Anyone around? :p
Just hope for those changes and have this addon back on perfect functionality.
- Registered User
Member for 11 years, 4 months, and 10 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 4 2013 14:31:58
- 0 Followers
- 146 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Apr 24, 2009For me is hard. Any addon that "forces" me to do more then the normal things is not good for me. One addon that can do that automatically without having to press anything is a good addon. And I might understand it wrong, but really, when you select another target to use beacon on, do you have to make it focus to work? What about sacred shield then? Do you have to use sacred shield on the target that has focus or it won't track sacred shield? .. Not trying to be rude or anything like this, but I can't use it that way. I just wish Spellreminder will add the sticky groups option fo much easyer arranging on screen.Posted in: Addon Ideas
Apr 24, 2009I believe this has been done due to security reasons. But Blizzard should make something that allows continuous logging to hard drive made especialy for combat log, without being able to modify anything, maybe just add a filter. That would help me alot in my new desktop project.Posted in: AddOn HELP!
Anyone knows any details on this thing? Blizzard is thinking about this? Or they just don't want to do it and that's it?
Apr 23, 2009Posted in: Addon IdeasQuote from FarookI just set the beacon/shield target as my focus target, and change the configuration of NeedToKnow for this buff(s) accordingly.
That is good enough to don't use it. I understand correctly that is not tracking unless you select a focus target?
I am having the same problem and I find it really hard to find some good addon to track easily what cooldowns I want. Addons made for specific classes or for specific situations (you have to select it as focus or you have to track alsways your target) are not worth imo.
I would really like also to find some addon that can do this:
Let's say I create 4 groups of spells.
1. Holy shock/Holy shield cooldown
2. Sacred Shield Duration
3. Beacon of Light Duration
4. Divine Plea Duration
So I will have 4 bars, wich I would really like them to have different colors for bars and for font, according Icon, etc.. I would like them also to keep their position and next time when appears to appear where the group positioning is. Also a sticky bars options would help alot.
Also, If to second bar, the sacred shield one, I want to track other ppl sacred shield, I would like the bars to look like this.
1. Holy shock/Holy Shield
2. MySacred Shield
3. Player2 Sacred Shield
4. Player3 Sacred Shield
5. Beacon of Light duration
6. Divine Plea duration
You know what I mean?
Keeping the groups in the same spots, but posibility to grow upwards in case more then 1 spell is tracked into one group at the same time, and the other bars to autoarrange in a sticky way to the groups that are resized.
Anyone knows any addon taht can do this?
I am using SpellReminder at the moment, but is really a pain to arrange groups, and because last patch created a second spell with "Sacred Shield 1" name, one of my bars has been overwritten as positioning by the additional sacred shield effect wich by mistake has the same name as the spell. So.. still searching. And yes, Is a must to have the same position and order on the screen for the cooldowns/durations I chose to track, also them having different colors is a must for me.
Apr 21, 2009The auras filter is easy to apply.Posted in: General AddOns
The buffs i can't cast myself is a bit tricky. Also the auras cast by others will be included into this list if I apply that filter. Would be nice to be able to apply more whitelists/blacklists. The reason I want this is that auras are already included into the groups of auras. Also a sorting of auras based on who casted them, would be really nice.(auras cast by me to be shown first, rest after).
Maybe I'm just blind, but I didn't find the spell names in configuration to be able to add/remove to/from a whitelist/blacklist. (please tell me step by step how to add a spell to a whitelist - yeah i look like a newbie now :p )
On the food buffs, I want to see the well fed buff there, but I don't like to see the 2 buffs (eating, drinking) that I get while eating. That is why I want to filter the list.
Apr 21, 2009I am using SpellReminder for this job, as a holy paladin. Only thing I still need is a fixed position for one particular spell, as using different groups makes it difficult to move them around on the screen without a sticky option for bar groups.Posted in: Addon Ideas
Apr 21, 2009I need only the announcement of some spells that I consider important. Combat log tracks everything. And many other addons track verry few.Posted in: AddOn HELP!
Let me give an example:
Player 1 casts Lay on Hands ===> Player 2.
Player 3 casts Polymorph ===> Mob Name
Boss casts "Frostbolt" ===> Player 4
Player 5 casts "Tricks of the trade" ===> Player 6
Player 7 Breacks "Polymorph" ===> Mob Name
I don't care about numbers. I just want to know the most important things that happen in a raid/combat so that I can have a quick feedback on big mistakes/or good interventions. Also the posibility to track this into a log of some kind, not only a screen announcement, would be nice to have, in order to see later who what did good/wrong. As I said, the way Spell Alerter does the announcements is nice, but can't track all spells, and can't put them in any log.
I will have to get home to test the addon you just said, but again, I don't need the numbers, and for me is more important to have all the spells possible first, and the logging posibility optional. (It doesn't help if I have a log but spells like taunts are not in there, so spells are the priority)
Ty for the repply
Quote from ElkanoWhat exactly do you want to track?
cooldowns? cast bars? casts? resulting de/buffs?
Is actually an addon that announces some spell casts only. Ofc it will require a whitelist to pick spells from. I would really love something like this, to be able to get a more accurate view of the fight, and I believe will be a must addon for any raid leader.
