- Registered User
Member for 13 years
Last active Fri, Oct, 4 2013 14:30:09
- 0 Followers
- 6 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Oct 26, 2009I'm a long-time Pitbull user that recently has been seduced by Shadowed Unit Frames b/c of one small feature: the AuraTracker addon. It makes the portrait/class icon change to the icon of important buffs/debuffs, mainly for PvP, such as Polymorph, Stuns, SIlences, Bubble, etc. It acts just like the portrait icons on Gladius. Is there any way to replicate this in Pitbull?Posted in: Unit Frames
Jul 2, 2009I recently got the idea of making a CC Tracker, ala Shadowed Unit Frames, in Pitbull. I love the idea, but don't wanna switch to SUF just for that option. For those who haven't seen it, it's simply an icon that overrides your portrait with the icon for the CC debuff, along with the time remaining inside the icon, similar to what Proximo does. I am guessing this can be done via LuaText, but my lua is quite bad. Any help with this? What I fear is that I'd have to eventually make a list of every debuff that can stun, silence, fear, snare, or otherwise CC you... Maybe something can be done similar to Satrina Buff Frames where you can set a filter to search inside of the tooltip, and simply look for "Stunned" and so on... any suggestions?Posted in: Unit Frames
Jun 15, 2009Trying to replicate some DogTags so that I can go completely LuaText, but I know very little about lua. I would appreciate any help w/ the following tags.Posted in: Unit Frames
1. My HP and Power texts were always short absolute, but with HP/Power coloring. The default Absolute Short texts work for me, but I would like to add HP/Power Coloring to them. Also, I removed the status text from here (AFK/DND) and added that to the name text. More on that below.
2. My text for name and class used to be combined, in a 2 line format, with the first line being the name either class colored or reaction colored, and the second line being ShortClassification Level(Difficulty Colored) Smart Race(the one where if it's a player it shows their race, but if its an NPC it shows the type, like humanoid or mechanical). Also, this text would only show up for any unit other than player. This text would also show the status (AFK/DND).
3. My HP Text for my party/raid frames I used the standard missing HP text, but modified it to show AFK/DND but not the duration. Not sure how to remove the duration from LuaText.
4. I made a spiffy earthshield tracker for my group frames that would simply show a number in yellow of the number of charges left on earth shield, so that I could track when it's running out while healing. I had this in one of the corners of my Grid-like group frames.
I'll be doing some reading on the LuaText page on WoWAce, but it's pretty intimidating for a novice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Oct 29, 2008I have been using Dominos for quite a while, but only for the purpose of hiding the main action bar. I play using key-bindings, using LibKeyBoundExtra, and have no use for the main action bar. I recently have tried several methods, such as macros or adding a script such as "/script MainMenuBar:Hide()" to an addon I already use, with no success. Either it won't work, or the action bar will come back whenever the UI reloads or I switch areas. Is there any startup script file in WarCraft I can add that line to in order to never show the action bar? Or is there a lightweight addon that just hides the main action bar? While I feel Dominos is a great action bar mod (the one I always used to use), I feel there has to be a better way to get rid of your bar.Posted in: Addon Ideas
Oct 21, 2008Posted in: General ChatQuote from metalIDLE:
modified oUF_P3lim layout, bartender4, custom buttonfacade skin, basic chat mods, nMinimap.
Got sick of pitbull giving me errors since 3.0, so I copied my pitbull layout over to oUF with surprising ease. As a very nice bonus, I no longer lag in battlegrounds.
Will edit post with a combat screenshot tomorrow.
Been dying to transfer my Pitbull layout over to oUF, but haven't build up the nerve yet. Would you be able to tell me where I could go to get started on doing something similar? Surprisingly, the part of Pitbull I feel I'll miss the most is my aura filtering, which I'm not sure if oUF can do. Great layout, BTW.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.