Playing DK tank (and sometimes disco priest) I really DO care about shields, but I don't quite see them fit it grid.
For my personal DK blood shield, I have TellMeWhen set up so I can see what amount of my shield is left. Based on this info, I would say that there are only 2 scenarios:
1. If I outgear the instance, the shield is almost always up, so the amount is meaningless and is not necessary to be shown. Healer(s) fall asleep regardless if it drops or not.
2. If this is progress fight, the shield rarely last longer that one boss swing, so it's amount is meaningless and not necessary to be shown. Healers probably won't have time to differ spells regarding my current shield.
That said, I think the amount is "nice to have" feature, but nothing game breaking and could be displayed in text indicator for amusement of "shielding healers" ;) Definitely nothing turned on by default.
- Registered User
Member for 11 years
Last active Tue, Nov, 19 2013 02:47:06
- 0 Followers
- 8 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
May 4, 2011After some digging in grid plugins I have basic idea how to set this up, but I can't find in SuF code to determine the tank's target highlighting.Posted in: Addon Ideas
Can anyone help me how to check if other players target match mine?
Apr 22, 2011I already use GridStatusRaidIcons and it works great, but multi-mob pulls are not always marked.Posted in: Addon Ideas
Marking every pull in hc is overkill, and even in raids it is not always the case. For example adds on Maloriak are not marked (killed one by one scenario), or bosses on Omnitron also are not marked, but info if all dps switched off shield is very helpful.
Apr 21, 2011What I'm looking for is a plugin for grid to let me know who in raid is targeting the same mob as me.Posted in: Addon Ideas
As a tank I often want to know if dps target correct mob.
Similar behavior is in SUF's tank frames, where tank's target highlights when I target another tank's target.
I hope it wouldn't be very resource havy :)
Nov 16, 2010Posted in: Unit FramesQuote from danonjiso u just said that u wont update it ? :( i rly like that addon and for arena and pve its just awesome , a exp arena player is talking here :( i would rly like to see that crowd control on portrait updated or implemented in the actual addon..
im in your hand. hope u will do something to cheer me up !
Mate, be glad Nev picked SUF and updated it for 4.0 or most of us would have to learn and setup other frames addon from scratch. But it doesn't make him responsible for any other SUF-related addon as well :)
Jul 12, 2010_ForgeUser3095662 posted a message on [Grid2] Checkboxes in configuration and frames orderI recently switched from Grid to Grid2, however there are two things that are unclear for me.Posted in: Grid & Grid2
1. Most of the checkboxes in configuration are tri-state (gold, silver, empty). What is the difference between gold and silver check? For example when adding new buff, the checkbox "show only if cast by me" behaves like it.
2. Grid2 by default sorts frames by player name in groups. This is different from default WoW sorting (including Grid sorting). Is there an option somewhere to set default group sorting?
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.