- Registered User
Member for 11 years, 1 month, and 22 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 4 2013 14:31:58
- 0 Followers
- 146 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
May 26, 2011Either I missunderstood you completely, but anyway I need to test out if enabling pets in grid will add that mind controlled mob to grid or not.Posted in: Grid & Grid2
From what I understood, is it that a mind controlled mob will still be a priest pet?
Isn't it viable to simply "disable" priest pets that are called "Shadowfiend", like that will remain to be displayed those that are mind controlled mobs?
In 10 ppl version of Naxx, there was a posibility to use that "globe on pillar", to make the mobs mind controlled, are those that player pet? You are sugesting that the multitude of dk and hunter pet names will make it impossible to track the difference between a hunter pet and a mind controlled by the hunter boss?
May 17, 2011Don't mind the post I did, since is not related to Grid.Posted in: Grid & Grid2
I would like though, if anyone can explain to me if hovering over an offline/out of range/dead player is viewed as a valid frame?
Or is that player frame being viewed as simply "world frame"?
I am asking this cause I seem to get an unexpected behaviour where a mouseover macro will not work on those kind of frames.
May 17, 2011Yes, the sorting by role option is exactly how I wanted it, thank you very much.Posted in: Grid & Grid2
About the pets, can I have the following setup:
Lets say that I enable pets and set group 6 as being pets group, but in the filtering menu I uncheck all types of pets, so that mind controled mobs/bosses would be the only pets that would appear. Would this work, or are there any kind of player related pets that I can't uncheck?
May 13, 2011Is there any chance to have this awesome addon show Boss Unit Frames?Posted in: Unit Frames
Is there any way to switch buffs with debuffs based on the hostility of the unit frame?
This change would save me alot of space considering that friendly units have alot of buffs and very few debuffs, while hostile units have alot of debuffs (combat), and very few buffs.
Here is an example how I would make all those frames fit in one side of the screen:(I arranged the units exactly how I have them in my mind):
Would be really usefull if you could add those features, and I could finaly say that this addon has everything I could ever dream of.
Apr 20, 2011Well, seems like I had enabled "Replace Grid Border with Group Borders", and since I am using background only and hidden border, I ended up seeing empty space. So the "bugs" are not bugs at all, sorry for that..Posted in: Grid & Grid2
I tested this and works okay.
About pets. I really like the fact that I can "disable" warlock pets, but my question is how about if I don't want any player pets to appear except for friendly bosses, or mind controlled mobs? I might doing it wrong not bothering much about healing pets, but I would have to enable pets every time there is a boss like Instructor Razuvious in Wotlk - Naxxramas. It would be really handy to be able to select "Mindcontrolled/Friendly units pets" or something like that in the list.
Apr 19, 2011First of all, Thank You for the interest in continuing the work.Posted in: Grid & Grid2
So here is what I did.
I installed versions of this addon down to r70. From this point it started to appear the options in the GCL submenu. I have absolutely no idea why it did not appear first.
About the sorting sugestion. I seen now what the addon can do, although I am not absolutely sure I understood perfectly the 2 options about using Blizzard tanks and overriding with roles.
What I want to do now is to present you the situation I want to "solve", since I am sure you might come up with a better solution that I could think of. So here it is:
In my guild raids, only thing that we really use, (and most guilds do so), is the "Promote to Main Tank" option from Raid View. Now the problem is that it happens that raid leader uses "Role Check" instead of "Ready Check" (he should start doing it from somewhere else not from the dropdown menu of his own frame, I know..). Every healer knows that healing is also a process of learning people positions, as it will help with reactions. What I really want to do is to have an option that takes into consideration only the "Promote to Main Tank" option from Raid View, cause I am trying to avoid one of the following things/I find this things better:
- Having people moved around when someone selects healer/dps role is a focus loss/performance loss for me.
- Since most of the healers in my guild use Grid, but they use the standard "alphabetical order", I would rather have all healers have pretty much the same order in grid, for the sake of assignments (Chimaeron for example), but tanks specifically do not make a big difference.
I think I explained well, why I would love to have the option to sort only by that, and to ignore the new tank/dps/healer roles. If my explaining is not good enough please ask me to give more details where you see fit.
