• 0

    posted a message on King Of The Jungle - Official Thread
    Quote from LordRhys »


    Were you having a problem with KOTJ? ParserLib-3.0 was written with ParserLib-1.0 included and designed to use ParselLib-1.0 when called for in an addon. I guess if beerke desires to change it he can test your code changes and implement them but it's not really required at this point.



    Yes, when I revert back to the version without my change I get this error. Although it looks like you're right about Parser-3.0 being backwards compatible, making the .toc change alone seems to be sufficient to fix the error.

    Date: 2007-06-30 05:46:38
    ID: 16
    Error occured in: Global
    Count: 1
    Message: ..\AddOns\KingOfTheJungle\KingOfTheJungle.lua line 9:
      attempt to index global 'ParserLib' (a nil value)
    Debug:
      [C]: ?
      KingOfTheJungle\KingOfTheJungle.lua:9: in main chunk
    AddOns:
     Clique
     FuBarExperienceFu, v1.1 $Revision: 40915 $
     FuBarFriendsFu, v2.4
     FuBarMoneyFu, v20000-1
     FuBarQuestsFu, v2.0
     FuBarToFu, v2.0
     FuBar, v33424
     Gatherer, v2.99.0.0561
     KingOfTheJungle
     AbacusLib
     Ace2
     BabbleClass22, v2.2.$Revision: 36189 $
     BabbleSpell22, v2.2.$Revision: 36189 $
     BabbleZone22, v2.2.$Revision: 36189 $
     Babble22, v2.2.$Revision: 40818 $
     CompostLib
     CrayonLib
     Deformat, v1.0 $Revision: 3817 $
     DewdropLib
     FuBarPlugin20, v2.0 $Revision: 36809 $
     GratuityLib, vr$Revision: 41183 $
     JostleLib
     PeriodicTable30, v3.0
     Quixote
     RosterLib, v2.1
     TabletLib
     TouristLib
     Swatter, v4.0.2
    Posted in: General AddOns
  • 0

    posted a message on King Of The Jungle - Official Thread
    It looks like ParserLib has been pulled from !!!StandaloneLibraries. As far as I can tell there's only one place in KOTJ using ParserLib. Here's what I used to switch it over to Parser-3.0:

    In KingOfTheJungle.lua
    Removed:
    local PL = ParserLib:GetInstance("1.1")


    Changed from:
    KingOfTheJungle = AceLibrary("AceAddon-2.0"):new("AceConsole-2.0", "AceDB-2.0","AceDebug-2.0", "AceEvent-2.0")

    To:
    KingOfTheJungle = AceLibrary("AceAddon-2.0"):new("AceConsole-2.0", "AceDB-2.0","AceDebug-2.0", "AceEvent-2.0", "Parser-3.0")


    And changed from:
    	PL:RegisterEvent("KOTJ", event, function(event, info) 							
    						if info.type == 'feedpet' and info.victim == ParserLib_SELF then	
    							KingOfTheJungle:Chat(string.format(L["%s loves %s, mjummie."],UnitName("pet"),info.item))
    						end
    					end)


    To:
    	self:RegisterParserEvent({eventType = "Feed Pet", recipientID = "player"},
    		function(info) 							
    			KingOfTheJungle:Chat(string.format(L["%s loves %s, mjummie."],UnitName("pet"),info.item))
    		end)


    And in KingOfTheJungle.toc changed the X-Embeds and OptionalDeps from ParserLib to Parser-3.0. And Libs\ParserLib-1.1\ParserLib.lua to Libs\Parser-3.0\Parser-3.0.lua. I only run with the standalone libs though so I'm not sure if I've got that last bit right.
    Posted in: General AddOns
  • 0

    posted a message on King Of The Jungle - Official Thread
    I was getting the error below when using KOTJ without the embedded libs.
    Message: ..\AddOns\KingOfTheJungle\KingOfTheJungle.lua line 8:
    attempt to index global 'ParserLib' (a nil value)


    Changing the line:
    ## OptionalDeps: Ace2, PeriodicTable-3.0, Babble-2.2, ParserLib-1.1

    to:
    ## OptionalDeps: Ace2, PeriodicTable-3.0, Babble-2.2, ParserLib

    in the KingOfTheJungle.toc file seemed to fix it up nicely.

    I still have lots of unknown ID items in the food list though but I figured that was just since I hadn't seen those items yet.
    Posted in: General AddOns
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.