It's not just mac users. I tried to install the Curse updater on my PC last week, and it was only detecting about 8 out of my 100+ installed addons. Looking at the forums, that was a known bug with 10 pages of replies and no sign of getting fixed. Tried it again today, and it's finding more of my addons, but still missing the vast majority of them.
But mainly I prefer WoWMatrix for searching for NEW addons. I used to use the WoWAce page for that, just show all addons on one page and use my browser's search function to search through the addon descriptions. But now that's gone, and my Curse alternative is completely useless. It'll only find things if I know their names or authors, both on the Curse site and the Client. There doesn't seem to be any option to search through the mod descriptions.
- Registered User
Member for 14 years, 8 months, and 22 days
Last active Thu, Dec, 28 2017 20:00:02
- 0 Followers
- 8 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
May 13, 2007Just started using this mod (was using Special Talent before, loved how it worked but I'm not hopeful that it's going to be updated regularly) and I have a few comments:Posted in: General AddOns
1. If I have "Confirm Learning" turned on, it will ask me if I want to learn something even if I can't:
a. I have no talent points to spend
b. I haven't fulfilled the requirements for that talent
c. I've already maxed out that talent (i.e. to put 6/5 points into something)
I don't know how possible it is to fix this problem, but I'd love to have point spending confirmation that I can actually trust "Yes" to mean "spend this talent point" rather than "spend this talent point if it is possible to do so, and if it isn't, don't give me an error of any kind telling me I didn't spend the talent point and why." I can't just turn off the confirmation, since it doesn't seem immediately clear to me that I am in template mode vs. normal mode, and I'm always afraid that I'm in the wrong mode and about to spend a point by mistake.
2. Transitions between templates and normal and editing seem somewhat unclear and awkward. You open the talent frame, and you have to enable editing before you can spend the points. You switch to template mode, and you have to enable editing before you can change anything. Is there a reason why there is a no-edit mode in the first place, and why can't I change this default? It isn't immediately clear to me when I open the frame that I am in no-edit mode, since the checkbox in the bottom doesn't always match whether I'm actually IN edit mode or not. (Such as when I recently switched back to normal mode from template mode.)
3. Is there any way we can, like Special Talent, see both our template and our current talent spec at the same time? Like, choose a specific planning template for that character that will show somehow in normal mode, so I don't have to switch back and forth a bunch to compare my current with my planned? Just a thought.
4. One more thing. It took me a while to figure out how I might be able to tell when I have talent points to spend, and how many. I guess I could look up into the corner and see if the level required for the current template matches my level or not, but this seems like a weird, roundabout way of doing it. I could turn off level requirement, but that still requires math on my part to take the current number and the maximum and get the actual number of free points. Maybe I'm just weird about wanting something that says "2 unspent points" somewhere.
Sorry for nitpicking... This is an awesome mod, but the way it currently works is somewhat confusing. I know some people who don't like this mod for these reasons and prefer to keep using Special Talent until it breaks completely and they're forced to switch. I personally prefer this mod, but can really see room for improvement.
Dec 29, 2006Posted in: General AddOnsQuote from Javotte »
Have noted however that I'm unable to set hearthstone with innkeepers that also have tradable items.
Just hold shift while clicking on them to temporarily get past the auto-skip. I do this all the time to access hearthstone setting, works great.
I was also going to add, AutoWhine was announcing I had low mana whenever I shift to bear/cat form on my druid (I assume, because I don't have any mana). Kinda moot since you took out that module, but you might want to consider this if you put it back in in the future.
Dec 5, 2006Posted in: General AddOnsQuote from Diabolique »
And I was wondering why my stacked items suddenly stack after collecting mail. The problem is that I DON`T want my mail to stack because i HATE separating dozens of dusts and essences.
Can you make this optional please ?
And I was starting to think I was the only one who hated this feature. I would much rather manually stack things (or use a bag sorting mod like Mr. Plow to do it on command).
The problem is, I auction things -- a lot of things. I love playing the auction house for gold. The thing is, I sell certain items in smaller stack sizes because they sell better that way. What happens if they don't sell? They stack themselves back up again automatically when I collect my mail and I have to go through the hassle of separating them out again. It's one of the reasons I *stopped* using CT_MailMod.
Dec 1, 2006Posted in: General AddOnsQuote from KnThrak »
Hrm - what alt mods are there except GuildGreet, anyways?
The one I'm referring to specifically is called AltMinder.
Not compatible with Prat at all. Alt/main markers simply don't show up.
Nov 30, 2006Posted in: General AddOnsQuote from dafire »
I currently use an other mod for tracking alts I wrote for my guild. It gets the mains name from the guild note, which have to been set on the twinks by an officer. e.g. M:Mainname
I always wanted to convert it into a mod for prat ,)
That might be helpful, except my guild is quite social and I generally know who my guild members' alts are. I usually use alt mods for my guild alliance, since I don't have a nice centralized roster of who everybody is, and it's nice to know if someone is an alt of someone I've known for a while, or if they're a relative stranger.
Nov 29, 2006Jeez, 29 pages? I wanted to ask if there's a possibility to add support or plugins to help keep track of alts? I currently use two mods:Posted in: General AddOns
Incognito: Adds a (myname): after my name in Guild chat, so my guildies can still know it's me no matter which of my 9 different alts I'm playing. Has options to set a separate message in party/raid chat to mark (MT): if you're the main tank and such.
AltMinder: Allows me to create a list of other people's alts, so it looks to me as if they're using Incognito. Seems like half of the people in my guild alliance have at least 4 alts each. For some reason, AltMinder doesn't work with Prat, the (main name): part of the message simply doesn't show up. I'm having a really hard time keeping track of people without it.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.