook a non-existant function \"DoCraft\"
Reminescence from the WoW 2.x version. Please try release 1.0.3.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.