That'd be me, hi!
I created Spelling because nothing else really seemed to fit the bill for what I wanted. Here's a quick run-down of what Spelling does...
- Can print to all channels, including emotes.
- Allows more than one entry per spell, thus adding variety.
- The user can specify a chance of firing so that Spelling doesn't spam its entries all the time.
- The SOURCE variable exists so that if a player sets up an item for being the recipient of a buff/debuff/ability/attack, it'll allow them to put the name of the entity responsible in their output.
- The HITNAME variable exists so that the person casting or using an ability can put the name of the focus/target in their output (you don't have to have anything targeted for this to be true, the only condition is that the spell/ability must actually land on a named entity).
- Uses the new COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED, as most systems for parsing the old chat log or catching auras seem to be partially broken these days.
So to the OP, if this sounds like what you want then check out Spelling. And if you find that Spelling is almost what you want but it's missing a certain something, then let me know and I'll try to implement it. I'm always looking to improve the Spelling experience.
(Oh, I forgot to mention that the reason I created my own instead of using AuraToChat, as an example, was because AuraToChat can't output emotes.)