Apr 21, 2009I am really trying to find an addon that can track alot of spells done by my raid members to the boss, done to boss or spells that the boss casts on raid members.Posted in: AddOn HELP!
I tryed to find some addons that do this, but most of them weren't able to track all spells or some are tracking only boss=>players spells, etc..
Here is the exact description of what I really need:
1. I want to track spells like all cc, missdirects, taunts, interrupts, rarely used spells like "lay on hands" or any other spells done in raid. A posibility to add spells that I want to track would be nice. Also should be able to add thjose 3 types of spells based on the caster/target type.
- player to player
- player to mob
- mob to player
2. Sorting those spells on different criteria, and based on those should be able to announce the spell in a different manner - example:
- I want all player to mobs spells in one place of the screen and rest on other place of the screen, or maybe the same place all the spells but different colors. Spell Alerter does this and is a good idea(tested it but it does not do all I need).
3. A window like combat log that tracks those spells with colors/icons/caster names/tearget names would be lovely, in order to check who did something on who. (I've seen some pictures on some UIs where I've seen something like that, but the ones I've seen were only for what happens to me - would be nice to point out that addon also if anyone knows what is called)
4. A nice addition to this would be information on cc breakers, since would be nice to be able to use only one addon for all kind of information that anyone might need from what is happening in a raid.
If anyone knows any addon that can do this, or at least a good part of what I am asking for, or even better points 1, 2 and maybe 4, would be really nice.
Apr 21, 2009One thing I would like to see in this great addon is a list of filters for every group, predefined filters:Posted in: General AddOns
- auras ;
- buffs that I can cast myself ;
- buffs that I can't cast myself ;
- buffs that are created cause I'm eating, using trinkets + other low duration buffs.
I have seen that there is a Whitelist/Blacklist in there but I really can't figure out where to add new buffs to any of the lists. Any tutorial/how to on this feature?
Apr 21, 2009I have been searching for a mode to display timers and since now, this one seems to be the most easy to configure/chose spells I want to see, with most potential on displaying timer bars. A big thanks for this great addon.Posted in: General AddOns
I would really like some new functionality on this addon since it does not all I could ever want from a spell timer addon. Here are my wishes:
- can you please add the posibility to have the font displayed on the timer bar with the same color of the bar(and the margins of the chars a bit darker so that you can see what it says), as I believe that configuring the bars to have different colors should be enough to see clearly wich color isn't anymore in your list. I use this addon to know faster if a particular spell finished it's cooldown and is available again to be cast.
- can you please add the posibility to have a fixed position for a particular spell so that everytime I check for that spell will have the same position and will take a milisecond to realise that is already available for recasting. I did this with this addon using different groups of spells for every particular spell, but at least if an option to autoarange or make bars sticky would be superb. Also keeping the icon grayed out on the screen in the the position where that spell bar just faded, would also be a nice addition.
- also a functionality to move the groups up or down, in case one of the groups displays 2 spells in some cases, or the option to force a group to diplay a maximum of 1 spell at some point would be great.
I also seen some bugs, or maybe just some wrong functionality:
- I disabled autodetection of spells and the addon still discovers new spells.
- for some reason, I just have to assign a spell on the "normal" group since it will pick the first spell that the addon learned into "normal" group though I assigned it to another group. (hope I explained it so all can understand - my bad english..)
Can this addon remember the spells by icon also, not only by spell name? For some reason I get sacred shield for my holy paladin twice in the bar list, as there are 2 different buffs with separate icon, but with the same name wich appear in the same group, and overrides the position where other groups are.
Apr 16, 2009When I try to send a whisper to anyone ZOMG Buffs does not allow me to see any of my whispers and I get an error. Also, if anyone tryes to send me a whisper, that person gets an error too, and I can't see the whisper. With "I can't see the whisper" I mean that when I hit enter after sending a whisper to anyone, the whisper will not appear in the chat. Any fix for this pls? If needed (I do believe more ppl have this) I will post the error that I get when I get home.Posted in: General AddOns
Apr 15, 2009Hi, I can see alot of benefits from addons of this type. I simply don't understand why people don't see the real benefit that an addons of this kind can bring.Posted in: General AddOns
I would really like to use this addon as a replacement to ALL my rarely used buttons, or buttons that I never use in combat.
One thing that none of the sphere type authors think of, is:
This addon, besides the fact that it looks cool, can be also used to save space. The fact that is required to leave the space free on my interface where the subbuttons will appear is really bad, and does not bring any benefit at all. If this addon could hide the main buttons when one of the buttons is pressed, and replace them with the subbuttons of the button pressed, would save alot of space, and in the same time, I believe that this is the fastest way to access some buttons that you don't want to have all time on your interface.
The way most sphere type addons work now, having to keep free the space where buttons will appear, is just useless imo.
(hope I didn't upset anyone, but is obvious the power that this addon could bring, but was really disapointed when I've seen that all do the same behaviour..)
Apr 15, 2009Please add the posibility to have the "red" button and the place where player frames appear on the right of the class list, just in case I want to move pally power in the left of the screen.Posted in: General AddOns
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.