Maybe the culpright of the glyph Page problem is Sanity2, I got the same problem, but apparently It resolved itself when I deleted Sanity2 and started to use Altholic.
However is not simple to track down the problem disabling and enabling addon because It was kinda of erratic, not every time the glyph page was unusable
- Registered User
Member for 12 years, 10 months, and 22 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 4 2013 21:30:40
- 0 Followers
- 15 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
May 31, 2008Posted in: Unit FramesQuote from doxxx »
Bind those key combos to something in Clique. I think there's a Do Nothing action that you can bind to.
I use Clique to cast lifebloom on right-click, but if the unit frame is out of range Clique do nothing (right) but pitbull open the configuration window (wrong).
At present I follow a suggestion in another thread to delete the row
from pitbull.lua every time I update pitbull
Mar 2, 2008Posted in: Unit FramesQuote from Ellipsis »
Do the changes show up if you reload your UI after copying the profile over? There is a known issue with the actual frames not updating after profile changes.
No, I tried to reload the UI and I logged out from wow and reloaded the character, but the layout is unchanged.
But I think I solved the problem. When I created the first character I havent choose a name for the profile under (Profile -> other), I choose only to have a personal profile for the character under (Profile -> Choose [character: Shanin of the Venture Co]).
If in my second character I try to copy the profile using "Copy from" nothing is copied (I try to choose the option from the dropdown list Profile->copy from, but nothing happens.
But If I save the profile in the first character using Profile->Other then I can copy the profile in the second character.
Mar 2, 2008I deleted pitbull.lua from the WTF directory and started with a new install.Posted in: Unit Frames
I saved each character with his own profile, then I configured pitbull for the first character.
Then I tried to copy the profile of the first character on the second character (Profile-> Copy from): I can see the first character profile but when I click on it nothing happens (the profile of the first character is not changed and there is no error message).
Feb 29, 2008Posted in: Unit FramesQuote from Ellipsis »
Let me go through your list of complaints...
1. Fixed a wihle ago.
To fix this problems I remove the row "frame:SetAttribute("*type2", "custom_menu")" from pitbull.lua each time I update pitbull (dont known the effect, I'm blindly following the indication of another poster on this forum). As the row is still present I assumed the problem was still here. Glad to hear is fixed.
2. Working as intended; different people run at different resolutions and UI scales, so using the same size and scale options would most likely look quite wrong anyway.
But if you export the original screen size you can rescale each element when the configuration is imported in another resolution. A unit frame 80px width on a 800 x 600 monitor would be a 160px width on a 1600x1200 monitor. Maybe the result is no perfect, but will give a good starting point when you import the layout of another people.
3. Interesting feature request, perhaps you should Jira it. I don't think anyone's requested that before.
Maybe not asked directly but indirectly. I see people asking to post the .lua configuration to speed up the import process of other layout.
4. Also been fixed. When was the last time you actually tried these things?
Before sending my I tryed to copy my layout from one character to another without success (menu profile -> copy from). Pitbull (and all my ace addon) were updated to the last version with wau. This evening I will try to importo using with a clean WTF
5. It does if you aren't running CTRA/oRA. There is a Jira ticket already up for improvement on this, and it is planned.
Ok, I will try to install CTRA.
6. All you have to do is drag the frames where you want them and start playing. The positions can't really be done for you by default, because everyone likes different layouts, and again the resolution/scaling issues I mentioned above.
The resolution/scaling is not a real problem. You need only to save the original screen resolution and rescale based on the real screen resolution at the loading time. See my above reply. I known that I have only to drag and drop the unit frames where I like to have them but still I think is best to have a standard simple workable configuration for new people to use.
7. That's what the profile system does. Many people use it to switch layouts for different sized raids already.
As as I said I get error using the profile system, I will try with a clean install
Thank for your attention and your work
BTW I love your avatar, every time I came to this forum I stare hypnotized to it :D
Feb 28, 2008Posted in: Unit FramesQuote from Ellipsis »
What issues are you haivng? Do you have any tickets on Jira I could look at?
I don't known what Deadmage find annoying, but my main problems with pitbull are:
- In some cases right clicking on unit frame open the rock configuration interface - this is very annoying when happen during a boss combat
- Lack of an complete import/export function. Currently the mechanics to import/export configuration save/load only parts of the configuration. You have to set up manually size/scale and other options.
- Lack of a global import/export function. The current import/export function work only on single unit frame type, you have to use the import/export function for each type of unit frames (target, party, raid, ecc..) you want to import/export
- Copying of configuration from one character to another broken. You cannot set up a character and then copy the configuration to another character. You have to make the configure anew each character.
