I totally didn't mean to complain/whine btw, just wanted to throw out some suggestions for the future. I apreciate a lot the work of all the people involved put into this awesome mod :)
The Aura thing I requested is very secondary, atm I'm using the "prioritize buff" option, having both grow from the same anchor position, but putting buffs before debuffs. It's good enough for the moment and I can't really complain, works fine! :D And the thing you described is almost identically to what I asked, and sounds AWESOME ^^
Even the "aura frame icons spacing" is not a big deal either tbh.
Instead adding more options for Text sizes and fixing that small (but annoying, believe me! :P) "direction of growth" bug are probably more important things :)
- Registered User
Member for 12 years, 6 months, and 10 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 4 2013 21:32:23
- 0 Followers
- 47 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Oct 20, 2010Recently started to use SUF to replace AG_UF and so far liking this mod A LOT, I mean it :)Posted in: Unit Frames
Still a couple of random errors when I use it in conjunction with Clique, but overall it works fine, I have a couple of possibly lame questions:
1) Planning to include the 5-second rule thing for powerbars, or maybe it's already there and I didn't notice?
2) Is there a way to change Text size? Maybe I need to look better through the menus. So far the only way to change text size has been the "trick" of scaling the frame up/down until I reach the text size I'm looking for, and then fixing the frame size manually, keeping the scaled up/down text. Would be good if you could set each tag size individually, or each "side" of the bar individually. For example on health bar you have left side and right side, being able to at least set the size for those sides would be nice. The best would be an option for each tag though. For example let's suppose I'm in Target Frame, health bar, right side. Currently no tag. I add "Health (short)" and then select 100% size, then I add "health %" tag, and select 80% size. Would be an awesome feature!
3) The Aura menu need some fixing and some new menus. Currently you can anchor the buff frame in several ways, but you can't select the direction the buff frame will increase. It normally changes according to the anchor. For example if you place it Bottom left, it will grow from top to bottom, from left to right.
If you place it Top right it will grow from bottom to top, from right to left.
Sometimes though it gets "stucked", it happened to me that I moved say Right top, and when I moved it back to bottom left, it kept the same direction it had before. Takes a few moving around to "reset" it. Should add another menu to manually select the grow direction imho
4) Ever thought about giving user the possibility to set the "distance" between buffs? Talking about the free space between buffs on the same row, and between rows.
5) Ever planned to do something with the aura frame? I'm talking about putting Buffs and Debuffs in the same frame, but in a smart way. Trying to describe this, won't be easy since my english is very weak. Let's say we have a situation where we put the Aura frame bottom of the Target frame, and it covers the same width of it. It's a single frame, buffs grow top>bottom and left>right, while debuff grow right>left.
Totally you have space, in width, for 12 icons.
We set priority to Buffs and max size per row to 8. Let's see what happens now in various situations:
- We have 6 buffs and 2 debuffs - both get regularly displayed, there's free space at the center of the frame
- We have 10 buffs and 6 debuffs - first row displays 8 buffs and 4 debuffs, 2 get displayed on the row below, buff left, debuffs right.
- We have 2 buffs and 8 debuffs - first row displays 2 buffs AND 8 debuffs. Since there is free space, the frame smartly chooses to display debuffs in the same first row. Were buffs to increase, debuffs would move 1 row down accordingly.
Sounds like a good idea to me :) Would love something like that. Can't do anything similar when you have 2 compeltely separate frames, can only put "fixed" max sizes, no "smart adaptive" ones.
Jul 16, 2009Also, anybody knows a way to change the colors of the health bars? I only found the option "color health bar by class" which is fine, but since I have a mild form of colour-blindness I tend to have troubles telling some classes apart (mainly hunter and warrior, partially warlock and mage too), so I wanted to increase the colourcontrast of a few classes, or just completely change the colour.Posted in: Grid & Grid2
Any way of doing it?
