For me the culprit was BetterQuest.
I haven't looked if there is an updated version that might fix the problem though.
- Registered User
Member for 14 years, 2 months, and 9 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 4 2013 14:29:42
- 0 Followers
- 149 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Oct 4, 2008The default UI always closes the enchanting window whenever somebody trades me.Posted in: Addon Ideas
Then I need to cancel the trade and re-open my enchanting window.
And if the person in need of an enchant is not smart enough, (s)he re-opens the trade before I closed my spellbook.
So I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see this:
A window that opens alongside the trade window where it is shown what I can enchant to the item in the "Item not traded" slot (possibly depending on the reagents in my inventory).
This could be extended to "Pick Lock" for Rogues and maybe the profession to show should be an option (I don't know if there is anything besides enchanting that needs to be "traded" like this).
I know enchanting scrolls are coming with WotLK, but still this would be a very nifty addon.
Jul 24, 2008Random question without having looked at the code..Posted in: Grid & Grid2
How hard would it be to create Grid unit frames for the units target, targettarget, focus and pet?
I'd probably kick Pitbull out the window if I could get unit frames for those units integrated into Grid (therefore utilizing all indicators and GridAlert) :D
May 21, 2008Today I wanted to create a new tracker through the Blizzard interface configuration and got this error:Posted in: General AddOns
[2008/05/21 17:19:25-2993-x1]: BetterQuest\config.lua:208: attempt to index field 'trackers' (a nil value) (tail call): ?: <in C code>: ? <string>:"safecall Dispatcher":9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher"]:5> (tail call): ?: AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:705: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:526> (tail call): ?: <in C code>: ? <string>:"safecall Dispatcher":9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher"]:5> (tail call): ?: AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:257: in function `Fire' Ace3\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-EditBox.lua:54: in function <...Ons\Ace3\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-EditBox.lua:51>
May 5, 2008Posted in: General AddOnsQuote from Ryushi »And in the edit box too :
"the "say :", "tell xxx", "guild :", etc are in the good font
but not the text i write, maybe i miss an option ?
Look in the Editbox module settings, you can change the font there.
Apr 23, 2008Don't know if this has already been posted, but here's what I'm missing in Chatter:Posted in: General AddOns
- Per chat frame sticky channels. E.g. I have a frame for guild+officer only and when I open the chat editbox there I want it to be defaulted to /g. Typing a message to a channel there once, or every time after logging in, is fine, as long as it remembers the last used channel per frame.
- Tab highlighting does not work correctly and could be enhanced. E.g. I have a chat frame for whispers and when I have ChatFrame1 active and whisper myself then the tabs appear but the wrong tab is highlighted. Additionally I'd like that every tab is highlighted, when a message is posted in it (except combat log, of course).
- I'd like to lock all tabs so they are not accidentally dragged. Doing this with Blizzards settings hides the tabs, which makes it very hard to have multiple chat frames at all (since you cannot change the frame because the tab is hidden and does not appear on hovering over the frame because it is locked). While we're at it, I'd like to change the hover color (or disable the background color change on hovering).
Apr 8, 2008Posted in: Raid AddOnsQuote from Ugzilla »If at all possible, please SLOW DOWN the release of new versions of Omen. I don't know exactly what is going on, but when there are 3 or more versions of Omen released within an hour, it causes us all many headaches. It seems consistent that we will prepare for a raid, everyone will download the newest version of Omen during the hour prior to raid, and they still won't be compatible.
There's the major misunderstanding. It is not released. It is committed to the development repository.
And everybody that uses WAU sometime accepted that what they download with it is Beta quality software and things may (and will!) break.
The latest released version of Omen is on wowinterface.com and is ~24 hours old.
On another note, may I suggest that you change your raids process of updating addons?
Put up a file that everybody of your raid downloads, so everybody uses the same version. At least that solves your incompatibility issues.
Feb 25, 2008Phanx mentioned all points that bothered me with DogTag.Posted in: Unit Frames
What I'd like to see would be an improvement on how DogTags are entered.