- Don't recognize main tanks designated with the standard blizzard interface (often my raid leader dont use ctra)
Not a bug, but very useful if you want to introduce new people to pitbull:
- lack of a "out of the box" basic starting configuration. To set up a workable interface you need some work
Not a bug, but I like to see it:
- Save/load of different profiles for the same character. When I'm in 25 main raid I want to use a different interface from when I'm in a 10 main raid.
- Position of "Target of", "Pet of" and similar unit frame are indipendent from the main frame, I would like an option to set up the position of "Target of Party" as an offset of "Party" unit frame position, so if I move the Party unit frames "Target of party" will follow it around. Same for Pet, target of target, ecc...
I still find that pitbull is the best unit frames that I tried, and I'm grateful for the work you people invest in it, but I hope that the above problems will be fixed in future.
Feb 16, 2008Posted in: Unit FramesQuote from ngollon »
I've just uploaded the first version of my "Lifebloom"-Module to the WoWAce SVN.
Thanks, very useful for druids.
I liked how the lifebloom stack was implemented in this message http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=6037.msg169997#msg169997 using libdogtag, but the way libdogtag is organized changed and I don't known how to insert the necessary tags in the new version of the library.
Jan 12, 2008I'm trying your addon in place of Clique.Posted in: General AddOns
My toon is a druid and normally I assign righ-click to "Rejuvenation" and shift-right click to the standard blizzard right-click menu (to set pvp status, leave party, ecc.., inspect, eccc). How can I assign a click to open this menu ?
Jan 10, 2008_ForgeUser707171 posted a message on [PitBull] Full Layout Import? (all frames, settings, etc)Posted in: Unit FramesQuote from Seerah »
Just take the time to look at the options and read their tooltips. It's really not as hard as people make it out to be (no offense) ...
No offense, but not all the people have the same skills, and for some is hard what for other people is easy and the possibility to really export/import all the pitbull configuration would be great.
Jan 2, 2008Posted in: Unit FramesQuote from st0nedpenguin »
I'd rather just maintan consistency across characters than claw back a few pixels of space on non pet characters.
Horses for courses though I guess!
So why keep a broken feature that ruin your configuration if used ?
Jan 1, 2008Posted in: Unit FramesQuote from st0nedpenguin »
Use the Default profile.
Voila, no need to copy between characters!
1) Sometime different characters need different layouts. For example a clas without pet can use the space used by the pet to allow a bigger player and target unit frame.
2) A full import capability will be useful to copy the layouts of other players. At present to import the unit frame used by other player you need to make multiple copy & paste for each type of unit frame AND the copy is only partial because some setting are not imported.
Jan 1, 2008Posted in: Unit FramesQuote from Seerah »
You're welcome. People make PitBull out to be so difficult to configure, but it's really not. Things are laid out for you if you have the patience to look at all of the options.
But you need a lot of patience, pitbull is in my opinion the best and more flexible unit frame. But it's annoying to loose the configuration when you try to copy your profile from one character to another (some problem with librock) and restart again to move your unit frame around.
Things will be much easier if it was possible to export/import the configuration in one step.
Dec 25, 2007About the green border glitch, maybe the subject of the unit frame was poisoned (or cursed or another debuff), check the highlight options inPosted in: Unit Frames
[unit frame type]->other->auras->highligth->colors->debuffs
Dec 21, 2007I checked my current (is a working in progress) setup for Clique:Posted in: Unit Frames
Click set Default: leftclick -> set target
shift leftclick -> show menu
Harmful actions set : nothing
Helpful actions set: rightclick -> lifebloom
shift rightclick -> Healing touch
alt rightclick -> Regrowth
ctrl rightclik -> Rejuvenation
Out of combat: middleclick -> Mark of the Wild
The problem is incostant sometime it work like a charm, sometime no. Yesterday I healed my companion
clicking on the party unit frame, but I cannot cure them clicking on the focus unit frame. Some other day rightcliking on party frame opened the pitbull configuration window.
Apparently the problem is costant during the same execution of the wow program, until I logout the window on which I have the problem remain the same. But if I logout and terminate wow and restart again the problematic unit frame could change.
Dec 18, 2007I started to use Pitbull, it's the best unit frames that I saw, but I have some problemPosted in: Unit Frames
in using it.
I have installed Clique addon to manage the healing (I'm a druid), sometime when I right click or I double right click on a unit frame I open the configuration window of pitbull instead of the intended action (cast Lifebloom on the unit using Clique).
There is a way to disable this behaviour ? I tried every option in the configuration panel, but I cannot find anything related to this issues. It's very frustating when in the middle of the fight you open a configuration panel intead of healing the main tank.
I'm not sure it's a bug so I dont known if I must open a ticket in the bug tracking system :D
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.