Jul 15, 2009Big Question:Posted in: Grid & Grid2
I recently finally discovered the option "Show if mine", but that's not enough for my needs.
I need certain buff to show on grid no matter who cast them, but I also need to be able to tell which one is mine and which has been cast by another.
For example Earth Shield, I want to know which ES is mine and which ES is another guy's. I Can't find a way to do this... If I turn "Show if Mine" off then all ES will be showed, but I'll have no way to tell which one is mine.
If I turn it on I'll see only mine, and not the others.
Any suggestion on how to do achieve my goal?
May 17, 2009First of all, let me thank Gagorian and his new team for the wonderful work they have been doing over the last weeks. I wasn't hoping anymore for Dr. Damage to be still alive, and I was feeling kinda lost, it's one of the addons I've developed a pretty big addiction over the years ;)Posted in: General AddOns
Now a little question out of the blue. Will you guys think to include, within the calculation formulae, the modifications coming from special items such as relics? For instance I'm talking mainly about Totems, being a shaman that's the situation I know more.
There are Totems which modify the base amount of some healing spells. Since you can't directly add that number to your spell (the final number it's usually bigger than the one you read on the totem) I was wondering if you intend to include these things sometime in the future.
If I remember right the old Dr. Damage had formulae at least for the most common TBC totems.
Apr 21, 2009Posted in: General AddOnsQuote from ElsiaCan you be more specific? I.e. what numbers are different, if you go into detail view, what spells are missing, does it relate to pets, or to distance etc?
Just the DPS global value, there are times when it doesn't go down as it should. For example on multiple trash pulls, I do a lot of dps on the first, remain in-combat (of course) for the second as well, and my dps doesn't go down as it should, while it goes down on other similar (alas less detailed) addons like Skada.
This is just an example. The final values I get on the DPS field are not very far from the "truth" I Guess, but still not as exact as recount usually is, so I was wondering if I messed up with something post 3.1 ???
Apr 20, 2009Just a stupid question. Lately I've been seeing odd behaviours* for the DPS counting, especially comparing data with other addons like Skada.Posted in: General AddOns
I was wondering if this was due to a post 3.1 bug, or something I need to configure/Turnoff/turnon?
*by "odd behaviours" I just mean a precision lower from the one I'm used to expect from Recount
Oct 19, 2008Posted in: Unit FramesQuote from DandreI am confused about the range thing. What happens when you are out of range to cast the spell on the target -- be it harmful or helpful spells? In the old version, with the secondary addon, the frame faded out -- and when you were in range it solidified -- I don't notice this at all right now -- or am I missing something?
To have the range thing work you need to:
1) Activate the module
2) Go to the frame you want to "fade" and activate Rangecheck there
Default range is 40 yards, when u're more than 40 yards from the selected player in the selected frame, it will start to fade to trasparent.
I don't know why everyone is having all these issues, it's working perfectly for me. Only thing I can suggest is that I had AG_UF-Rangecheck_M addon (uninstalled now), and I manually configured its LUA to be set on 40 yards. Maybe the LUA remained in my folder even if I uninstalled RangeCheck_M, and maybe Aguf 3.0 Rangecheck is working for me BECAUSE I have that old LUA in my folder.
Dunno, just an idea I threw out, but I swear it's working for me.
Oct 19, 2008I Don't know why everyone is having the rangecheck issue, it works fine for me x_X (set on 40 yds distance default, being able to choose the distance would be good though, I guess)Posted in: Unit Frames
One little suggestion is about the displayed text on healthbars. You can choose left or right, but you cannot choose the order. Like for example it would be good to have health % AFTER the global XX/YY data, something like:
"<name> ... XX/YY (Z%)"
Oct 17, 2008Posted in: Unit FramesQuote from andreasgAbout the transparent square, it is the totem frame. I might make it completely transparent.
So this appears only on Shaman characters?
There is no way to turn it off?
Thanks for your answers about my other requests :)
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.