Check out the download pages linked at the bottom of this post to see documentation on how to use in-game and custom sounds for events, along with a couple screenshots!
This addon allows you to further customize events in the game with sounds! By either using already built-in sound files or your own custom ones, you can add effects or notifications to make the game more enjoyable and/or helpful to you. :) It is named "Medley" because it fit's the definition quite nicely: "an arrangement made from a series of melodies, often from various sources."
Medley was created using Ace3 libraries, Quixote 2.0 and is localization-ready.
Type /medley to bring up the options or you can find it in the "AddOns" section of WoW's default Interface panel.
- Enable/disable the different sounds
- Use built-in game sound files
- Use custom sound files
- Profiles for different configurations
Here is a list of the events Medley currently supports along with the default sounds:
- Quest objective completion - Peon says "Ready to work!"
- Quest full completion - Peon says "Work complete!"
- Quest failed - Orc death cry
- Level up - Lots of drums beating
- Duel finished - A crowd cheers
- Mail notification - A low pitch thump
- Whisper notification - A "wisp" noise
- Auto follow - This is the only one not customizable at this time, if enabled your character will automatically do the train emote once when first following someone.
NOTE:These customizations do NOT REPLACE current game sounds, but play along with them. If you are using another mod that adds sounds to events, you may want to disable those specific sounds in Medley or in the other mod to avoid having them all play at the same time.
Info & Download