Back from my work trip and tried to check in my branch with the eqDKP support only to find my SVN access not working.
As soon as it's working, my branch will go in. The path will be http://svn.wowace.com/wowace/branches/DKPmonInit/dahn/DKPmonInit/
The PHP folder has the eqDKP file to export the data. It's a first pass script as it won't do any more sophisticated SQL queries to merge multiple databases (I'll work on it for the next revision after some testing/feedback).
- Registered User
Member for 11 years and 16 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 4 2013 14:32:23
- 0 Followers
- 44 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Nov 28, 2006Posted in: General AddOnsQuote from Solan »
Thanks for the bug fix, I'm starting to really love this thing. About the Yoursister question, I think I didn't explain it properly what I was asking about. What I want to do is be able to right click the "Winner" and have Yoursister always there as an option to choose from. What we do is on loot that is not bid on we award it to "yoursister" and remove the points from her, give them to the guild. So basically I want her to auto bid on every item.
Thanks for the help in advance. I can see this mod going places.
There's been an interesting discussion on the eqDKP site about the practice of awarding points for loot that is disenchanted or otherwise not used. My group doesn't award any points for loot that is not actually used.
Regardless of the merits of one practice over another, I do understand the request. I have a patch that allows the manual addition of a bidder from the command line (/dkpmon addbidder <item #> <name> <class>). I originally did this to allow guests and new team members having trouble getting Bidder running to still bid on drops. This code could be easily used to add a default looter to the bids (Disenchanted, YourSister, etc.). I'll include it in the branch I need to create for the eqDKP support.
Nov 28, 2006Posted in: General AddOnsQuote from Solan »However, I did find a nasty crash bug, a raid member went to /bid query, at the same time I hit open bidding on a new set of items.
I've noticed a few crashes as well. The bummer is that each crash wipes all the data since none of the variables have been saved for that session. I'll try to reproduce this using the above scenario. Not sure we can do anything other than hope to isolate a work around.
Nov 28, 2006Posted in: General AddOnsQuote from Eraslin »
Quote from hutchy »
Am I right in assuming I still have to add boss events manually to eqDKP then dump the CSV into the DB after every boss ?
Unfortunately, even though I'm the author I can't actually help you -- I know jack squat about eqDKP. Perhaps someone else who's played with DKPmon & eqDKP can? Dahn?
Use the eqDKP modded version of CT_RaidTracker. You can find it at http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/addons-1836-ct_raidtracker-enggerfreqdkp-modded.html. This will track all of your boss kills and the loot, providing a simple event string that you copy/paste into the eqDKP site.
So for the upload of data, I use that mod. For the download, I have a new script that updates DKPmonInit to import the data into DKPmon. I'm on a work trip this week but look for the PHP file and the DKPmonInit changes as soon as I can figure out how to create the branches.
Nov 22, 2006SVN checkin has been completed for the last rev up on googlepages. Initial wiki pages created for each. I'll work on adding screenshots and usage info for each.Posted in: General AddOns
I'll be creating a branch with the DKPmonInit changes for everyone's review. I'm going to put the PHP file for the export into a directory as well so that it will come down with DKPmonInit. Default setup will pull a single pool from the database. I'll try to set up some stubbed comments to show how to add a second pool if anyone uses multiple databases tables for different pools. This is actually how my raid team is set up so I know it does work.
My branched DKPmon will have the new command line additions I made for adding a bidder manually and for adding an item to the database manually.
Nov 20, 2006Couple more ideas and a few potential issues as well.Posted in: General AddOns
- several members have noticed a big drop in FPS. The only new mods were Bidder and a BigWigs update. Thought this may be related to the weird chat frame options bug since that would mean something in Bidder is constantly running and interfering with other menus. I'll report if I can find anything
- I'm using a mac client. Almost once a night with DKPmon and Bidder, I will actually have my WoW client crash during looting. This generally only happens once in the night but it's very troublesome since all the in game data to that point is lost. I can't say it's bidder but I've not seen any other crashes at other times other than boss loot with those windows open. Would love to hear if anyone else is having similar issues.
- Would love the loot window to look similar to the XLoot frame or even the normal loot window. Would also help make the Bidder window more compact. This will be my focus after I get the eqDKP stuff working reliably.
- I've added a couple of useful slash commands (adding a bidder manually who doesn't have the Bidder mod) and also adding an item to the DB (in case you miss or misspell an item in the custom file). A UI for these types of things would be useful. Going to add it as a button and/or a FuBar module.
- I'm adding modules to DKPmonInit to allow import of different formats. CSV will be the default and included module. eqDKP will be another. That way if anyone needs to add another import/export, they'll be able to do so cleanly.
Nov 14, 2006Import I have not yet implemented. I'm still using the XML dump from the eqDKP modded CT_RaidTracker. I'd love to get rid of it but there's just not a viable alternative at the moment. Your event logging is close but not quite matched to what eqDKP expects and I'm not ready to tackle that problem just yet given other projects :)Posted in: General AddOns
Since I don't have any particular location to host the eqDKP script, gimme a couple days to figure out where to put it.
I'll send you patches for DKPmonInit once I get the native data import working. The CSV dump works but a bit slower than I'd like since the web server can dump in any format. Once I test and validate the DKPmon changes, I'll forward those as well.
