I want to show only combat relevant buffs/debuffs next to the unit frame. The first step I plan is to only show buffs with a max duration shorter than four minutes and no hots next to the unit frame, so I would like to be able to filter by name and duration.
Later I plan to consolidate target debuffs according to the new debuff categories introduced with the next patch (for example only show a generic +30% bleed damage debuff on the target instead of trauma or mangle, or only one "minor armor decrease" debuff instead curse of recklessness or faerie fire).
Since most addons lack the filtering I would need for those changes, I try to do it myself with ouf.
- Registered User
Member for 11 years, 8 months, and 2 days
Last active Tue, Sep, 30 2008 14:06:02
- 0 Followers
- 8 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Sep 27, 2008I am trying to override buff filtering by implementing PostUpdateAuraIcon(icons, unit, icon, index, offset, filter, isDebuff).Posted in: Unit Frames
The problem is I get an error message which says that I am using UnitBuff wrong:
local function PostUpdateAuraIcon(icons, unit, icon, index, offset, filter, isDebuff) if(isDebuff) then name, rank, texture, count, dtype, duration, timeLeft = UnitDebuff(unit, index, filter) else name, rank, texture, count, duration, timeLeft = UnitBuff(unit, index, filter) end
The error message is "Usage: UnitBuff("unit", index [,raidFilter])" which occurs in the UnitBuff line.
Sep 26, 2008Posted in: Unit Frames
I already found these sites following the link in Aura.lua. I just don't know how pass the information provided by these commands to buff.filter which expects a boolean.
Sep 26, 2008I have a question regarding buff/debuff filtering.Posted in: Unit Frames
Is it possible to not show certain buffs depending on criterias like duration or name?
As far as I understand, buff.filter = true is only a switch between displaying class buffs or all buffs, correct?
Apr 20, 2008Posted in: Grid & Grid2
Yes I deleted the Grid saved variables. The problem still persists.Quote from Phanx »
This is not a bug in Grid; it sounds like your settings are not being correctly saved. Have you tried deleting your Grid saved variables and reconfiguring it? Also, make sure you're using the correct anchor settings. To control the placement of the entire frame, use the "Layout Anchor" setting. To control how groups are placed relative to each other inside the frame, use the "Group Anchor" setting.
My guess is that the coordinates are changed after load so that the whole frame fits onto the screen but that it assumes that the frame needs more space than it acutally does.
Apr 19, 2008Posted in: Grid & Grid2
I have the same problem with my Grid frame. Is this acknowledged as a bug or is there an option to correct this behavior?Quote from Vrul »
Ever since 2.4 came out Grid is not staying where I place it. I can unlock and move it back and relock it, but once I reload the UI or the game it moves again.
I have the layout anchored to TOPLEFT and that causes it to always shift up the same amount. When I set it to BOTTOM it would shift left instead but by the same amount.
Apr 17, 2008Posted in: General AddOns
Does that mean that ZOMG will honor buff assignments from PP and that it won't override them? I ask because I had a similiar experience to Daelic, where ZOMG changed the assigned blessings without hitting broadcast or generate. However this happened on Monday and I was reluctant to open the blessing manager again after that.Quote from Zeksie »
After re-checking this, there was a hole in the comms from PP to ZOMG. This is now fixed. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
What I did:
1. Generate and broadcast a specific assignment at the beginning of the raid.
2. A paladin used PP to set up another assignment.
3. Whenever I closed the template editor with "Finish" to see the assignment window, it briefly showed another buff assignment (possibly the one the paladin made with PP) which quickly changes to another assignment (I assume one generated by ZOMG)
I will take a look again to see if the blessing manager still behaves aggressive. If you don't hear from me again, it did and the paladins killed me for messing up there blessings ;)
At the moment all I would like to do is test the automatic blessing assignments and the interface itself without risking a broadcast just by opening the manager (I usually have assistent or lead for marking, ready checks and so on)
And one more thing: Is it possible to exclude learnable buffs from group assignments?
Basically I put Thorns on learnable and buff all tanks. The problem is that missing thorns are only detected for groups that are assigned to me, but with tree druids buffing GotW I don't want to assign myself to any group.
I still had a case yesterday (version 70071) where I was told by the tracker to buff a group with GotW that was already buffed (the group was mostly buffed with MotW and at least one buff was done directly without the tracker). I will keep an eye on it to provide a reproduceable pattern for it.
Apr 15, 2008I currently have three issues with ZomgBuffs:Posted in: General AddOns
1) If a new paladin is added to the raid and the buff assignment is regenerated, it is possible that an "older" paladin gets a completly new set of blessings.
I understand that the constraints (ImpBoW/ImpBoM, same blessings to same paladin...) will give some of the assigned blessing of one paladin to another, but it shouldn't change the "row" for an old paladin.
Example: There are two paladins 1 and 2 in the raid that cover the two highest priority buffs. paladin 1 has blessing assignment a and paladin 2 has blessing assignment b. Now paladin 3 enters the raid. Buff assignments a', b' and c are generated. a' and b' are somewhat similiar to a and b, while c covers mostly new third priority buffs. Now c should always be given to paladin 3 and the assignments for paladin 1 and 2 remains as close to their originals as possible.
2) The buff tracking doesn't always work. For example even if there are unbuffed raid members which are in groups that I assigned myself to, they will no be buffed. This even happens with the whole raid in range and out of combat. The buff icon also doesn't indicate any activity that would prevent tracking (drinking, shapeshifted...). If I hover over the icon it will eventually get updated and tells me to buff.
I am sorry if this is vague, but I haven't found a pattern yet.
3) Similiar to 2), if someone with a missing buff is tracked but buffed by someone else, the tracker isn't updated and still reminds me to buff.
And two more questions:
1) I am not a paladin but want to do the blessing assignments for them. If a raid member whispers me with "!buff -bok +bom" will it be propagated to the appropriate paladin or not?
2) As a feral druid I would switch myself between tank and melee dps in the blessings manager. Can this have a severe impact on the paladin buff assignments? Worst case would be that all paladin get a completly new blessing assignments because might and salv are moved around. Best case would be that light->salv is changed for a specific paladin.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.