- revamped aura tracking: instead of tracking hard-coded debuffs, users can now configure black lists and white lists for both buffs and debuffs to be tracked.
- added filter options to main UI for buffs and debuffs to go with new aura tracking
- Registered User
Member for 13 years and 3 months
Last active Fri, Oct, 4 2013 21:30:25
- 0 Followers
- 82 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Sep 17, 2008If there are any special debuffs worth noting that may contribute to a death, they'll be noted like (S) or (D) next to the combat log entry while they apply. If you hover your tooltip over an individual entry that has that denoted, it will say more specifically what the debuff is.Posted in: Raid AddOns
(Note that as soon as I've done some more raid testing tonight, all that will change with my next check in :)
Sep 15, 2008Acheron-81739Posted in: Raid AddOns
- reorganized filter and report options in main UI, and separated 'Clear All' from everything else to avoid accidental clears
- added option to report absolute health instead of percentage in report entries
- added option to filter only healing or only damage
Sep 11, 2008Thanks for the praise, Menju, much appreciated. Unfortunately, Phanx is right. I added the LDB support so that everyone could have a launcher-type button from the display addon of their choosing. If you run any of those (StatBlocks, Fortress, ButtonBin, etc), you should be good to go.Posted in: Raid AddOns
BTW, I have some changes coded to address some of the comments above, but I haven't been able to test them because I'm not actually able to get into WoW right now. AT&T has a router issue somewhere between me and Blizzard, and while I can get most anywhere else on the interwebs, I can't get into WoW. :(
Sep 9, 2008That is annoying, isn't it? I've done it a couple of times myself. Unfortunately, AceGUI is a bit coarse-grained when it comes to how you can position widgets on the UI, so I may have to do some hackery to move it. I'll see what I can do.Posted in: Raid AddOns
Sep 7, 2008Ah, I was just about to post and ask if maybe that's the problem. Thanks. I haven't had a chance to sit in front of my computer for more than a couple of minutes to answer email but as soon as I can, I'll get a fix checked in.Posted in: Raid AddOns
Agree, and that's probably what I'll do. But I think tracking is the easy part, what I'm thinking hard on is the display aspect. One of the things I really like about Acheron is being able to see, line by line, when a certain debuff is on the target and when it isn't. Currently, that's designated by a letter symbol next to each combat log entry in the display. If the report is also displaying when buffs are coming on and off, obviously it starts to get a little crowded, and there would be the issue of deciding how to show the important stuff (and not just in the display but also when outputting to a channel). Maybe there could be an additional dropdown menu that allows you to select from the list of debuffs that were tracked for that report and select one to highlight?
Sep 5, 2008Hrm, just from taking a look at the code in the repository, I can't see anything wrong that would cause that. Is anyone else having that problem? I'll test it out with a fresh install of the addon when I get home from work.Posted in: Raid AddOns
Sep 5, 2008Checked in the following improvements:Posted in: Raid AddOns
- fixed bug with crazy health numbers being displayed when raid members are out of range for health readings (0/0 bug). If no health is available, Acheron will just display "--"
- hopefully finally fixed bug with nil entry on reporting
- added support for LibQuickHealth for more accurate health readings
- access to the main UI has changed significantly. Instead of right-clicking on a unit frame to get a report option, you can now access all reports via '/acheron show'. Any available names can be selected from a drop-down menu.
- added quick-launch support for LibDataBroker for viewing reports as well
Next up on the list of things to do
- come up with a good system for configurable, extensible buff/debuff tracking and display
- display timeline-style list of death reports, per combat rather than per player
Sep 2, 2008@fovilitive:Posted in: Raid AddOns
I think you may be on to something there. I'll see if I can't play with it some more tomorrow.
That's been a common request and definitely something I'll be adding at some point.
Aug 23, 2008@Menju:Posted in: Raid AddOns
Thanks for the additional debugging data. This is a bug that I and a number of other people have seen, but it's been really hard to nail down exactly what's happening. I'll keep working on it.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by an "empty option" in the drop down menu box?
I think we're basically in agreement with each other on what we want the end result of Acheron to be, I just want to be cautious about how we get there. :)
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.