Also, the configuration solution you provided seems to be good enough for what I wanted, as long as "Everyone Else" is sorted like everyone else using grid.
I also found 2 bugs:
- I modified this myself in the file "GridConfigurableLayouts.lua" , and the code sequence is loking now like this(there was some space between the frames):
if horizontal then
adjustX = 0
if groupAnchor == "TOPLEFT" or groupAnchor == "TOPRIGHT" then
adjustY = -10
adjustY = 10
adjustY = 0
if groupAnchor == "TOPLEFT" or groupAnchor == "BOTTOMLEFT" then
adjustX = 0
adjustX = 10
- one other bug was that the black background behind the frames disappeared.
By the way, I am installing now latest version, to see how exactly it works, so please "forgive" me if those have already been fixed in latest version.
I will be watching this thread, to see what other info I can provide.
Apr 18, 2011If there is something that I could realy use regarding player sorting within Grid, is the setup posted by james31, and one other feature I would like to have is to be able to put a "Tanks first/Alphabetical after" kind of sorting. This would mean that if 3 players in group 1 are tanks, and 1 person in group 2 is tank, then first 3 rows of group 1 will contain tanks first, alphabetically, and after, 2 players, alphabetically sorted, regardless of being dps/healer. Also the top player in group 2 would be the g2 tank, and the rest under it, in alphabetical order.Posted in: Grid & Grid2
This seem to be the only thing I can't do at this point in Grid, and I would really appreciate if you could continue the work, cause it is an useful addon.
The new menu in grid containing the options from this addon is empty in r72 version, and the version from curse does not display group sorting at all. Is there any version that has group sorting enabled?
Thank You for a nice addon.
Sep 8, 2010Hi, I am a big fan of Grid addon, and after I felt the need to have more squares around my Grid frames, I gave Grid2 a try. However I have a few questions about it, and the future plans.Posted in: Grid & Grid2
1. I am trying to use the class color for incoming heal color, but I am unable to add it an alpha component, to not let the incoming heal look like the player already has that amount of HP.
2. Any chance to setup the border of the frame with different line sizes?(more thin would be interesting).
3. I am trying to see the health deficit as a Full color (black), so that the mouseover highlight doesn't become visible when the health deficit is big enough. (that highlight texture is annoying cause is covering the black zone that remains when a person has low hp)
4. Is there any chance to add +/- pets layout options to grid2?
5. Is there any chance to add the option to sort pets by importance, leaving the warlock/spriest pets last? I seen a ticket about resizing grid2 based on a maximum width/height. Is there any way to also add a maximum number of lines for pets? I am sure most of the players will got with the assumption there will be less then 5 hunters in a raid, so if the sorting pets by importance option will be there, for me is a nice compromise to use a maximum of 1 line for pets. This will also save myself from having problems to position grid2 in my ui.
6. The statuses that are available at the moment in Grid2 kind of need more options, since there are alot of things that could be added, to make it at least as powerfull as grid1 from this point of view.
7. Please add the option to chose if we want to see a fading cooldown on the icon or simply see the icon if is there or not.
8. One of the more important things that I would love to see is to adjust the health bar, and this means: x and y treshold, max width, max height.
However the list can continue, I really love the idea that I can make separate indicators for my beacon of light and other holy paladins beacon. The way it's been thought is superb, however I would love to see more statuses, and have the current statuses more customizable.
Did you consider having The health bar as a big Square (actualy a filled rectangle)? How about adding a filled rectangle together with current icon/quare? This would also solve the mana bars problem. I know that a filled rectangle would have to be linked to a parent square, and adding the posibility to adjust maxwidth and maxheight as parent_maxwidth - an amount / parent_maxheight - an amount.
Thank You for a wonderful addon !
Feb 24, 2010Posted in: Grid & Grid2Quote from GreltokThat may be a lot of information to pack into a little Grid cell.
Have you tried VisualHeal? It might be just what you're looking for.
I tested it once, but would be awesome to auto change to the person I am healing without changing my target :) (yes I know I am asking too much).
Oh, and is hard to watch when I have my eyes on Grid. Thank You for sugestion but it is not really working for me.