At the very least multi-line edit boxes are needed because it is not easy to create long/complex DogTags.
I could imagine a WYSIWYG editor, where one could
- select text and change the color/outline/... on the selected text
- insert DogTags from a drop-down which can be split up into categories (e.g. much like the ingame help or the wiki is organized)
- see the effect of the DogTag (like the ingame preview thingie)
and what not more.
Just look at the buttons above the edit box when you write a reply in this thread ;)
FWIW such an editor does not need to be available ingame but could also be a <insert favorite language here> application that allows copy+pasting of the DogTags to the ingame edit box.
Jan 21, 2008When I delete a zone setting the list of zones does not update.Posted in: Grid & Grid2
Selecting a zone then yields these errors: http://ace.pastey.net/81011
After relogging the zone is still there (but it's now clickable again).
Jan 11, 2008Just tried this out of curiosity :DPosted in: Addon Ideas
I used Grid and GridAlert to set up an alert that triggers when any unit loses the Weakend Soul debuff:
1. Grid -> GridAlert -> Alerts
2. Enter a name into the field "Add an alert" (e.g. "Reshield") and hit Enter
3. Grid -> GridAlert -> Alerts -> (your new alert, e.g. "Reshield")
4. Customize the alert as you want it
5. Grid -> GridAlert -> Triggers -> Debuff: Weakened Soul
6. Enter the name of your alert (e.g. "Reshield") into the field "All units lose" and hit Enter
If you are missing the debuff in the Triggers list, you need to add it via Grid -> Status -> Auras -> Add new Debuff.
Oh, one more thing. GridAlert only shows static messages, so you don't know who lost the debuff.
You could also add the "Weakened Soul" debuff as center icon indicator, in addition to using GridAlert :o
Jan 11, 2008I don't think so.Posted in: Grid & Grid2
Furthermore, I think the default zones you added are very sane (e.g. Arenas, Battlegrounds and BC raid instances).
Maybe it could be improved, if they had their layout already set to something, like say
- AV to "By Group 40"
- Warsong to "By Group 10"
- Arathi to "By Group 15"
- Karazhan and ZA to "By Group 10"
- 25-man raids to "By Group 25"
I believe though, that anyone using Grid will go through the options of a Grid plugin at least once after installing it, because that is what Grid is all about: customizing raid frames to your needs.
Also, beeing incredibly neat on little screen space :>
Anyway, thanks a lot for this mod. Can't wait for the default thingie!
Jan 10, 2008zOMG totally overlooked this addon. No I don't need to code it ;)Posted in: Grid & Grid2
Didn't have a chance to play with it, but got a question..
Can you add some kind of "default" zone that is used when none of the defined ones match?
E.g. I'd like to have "By Group" by default and for battlegrounds/arena different layouts.
Or is this already possible? Then I did not find it in the options :o
Dec 4, 2007Posted in: Grid & Grid2Quote from Jandari »What is an issue is urgency. Tools that help me make decisions about who is in the most urgent situation are the most beneficial.
You might want to look into GridStatusHealer, which provides a status that tells you who needs to be healed, based on some clever rules.
For more information see the wiki page at http://www.wowace.com/wiki/GridStatusHealer
Nov 28, 2007[x] You're doing something wrong.Posted in: Grid & Grid2
1. Open Grid config
2. Status -> Auras -> Add Buff -> Power Word: Fortitude (EXACTLY as typed here)
3. Set a priority high enough so it won't get overridden when you choose your indicator later
4. Set options (e.g. un-/check "Show if missing")
5. Check class filter (when in doubt check all)
6. Frame -> Choose an indicator -> Check "Buff: Power Word: Fortitude"
Just tested it here and works like a charm.
Nov 20, 2007Posted in: General AddOnsQuote from thegriffgeeks »
I'm glad I did a search. I thought I was losing my mind. This same problem has been happening to me. Glad to see I'll have my mind for a little longer.
IIRC this "bug" was introduced sometime around when Sanity2 was changed to use SanityItemCache.
It never really got fixed :)
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.