- Registered User
Member for 15 years and 19 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 4 2013 14:29:42
- 0 Followers
- 219 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Sep 12, 2005Random: When you click that link, HydraIRC (assuming you're using that) should join the channel automagically for you. If that's not the case, please tell wha tDOES happen.Posted in: Lua Code Discussion
You can try to manually join by starting HydraIRC, typing '/server irc.datavertex.com', close the dialogue that pops up (it's asking if you want tosearch for and join a public channel, but we don't need that since we know the channel name), then in the new window type '/join #ace101'. You should now be in the channel. This procedure should work for any IRC program too (minus the part about channels, which might vary from client to client). Gool luck!
Sep 12, 2005I just had a moment of pride, inspiration and clarity (generally feelin' good) after managing to whip up the IRC tut so incredibly fast, and whenever I get in that mood I usually remember other 'moments' I've experienced. Just now I remembered the first time I heard the Plastic Bag Theme from the American Beauty Soundtrack. It is the most beautiful song I've heard, and I felt like sharing that with you. I suggest that you spend five minutes and download it on Limewire and listen to it.Posted in: General Chat
I also want to ask that you tell me/us about what you think is the most beautiful song you've heard.
Sep 12, 2005I'm going to describe two ways you can join us on IRC.Posted in: Lua Code Discussion
A. Use Gaim.
The preferred way if you're already using some form of IM system, such as AOL, MSN Messenger and ICQ, and/or if you want an easy-to-use, lightweight client. Highly recommended. Read about Gaim [Here].
1. If you haven't already, download and install Gaim from the link provided above.
2. When you start Gaim for the first time, you should get the Accounts window up. If you've been using Gaim before, open up your Accounts window from the Tools-menu (or by pressing Ctrl-A) now.
3. Click the Add button.
4. Enter the following info in the dialogue that appears:
Screen Name: (The screen name/nickname you want)
You can leave the rest of the options at default values (mostly blank)
Click Save to save the account.
5. In the Online-column, click the checkbox. Gaim will now connect to the IRC network. (Optionally, you may click the checkbox in the Auto-login too to automatically connect to the network when Gaim starts.) Close the Accounts window.
6. In the Buddy List window, click the Chat button at the bottom (or if you've removed that button, open the Buddies menu and click Join a Chat there).
7. In the dialouge that appears, type "##ace" (without the quotes) in the Channel field, and click Join. If you have more than one account set up, you might have to select the account you made in step 4 in the Account dropdown-box.
8. You're now in the channel! Now we only have one more thing to do. In the Conversation menu, click Add... and if you want, type an Alias and/or a Group for the channel in the dialogue that appears. Then click Add. (Optionally, in your buddy list, right click the "buddy" you just added and select Auto-Join if you want to immediately join the chat each time you connent to the network.)
9. Chat away! Also, I recommend you ditch any other IM client you have and instead just add more accounts in Gaim, it supports a lot of services. Check the Gaim site for more help on that!
B. Traditional IRC Client
The preferred way if you're an IRC power-user and need more functionality than Gaim provides, and/or you have an IRC client you regularly use.
1. If your client supports it, try clicking [this link] (I know mIRC and HydraIRC work, others might too). If that fails, join manually on Server:irc.freenode.net Channel: ##ace (You should know how if you're using this method ;))
2. Start chatting :mrgreen:
If you have any trouble or questions, post em here.
Sep 11, 2005Granted, you now have a new friend who has an iPod with speakers. He's playing Banana Phone on repeat, and in a devilish twist of fate you start to like it. Banan Phone is fun! It's starting to draw your attention away from the addon you're coding, and as you start to sin g along, the world fades to white and you imagine yourself in a colorful, teletubbyish world where poorly drawn cartoon characters are using banana phones to communicate. With a wide grin on your face you embrace your new reality and grab the nearest banana, while your friend in the Real World has to watch you sit in a corner, your head bobbing back and forth to the beat of the music and having a slight dribble running slowly down your cheek, until finally, after 6 hours (yes, that's all it takes) you collapse dead on the floor. Your friend smiles as he walks out the door, ready to find a new victim...Posted in: General Chat
Sep 11, 2005Not really on topic, but while we're on the subject of editors, I'd like to introduce you to my buddy MoonEdt. It's a real-time multi-user text editor over the internet. I've used it in conjuntion with Ventrilo, I was helping a friend with making a PHP script, and it totally r0xx0rz. But it doesn't have many other features, sadly.Posted in: General Chat
In the same context we have SubEthaEdit which apparently has more features, but it's Mac only...
Sep 10, 2005Granted, you've been polymorphed into an amoeba.Posted in: General Chat
I wish I made an extremely popular thread in one of the best forums ever that had the ability to challenge everyone's creativity and cheer anyone up in a matter of seconds.
... wait, too late :twisted:
I wish I never have to shave again!
Sep 8, 2005"My grammar sense is tingling!"Posted in: General Chat
I was; you were; he, she, it was; we, you, they were. Take note of the first person singular form.
So, because of bad grammar, your wish has become a bit mis-interpreted. You are now a were-metamorphic-digital-entity, meaning that you can only take on another form whenever there's a full moon, and also that you MUST take on another form in that case. I don't think I have to tell you about all the difficult situations this could bring you into.
I wish I could travel back in time four hours just this once, so I can get a full nights rest.
Edit: [Speaking of time-travel...]
Edit 2: HAH! Beat ya again :twisted:
Sep 8, 2005We should make an IRC channel. Or even better, we should make a Ventrilo channel!Posted in: General Chat
I really should go to bed. I must not make a habit of staying up late just to browse the forums a bit more. Like last year. (But I fear it may already be too late)
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.