I'm still waiting for the button to hide quest tracker when i want to. Similar add-on had a button in quest log window and i can't find it in BEQL. There is just option to enable or disable the tracker. I don't want to disable the tracker when i go to BG or Arena but most of all i can't disable tracker during outdoor PvP. Therefor automatic hiding would be sweet also (if you enter PvP the tracker is hidden).
I would also be fond of the option where you select from what point the tracker will expand .. i would like it to expand from bottom-right.
If there are such features/options please point me in that direction.
p.s. i forgot about minimize/maximize feature .. but its not what I'm after
- Registered User
Member for 11 years, 2 months, and 6 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 4 2013 14:32:23
- 0 Followers
- 11 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Mar 27, 2008Posted in: General AddOnsQuote from fyrye »
Is there any plans to enable the ability to have multiple combat windows?
Seems there is only the default combat window, while in previous versions I was able to filter out My damage output in one window, and my incoming damage in another to be visible simultaneously.
According to this thread (post 8 ) it can be done by an addon .. make a module that will handle it PLEASE .. i would love to have 2 combat windows!
Feb 12, 2008Yeah .. i know that .. Its not what this addon is about .. i know people in friends list .. i just want to group chars that belong to one person. And i would like to be able to whisper to that person no matter what char he is logged on (this also goes for group invites).Posted in: Lua Code Discussion
I have a friend with 5 alts and i want to make him one little package (for instance).
If you are familiar with GuildWars system you know what im talking about.
But this also gives me an opportunity to learn (its the best i have thought of and it wasnt yet build) how to make AddOns .. alter Blizzards things..
Who knows .. i might get a brilliant idea sometime and i will be able to realize it.
I would really appreciate if you would tell me how to change Friends list and not the whole FriendsFrame Blizzard provided. I dont think copying that file and renaming it is the way .. or is it?
Feb 12, 2008Hey you people that make awesome AddOns.Posted in: Lua Code Discussion
I hope this is the forum for my AddOn making skills ..
I'm very fresh in AddOn making there for very bad at it. I started making few but didn't come. So i kinda abandoned the idea of me making AddOns. After patch 2.3 i "found" this great site and its AddOns which i'm using. So I'm Aced now and i would like to realize the idead i got while ago. I have posted it on AddOn Ideas forum but i didnt get much replay so i decidet to try to make it on my own.
What do i want:
I want Friend list enhanced. I started with tutorials .. WelcomeHome tutorial .. and now i have base idea whats going on but i cant find a tutorial that would cover altering existing (Blizzard) things .. by that i mean how to disable default and use my own (i know Blizzards things are not to be touched). I have checked tutorials about XML, changing UI but i'm not sure how i would do it.
When i wanted, back in the days before Ace, make this AddOn i hit the wall in the begining of making. I want to change only the Friends list but in Blizzards files that whole window is one file .. i dont know how to leave Ignore, Who, Guild, Chat and Raid alone and yet disable default Friends list. I used the default files and altered them with my names but all i got was memory leeks and errors.
In this topic i would like to see posts helping me code my first AddOn (from idea to realization) and making me an AddOn maker :). If this is not the place please point me in the right direction or move this topic to that place.
- I would like pointers that would show me the right way to make AddOns.
- I would like tutorials that would help me (talk about exactly that) in altering specific things.
- I would like to learn, in general, how to make Ace based AddOns.
Feb 9, 2008Good idea .. Some features wouldn't be available then (like group invite and whisper as originally intended) .. But that doesn't have anything to do with the base goal of the addon - sorting.Posted in: Addon Ideas
I would make it a choise/option.
Feb 9, 2008Well i refer to "ExampleName" or "ListName" because you cant get an account name. But you could look at it in that way ..Posted in: Addon Ideas
Thing is .. you cant (at least i dont know the way) read someones character list so you have to make your own .. With FList you would be able to sort the characters you know (you have listed).
I was thinking about "random groups". Random group would be people you PvPed, Raided or was doing Instance with. I know that in 2.4 patch player Notes will be added so this wouldnt be that important but its more sorted. The feature could be added that would alow group invite .. no need to invite individually (good for raid leaders). Notes wont sort the characters .. so far i know who i have on friends list ..
Feb 9, 2008I havent found any addon that would do something similar!Posted in: Addon Ideas
Why this AddOn:
- I hate to have 3 offline characters listed when all of them are of one player (alts)
- I hate Add and Remove Friend buttons so close together (accidental removal of a friend instead of adding one)
If you don't want to read the details just go to Summary!
- The name :) .. I would call this addon FList (like a friend list in Warcraft3 (/flist))
- Remove Friend button would be replaced with Add List (so you have Add Friend and Add List buttons at the bottom (not shown on the images))
- Changed display of friends in FList (the listing is explained on example of three friends in a Friends list)
"Example" and "Examplealt" is a same player i want to put in one "List". "Ex" is an idividual.
Such List contains a ListName (ExampleName) and characters listed in it.
Image shows players when edit mode is disabled ..
In FList there is a difference between Friend and List. Friend is an individual and a List is a group of characters.
When edit is disabled you can only see a List name and a character online .. you can't remove Friends or Lists .. you cant add alt to the List.
Image shows edit mode enabled ..
Image shows edit mode with expanded group ..
.. you get few buttons on the window. On the left there is a expand button which displays all characters in the group (since this is an edit mode that could even be automaticaly done). On the right you get some "+" and "-" ..
- "+" adds a character to the list (same way you add a friend in current Friends List);
- "-" on the right of ListName removes the group (confirmation window would pop-up);
- "-" on the right of the character removes the character (confirmation window would pop-up);
If all characters in the group are offline only ListName is displayed and "- Offline" would display next to it (not shown on the images).
The feature would be considered only if enough people would be interested in it!!
- When player would come online, the warning in chat window would display ListName instead of character name. When you would want to whisper a friend you could enter just the ListName (/w ExampleName) and the addon would select the online character from that group. Same goes for group inviting.
- Add guild name next to character name (i have seen this in some addons)
- Display last known information (level, area, class) when player is offline
I tryed to do this on my own but all i did was hudge memory leak and hundrets of buggs so what i would like is as much feadback on the idea and someone who would make such an AddOn.
- Sort friends characters into groups
- Handling groups and individuals in special edit mode
- Interacting with friends by ListName (if they are in List group)
- Add various information to characters when they are online or offline
- JaedxRapture: How about in place of the "ExampleName", the name of whichever character is logged on from the list is shown? (menu option)
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.