I just realized that it would be nice, for the people that take time and make the effort to come here on the forum, to post my BlackBook.lua file, if they are not afraid of using a file from a complete stranger ;)
So here it is, attached.
- Registered User
Member for 11 years, 10 months, and 3 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 4 2013 14:30:32
- 0 Followers
- 7 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Aug 9, 2009Posted in: General AddOnsQuote from PhanxThe problem isn't with including friends (that's easy to do by passing certain predefined parameters to the Blizzard autocomplete function) but with including your alts, who are not necessarily on your friends list or in your guild. Pre-3.2, Postal kept track of your alts, and autocompleted to them at the mailbox, prioritizing them over friends and guild members.
The changes I suggested just make Postal works as it used to work before 3.2, including alt name completion ^^
Aug 9, 2009Ok, I looked at how Blizzard changed things about autocompletion, and it appears that they created a new template for that (described in files AutoComplete.xml and AutoComplete.lua).Posted in: General AddOns
That taken into account, I did a few changes in BlackBook.lua, but beware that this is a quick'n'dirty fix, I really do not think this is the best way to recode BlackBook.lua (I leave this to its author). Anyway, this works for me, restoring Postal full functionnality.
Here what have been done in BlackBook.lua:
1. Changed the way autocompletion hook is done, and removed a hook that seems to no longer exists (or is of no use anymore).
Around line 82:
--self:RawHook("PlayerNameAutocomplete", true) self:RawHookScript(SendMailNameEditBox, "OnTextChanged", "PlayerNameAutocomplete") --self:RawHookScript(SendMailNameEditBox, "OnCharComposition")2. Changed the PlayerNameAutocomplete() function
Around line 300:
function Postal_BlackBook:PlayerNameAutocomplete(editbox, userInput, ...) if ( userInput ) then if not self:PlayerNameAutocompleteReal(editbox, userInput, ...) then return self.hooks[SendMailNameEditBox].OnTextChanged(editbox, userInput, ...) end end end3. In function PlayerNameAutocompleteReal(), added some code right after "local textlen = strlen(text)" and before "-- Check alt list".
Around line 334:
if previousEditBoxNameLen >= textlen then previousEditBoxNameLen = textlen return true end previousEditBoxNameLen = textlen4. As you may guess from the block of code of point 3, this required to add a variable.
I did that right after "local enableAltsMenu" near line 29:
local previousEditBoxNameLen = 05. It also seems useful to reset this var when reseting the module.
This is done in function Postal_BlackBook:Reset(event) near line 121:
function Postal_BlackBook:Reset(event) self:UnregisterEvent("MAIL_CLOSED") self:UnregisterEvent("PLAYER_LEAVING_WORLD") previousEditBoxNameLen = 0 endPlease note: since I have played quite a bit with the file, the line numbers in my BlackBook.lua file may not be exactly the same as the original one.
Please also note that with this modification, names in friends list are auto-completed by Blizzard function, which may seem inconsistent, but has I said, this is a quick'n'dirty fix ^^
Hope that could help the author to publish a fixed version ;)
Jan 27, 2009_ForgeUser626562 posted a message on WoW UI Updater (Win/OSX/Linux, supports multiple sites), 1.6 threadPosted in: UpdatersQuote from lejordet2A question, since I forgot: Can anyone confirm that installing the VC++ 2008 redistributable actually makes WUU .605 run on a computer that previously couldn't? I would assume it does, but nobody has stated it explicitly ;)
I confirm that too :)
By the way, thanks a lot for the link. Many people don't wan't to have to look here and there for something that could make some software works, so the more you make it easier for them to use your work the more you'll have chances that users keep using it.
Jan 27, 2009_ForgeUser626562 posted a message on WoW UI Updater (Win/OSX/Linux, supports multiple sites), 1.6 threadPosted in: Updaters
Hello, it would help a lot of people if you could put this link on the download page ;)
May 6, 2008It surely is linked to localization, as I somehow rebuilt the locale file for frFR (keeping existing translations, adding a few, and merging with enUS locale for non-translated strings) and it seems to be working fine now.Posted in: General AddOns
I've attached here the locale file for frFR, I'm sure french users will love to see it in the next update :D
May 6, 2008Hello,Posted in: General AddOns
Found this morning that AI wouldn't load after some libs updates:
(catched with swatter)
Date: 2008-05-06 08:41:20 ID: 86 Error occured in: Global Count: 1 Message: [string "ARKINV_SearchFrameViewSearchFilter:OnLoad"] line 1: attempt to concatenate field 'MOD_MENU_MAIN_SEARCH' (a nil value) Debug: [C]: ? [string "*:OnLoad"]:1: [string "*:OnLoad"]:1 AddOns: AckisRecipeList, v0.86 agUnitFrames, v05-01-07 ArkInventory, v2.27 FuBar, v60201 Ace2 Ace3 LibBabbleBoss30 LibBabbleFaction30 LibBabbleZone30 LibCrayon30 DewdropLib FuBarPlugin20, v2.0 $Revision: 66634 $ LibJostle30 LibStub LibPeriodicTable31, v3.1 LibRock10 LibRockComm10 LibRockConfig10 LibRockConsole10 LibRockDB10 LibRockEvent10 LibRockHook10 LibRockLocale10 LibRockTimer10 LibSharedMedia20 LibSharedMedia30, v3.0 TabletLib MobHealth, v3.3 Outfitter, v4.2 Swatter, v5.0.PRE.2953
Think this could be related to localization (as MOD_MENU_MAIN_SEARCH appears in enUS locale, but not in frFR which is the one I use).
I just realized how much I miss AI when it disappeared ;)
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.