Thanks Eraslin. I've modified my Excel book to do the UTF thing and everything is working great now. Importing and exporting is very quick.
Now, I have another question. Is there any way to modify DKPmon to not announce the winning bids in /ra? If possible, I'd like to announce the winners with a configurable message, but make ni mention of the amounts spent.
- Registered User
Member for 11 years, 10 months, and 29 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 4 2013 14:30:36
- 0 Followers
- 6 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Sep 14, 2007Posted in: General AddOnsQuote from Eraslin »
Quote from Reeco »The whole addon doesn't understand special characters. In dkpmon.lua and the ingame DKP window, names with umlauts, accents, etc in them are corrupted. It seems to be the case only if DKPmon generated the name in the first place - for example when I did my own manually created import, the names were written correctly. Consequently, I have some people showing twice in my DKP table - the uncorrupted version from my import and the corrupted version generated by the addon.
Oh, I think I know what you're talking about. That's an lua thing. Characters with accents need to be converted in your importdata.lua before they'll work.
http://www1.tip.nl/~t876506/utf8tbl.html has a list of all of the characters. The way you use it is to find the character, then look at the UTF-dec column and replace the character with the given number pair.
ex: If you had 'a' with a tilde over it, the UTF-dec column is 195.163, so you'd have to enter that as \195\163
Similarly, 'a' with a ring over it would be \195\165
It's a pain in the arse, I know. I'm not much of an Excel guy but, there's probably some sort of trick you can do with find & replace to automate that too...
Cool, thanks a lot. If I make the edits in dkpmon.lua, will they stick?
Sep 14, 2007Thanks for the reply Eraslin.Posted in: General AddOns
What I had in mind for the CSV export was the abilty to preconfigure a name and location for a .txt file to be created when doing the export, to save copying and pasting. No big deal though; the current method is pretty swift as it is.
The whole addon doesn't understand special characters. In dkpmon.lua and the ingame DKP window, names with umlauts, accents, etc in them are corrupted. It seems to be the case only if DKPmon generated the name in the first place - for example when I did my own manually created import, the names were written correctly. Consequently, I have some people showing twice in my DKP table - the uncorrupted version from my import and the corrupted version generated by the addon.
Sep 13, 2007Hi everyone, pretty new to DKPmon but having fun with it so far. After a few hiccups everything is running in-game fine, so what I am working on now is getting the data in and out. As my guild runs a DKP for donations system we do a fair amount of points adjusting, and I find the in-game UI a bit cumbersome for this.Posted in: General AddOns
What I'd really like is for the CSV export option to just dump the info into a file somewhere. I can then do an automated import into Excel, make my adjustments and generate my importdata.lua. Obviously, the more steps I can remove from the procedure the better.
Also, is it possible to set any parameters based on a players guild rank? I'm guessing not as ranks don't show up in the database anywhere, but thought I'd ask anyway.
EDIT: One more thing. DKPmon struggles with things like umlauts and accents (much like these forums, otherwise I would show examples). This is a bit of a nightmare for me, and it probably will be for many EU guilds.
Sep 1, 2007I have an issue with the EQDKP import as well. The webpage is created fine, and I copy and paste this into importdata.lua. When I select Import in-game, the confirmation box pops up, but when I click "Yes", nothing happens - the db isn't imported and I get no error messages. The confirmation box stays open.Posted in: General AddOns
Aug 31, 2007With regard to the CSV import, I have done a spreadsheet that takes the work out of creating your lua strings. Just enter the name, class, level, race and points into five columns, hit a button and you are ready to copy and paste into importdata.lua. The spreadsheet takes care of unprintable characters, unwanted spaces, quotation marks, colons, commas and capitalization.Posted in: General AddOns
It may be of limited use, but could come in handy for someone. I used it for my initial import into DKPMon. Email me if you want it.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.