I'd just heard about Altoholics on alt.games.warcraft and then saw it recommended again at http://tacticalgamer.com/. Looks like it will replace my use of Possessions and MailExpiry (which is no longer maintained). Any chance it can share data with CharacterProfiler? (I'm using that to upload to my guild WoWRoster web database.) CP collects pretty much the same data so that I can review my characters on the guild site.
BTW, I just sent this to my guild mailing list:
Subject: Manage your alts with Altoholics
I just discovered this addon. It tracks all your alts possessions, skills, and mailboxes.
You can download this as a zip file from the WoWAce "Interface Enhancement" category here:
Official forum thread:
From the Readme, here's the feature list:
- Account-wide data summary:
- Characters' talents: only a summary, not a full buid, I may implement this later on if there's demand.
- Money, /played, rest xp for each character, subtotals by realm, and grandtotals for the account.
- Bag usage: see at a glance which characters should get bigger bags (bag size, free slots and types included)
- Characters' skills: skill summary on one screen, namely the 2 main professions + the 3 secondary skills as well as riding. I may add more if there's demand.
- Reputations: a list of all the reputations of the current realm's characters. This screen will get some love in the future, but it's perfectly functional. You can see at a glance if all your alts are at least honored with Honor Hold if you want to get the new 2.4 blue PVP set.
- View containers (bags, bank, keyring) of all alts, on all realms.
- Guild banks : You have 10 alts in 10 different guilds on the same server, all of them with access to a guild bank ?
Not a problem, you can see them all here.
- E-mail: allows you to see which alts have mail without having to reconnect them. The addon will tell you when mail is about to expire on a character. Threshold configurable (up to 15 days). Multiple realm support as well. Mails sent to a known alt (one you've logged on at least once) will be visible in the addon.
- Equipment: See the equipment of the current realm's alts in one screen. Very useful when purchasing stuff for your alts at the AH.
- Options: the option screen is still a bit minimal, I'll add more options along the way depending on user requests.
- Search: the most important feature of the addon, it uses an AH-like frame to display search results. You can either search bags on the current realm, on all realms, or a loot table.
The loot table is a table based on AtlasLoot 4.04 which contains only item id's, and therefore keeps memory usage minimal.
As an indicator, with 10 alts (+bank) + guild bank + loot table, the addon only takes 2.3 mb of memory. The addon has gained weight since the integration of some libraries, but this will ensure support for multiple languages in the future. I expect to support deDE soon.
The Search menu allows you to find items based on their name (even partial), level, type or rarity, almost like at the AH.