Feb 23, 2010Posted in: Grid & Grid2Quote from Azethoth
Having the incoming heals be the same color as actual health but with more transparency makes it easy to differentiate. I am pretty sure you can do that in both Grid and Grid2.
That I already have.
Quote from Azethoth
I am curious why you care to see theoretical overheal. Actual overheal can only be determined after the fact when the unpredictable damage the boss did during the heal casts shown is taken into consideration.
I do want to see the exact moment a greater heal is being started to cast on the main tank, cause based on this I can do the following things:
1. Time my heals based on the incoming ones.
2. If I see the exact moment the players start to cast heals and the amount of overeheal being enough so that I can do finish my holy light cast on a dying dps, (this in case I don't have my beacon up).
I do know that now you will tell me that I have to ahve the ebacon up in that situation, but I will repply you with the fact that beacon has a delay and I do not count on that in the situation where the tank doesn't have enough heals from the other paladin healer or from the druid we use from time to time for tank healing(depending on the type of damage the main tank gets).
3. I am testing also the amount of sustained healing on the tank with this, and I would like also to get a number together with the total amount of heals which should sugest the number of total "greater" heals being casted on main tank.
In other words let me put it this way, I do like to have enough data so that to be able to decide if the tank needs my heals in the moment or not. And that is not a simple judgement based on the overheal, it has more factors that come into play, and yes I would like to see the exact number of "greater" heals incoming on the tank. Is all about aproximation and fast deciding in healing, and yes I top the metters in my guild as a holy pala(unless I have some not productive job to do), though there is one more holy pala in the raid.
Feb 23, 2010Sir, I am really tired trying to prove this and that. I am sure that you understood what my problem is, and I am not able to find any solution that suits me (as stupid might seem my desire, is still a desire). If you think that you know/can do something that might help me please do it, if not that's it, I give up.Posted in: Grid & Grid2
Feb 22, 2010Posted in: Grid & Grid2Quote from Phanx1. You can filter by class, but not by role, group, or other arbitrary characteristics. That isn't going to change in the core, period.
2. Then change the color for the status.
3. Is there some reason you think you can't keep class-colored health bars?
Frankly, if you find the incoming heal amount text so distracting, I'd suggest just turning it off. You don't need to know that everyone group 5 is about to receive a 6k heal, only that they are about to receive a heal. Instead, turn on the incoming heal bar. That way, you get a visual estimate that is (a) less visually prominent than text and (b) shows the incoming heal amount in context relative to the unit's total health, which is far more valuable than seeing "6k" without knowing how much health the unit has. For example, a 6k heal about to land on a tank with 40k total health who is actively taking hits from the boss is very different than a 6k heal about to land on a mage with 25k total health who just took some AoE splash and is in no immediate danger.
I do have it turned off at the moment, and I think will remain so, for the simple fact that I can't find any color that would be "clean" enough as long as I use class colored healthbars. You are right about "6k" being different related to the person that receives the heal and what his state is at that time. But, for a main tank would be nice to see also the amount of overheal not just the fact that the incoming heals cover his health bar. I also sugested some other solutions that might be usefull for other problems, not only mine. Seems like I was not so lucky.
"Instead, turn on the incoming heal bar." You mean the transparent health bar that shows how much health the unit will have after receiving a heal? Is it able to show the overheal?
Feb 19, 2010Well, I have some points that I think are valid.Posted in: Grid & Grid2
1. I do want to see for main tanks the amount of heal incoming.
2. I do want to the text to be of such a color so that deosn't add clutter to my grid.
3. I do want to keep my class colored health bars, as is the only way I can heal with Grid.
Now my idea is to do something with the incoming heal text, such way that I can still focus on the remaining health of the ppl. When everyone gets healed, especialy in aoe damage fights, I verry much do get distracted so bad, that the tank dies, or I overheal like mad.
Seems like that I need one color that work well with classcolors, or just use the idea of classcolored incoming heal text.
Now, this is the only solution I see, just for the fact that any color I use, with a class colored background I will anyway have situations where the clutter will seem to be bigger.
I am happy to hear any other solution, that will reduce the clutter on my grid, but still see the numbers.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.