- Registered User
Member for 16 years, 2 months, and 2 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 4 2013 21:29:42
- 0 Followers
- 239 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Nov 2, 2008Posted in: UpdatersQuote from shankWhat is the purpose of the ArchiveContentForm window that opens after updating an addon?
I have a feature request: Changelogs
Can you display the changelog for an addon before updating it? It's annoying when I see an update, check the changelog for the goodies and it's just a localization update. There's really no need to update the addon in that circumstance.
Changelog summary at the end. After addons are updated, give a summary window with the addons' changelogs. This was a much appreciated feature in JWU.
same problem here.
Nov 1, 2008Posted in: UpdatersQuote from RoemerReady to Release Alpha 4!
Here are the Download Links:
- NoLib Support
- Site Priority (Settings, Drag n Drop)
- Mark Addons which have multiple Mappings
- Use 7Zip for Extracting and check for wrong Packages (like xchar)
- Added over 100 Mappings
Hope to hear some Feedback!
it's fantastic!! pls do not stop development! :D
Oct 25, 2008- AutoBarPosted in: Updaters
Oct 12, 2008Posted in: UpdatersQuote from gramgI read the OPs request differently. Just a list of all addons with a <not on Curse at this time> next to the ones it can't handle.
Edit: oh . . . someone got it already, should read the thread completely before replying . . . <goes off to get cofee so he can think again>
yeah that is the point!! :D
would just know waht is not coming from curse / ace so i can search for similar one on curse / ace. :D
Oct 11, 2008Posted in: UpdatersQuote from TorhalExactly, on both fronts. You'll have to go through all the old Ace addons and set them to ignore in the updater first, though. Then you'll be able to set their Curse ID.
couldn't be the Curse ID assigned in some way automatically? :D
Oct 11, 2008sorry if that has been alredy request! :DPosted in: Updaters
would be possibile list all addon in CC also the addons not supported by curse and or wowace and have indication that are not already on that comunity so maybe i can search for addons that can substitute them? ;D
i do have probably someting related only wowint :D
Oct 7, 2008Posted in: UpdatersQuote from cremorHi Kaelten,
First of all I'd like to thank you and your colleagues for the great work you have done with the new site! Looks good and works without bugs for the most parts.
I also fully understand that you had to switch to the new site now so you have at least some time with it before Patch 3.0 goes live.
But from what I've read in this thread about the Curse Client it seems like that it is not nearly an updater like I expect it (and I'm used to). So I decided not to use it until some (for me) basic features are implemented.
I already have read that you want to implement the following features. Could you maybe give me an approximate ETA on these? I'm a software developer myself so I know good ETAs are hard to say, but a time span of about 2 weeks should be ok, right?
- Updating to alpha/beta versions from WowAce.
- Updating with disembedded libraries.
And could you please also say if it's planned to implement the following features? And if yes, maybe also with an approximate ETA?
(I know that the first two points depend on updating with disembedded libraries)
- Automatic detection of needed libraries for addons, so libraries are downloaded and deleted (!) automatically, also with whitelist and blacklist support, just like in jWowUpdater.
- A "reinstall all addons" feature which also works if I changed the disembedding libraries option. So all libraries are automatically downloaded or deleted.
- A "show changes" feature which shows all check-in notes between my old version and the new one for all updated addons (not just a changelog for each addon, I'd like to first update all addons and then read the changes of all addons at one place).
- A "update all addons" button in the free client (no complete auto-update, just a button to update all addons to the latest version).
- If you don't plan a "update all addons" button in the free client (which would be a very bad decision in my opinion!): A updating queue, so if I have to click update for each addon that I can do it fast at least and don't have to wait until a update is done to do the next one.
And something different: I've noticed that the following addons exist twice on Curse:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/recount-threat.aspx (correct one)
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/recountthreat.aspx (last updated 3 months ago)
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/grid.aspx (correct one)
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/grid-pastamancer.aspx (last updated 5 months ago)
* i do agree
Oct 4, 2008Posted in: UpdatersQuote from dafirewhen i look at the version history it might be able to update with new curse
1.8.591 (2008.10.02): Site fix: Curse.com supporton the other side after a small test it still got files from files.wowace.com
in fact i don't know if it will work in future but for now it works.
could be useful have a automatic detection of where an addon came from
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.