- Registered User
Member for 11 years, 6 months, and 9 days
Last active Tue, Sep, 30 2008 14:06:02
- 0 Followers
- 7 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Dec 7, 2005I use guild event manager currently...though it is pretty unused at the moment...it is channel driven as well.Posted in: Addon Ideas
So there is no way to use an online database instead of a channel?
What if ace made ONE specific channel that ALL of it's mods would use? Setup conventions so mods would know when they are being talked to and when the stuff in the channel is something else...
I am at 8 channels already...and there are members in my guild who are full already.
Dec 6, 2005Well, the idea of channels just isn't cool to me...I have looked at the rpgOutfitters thing and it seems ok, but again, it's the idea of consolodating.Posted in: Addon Ideas
I understand the need to have things very modular, but the problem I have is all these modders out there all running in different directions...all using up channels...all uploading things to different sites...it's really sad, and it's really the reason so many of them aren't all they could be.
that is why I would up here on the ACE forums cuz you all at least seem to work together, and under a somewhat unified framework. I say somewhat only cuz my knowledge of what is actually going on is very limited.
Now, I still don't understand why instead of saying to save the info to C:/xxx/xxx/xxx.xxx You cant say save to http://123.456.7890/xx/xxxx/xxx.xxx
Dec 6, 2005Ok I have a question. I am currently laying out in Excel :P :roll: Duuuh... cuz im a moron :P What I would like to see as far as the panel structure...Laying this out will help me and hopefully help anyone who wants to develop this understand the idea better.Posted in: Addon Ideas
Question though :
A. Is it possible to read somehow all the professions and such each player has?
B. All of the patterns they know?
C. Is it possible to update this info each time they login somehow...or logout...
2. Is it possible to write all the info the mod collects to MySQL or something like that? Or would this be better run through a channel? I don't like using channels in mods because you only get a limited # of channels don't you?
3. Is it possible to have this done but the end of the week? ((Ok thats a joke :P))
Dec 6, 2005I guess my hangup is that I do not know exactly what can be done, but I will continue writing up a description for it.Posted in: Addon Ideas
I would acutally like to be a part of the development of this mod...but that being said, again...you wouldn't wanna let me near any of the actual code.
So I can see this being modular. There's no problem with that really, but essentially what I envision is having 1 minimap button that opens a guild hall console. Each of these mods could funtion as a tab on that console, so if you don't have one installed it just doesn't show up...
Anyway, my concern is not that it is all one thing...I can zip them all and host them easy enough, it is the setup thing...I think it should have the ability to FUNCTION as on complete MOD from the end users perspective...but for the more picky there could be a way to not include certain "modules"
Dec 6, 2005Ok, so I have seen a couple of guild type mods out there, but none from Ace that I know of. As a guild leader I have tried a lot of them, and I can say that most of them are decent, the problem is I want something that my guild members can Download, add to their plugins folder, and forget about it, because just getting 100+ people to DL it is enough of a challenge...but getting them all to set it up right is damn near impossible...Posted in: Addon Ideas
The best idea is not to just push something out and say oooh I made the first Ace Guild list Mod...or whatever...but to create a comprehensive package of addons all geared towards making guild management easier.
So what would this mod include?
1. An Event Manager. The GM should be able to allow certain people to create events. There should be the possibility of a point system for attendance, but that should be optional.
2. A guild vault. Again, the GM should be able to add the names of an Twink characters that he knows of, or approves of. The mod should then somehow save all inventory of these characters somehow, and display it with enhanced tooltips if possible. Again, allowing for a point system with this would be awesome, though I would prolly not use it, I think a lot of people would want this option.
3. Guild Info Screen. I think Blizz is adding this which will help a ton!
4. A DKP type point system. I am all for coming up with a new, or even better, a versitile DKP system. One which allows for Zero-Sum, Roll style, and traditional DkP systems...
5. Ladder : Not really a ladder so much as a list of resources the guild is currently banking, or that guild members currently need for training, so that people can look on a list for the Essence of Fire they just found and realize that the guild needs the essence more than they need the 15G. lol...hmmm...
Now, I am clueless. I used to program stuff in Lisp for Autocad, but i've had a look at LUA and it baffles me...I have no prior C knowledge. I know a little about Pascal from like 9 years ago...lol but not enough to be helpful at this stage. So this is pretty much a straight up request, and one that I think would take more than one person to do.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.