Any desire to check all three mods into SVN on wowace?
Nov 13, 2006Mainly because I set up key arrangements differently based upon stance and specific fights. So sunder in one stance bar is not in the same place for a second stance as I may not use it as much. Sunder may be a bad example (HS or Thunderclap are probably better) but you hopefully get the point. I organize buttons based upon frequency of use on a per stance basis.Posted in: General AddOns
The new macro mechanism is nice but I've not been particularly pleased with the visuals of doing it this way since the cooldowns and icons are used only for the first spell in the macro. There are some interesting macro ideas but then the same issue applies; personally I'd want that ID used only once regardless of where or how many places I put the macro in my UI.
Nov 13, 2006Posted in: General AddOnsQuote from andreasg »
Here's an example.
The user already got one bar with 10 buttons, which means he's using IDs 1-10. The user then presses "Create new bar", and adjusts the number of buttons for Bar2 to 5 using the dewdrop menu. He's now using IDs 1-15. He now sets Bar2 to change page on stance. He's playing a character with 3 stances, so the system will now assign 3 IDs per button on Bar2, which means he's now using button IDs 1-25. He now sets Bar1 to change page on modifier key shift down. He's now using IDs 1-35. If he decides to delete Bar1, he will now free up IDs 1-10 and 26-35.
This is the approach pubcrawl and discord action bars uses.
I feel it is better to share Button ID's when it is the same action instead of assigning them uniquely and replicating the spell. If I understood your description correctly, my warrior wanting to use Sunder Armor in a stance bar and in each of 3 stances would consume 3 ID's for the same skill. Instead, ID's should be mapped into the 120 ID's Blizzard provides and then Button Frames simply share the ID needed. This is the approach FlexBar (and now FB2) took. It makes for a challenging configuration scheme but is something I've wanted in various Bar mods. Something like a Spell Book metaphor but with the book representing the 120 available slots would be ideal.
The other challenge I've faced is having instances of playing on different computers. As a result of this, I set up my buttons with the default UI and then use FlexBar on my home machine to manipulate buttons into a layout and logic I desire.
Nov 13, 2006Have automated imports working with a time stamp provided from the eqDKP database. Added AceDB and AceDebug to DKPmonInit as the long dump for each imported row delays game login a fair bit. Added a command option to turn this autoimport on/off.Posted in: General AddOns
Couple of additional thoughts for your consideration:
1. Since the eqDKP database is generating the CSV format, it could just as easily (or more easily), generate a direct LUA array of records. This would save a lot of string searches and eliminate hopefully a fair bit of startup/import delay. In effect it would be an alternate format for import. This could be done in DKPmonInit as a module or removed to another mod altogether (whichever you prefer). I'm going to update my local version for this.
2. After three raids, we're still trying to get members to get Bidder installed and working. To facilitate guests or misconfigured mods, I'm adding a manual bid entry via a slash command to DKPmon. This would allow "manual bidding". This should be pretty easy to implement.
3. SImilarly, I've found a few items didn't get imported via ItemValues.lua, generally due to forgetting them or a non-matching string. I'm adding a slash command to add a new value to the database using an item name (will probably support string or item link) and a value. Added items will be saved in the DKPmonDB. Not sure if I will re-insert saved items into the main array or if I will simply search the second array as items drop. It may be useful to create an time-stamped import of items just as I'm importing the point values. Then I can just have the latest values be dumped from the eqDKP database.
The group is liking the system quite a bit. There is some mild frustration with the Lib conflicts but they will get everything updated soon enough. It is a nice speed up of our looting process too. Let me know if you want any of the changes I've proposed or the auto-import addition to DKPmonInit.
Nov 11, 2006so with that fix, i have validated that the eqDKP export works for one database just fine. I modded my php export further since we use 2 diff databases for MC/Ony vs. BWL/AQ40.Posted in: General AddOns
I'll work on the special character bug next (#1). I think it is just in your CSV export routine.
Also I'm going to try an integrated pool update rather than the separate DKPmonInit. My idea is to export a new database periodically with a timestamp/ID. DKPmon, on startup, would check for a newer time stamp and if new, reset the database with the new data. This would be transparent to anyone using only local data but would also let those using eqDKP maintain the master in eqDKP and save a step on imports. I'll let you know once it's working and see if you want the patch.
Nov 11, 2006The iterator is going one character too far. By matching against the first and last ':' in the message response, the iterator is now on the first digit of pool, not the leading ':'. Delete the leading ':' in the pattern.Posted in: General AddOns
Bidder/Comm/comm.lua, line 146
146c146 < for amount in string.gfind(msg, ":([-]?[%d]*%.?[%d]+):") do --- > for amount in string.gfind(msg, "([-]?[%d]*%.?[%d]+):") do
works fine after that :)
Nov 11, 2006Actually issue 3 has a valid database. the issue, after adding some debug code is that the string.gfind to populate mypoints on the query return is not picking up the second pool. That leaves the correct pool entry as nil which throws the error. The item has the right pool and cost. The player has a nil pool value.Posted in: General AddOns
Working on the gfind fix (Bidder:CommRecvPoints(), line 147).
Message received: ":486.48:79.2:"
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.