- Registered User
Member for 14 years and 2 months
Last active Tue, Sep, 30 2008 22:06:02
- 0 Followers
- 3 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Jan 30, 2008_ForgeUser1190757 posted a message on AGuf and possibly Pitbull issue with 2.3.2 and aura filtering?You may want to edit the file and customize what buffs are shown for each class.Posted in: Unit Frames
Jan 25, 2008_ForgeUser1190757 posted a message on AGuf and possibly Pitbull issue with 2.3.2 and aura filtering?Posted in: Unit FramesQuote from Mist »
Such a list was made by ckknight for Pitbull, look into the aura module, so you can probably take it from there. Though I don't know about license, I see Pitbull is under GPL and no explicit license for agUF, and I've no clue how this works.
Ok, I got the list complete, and it seems to be working just fine. I only did Buffs, since debuffs don't seem to be affected by whatever change blizzard made.
As for a custom list, I really don't know how to implement that since I have no knowledge of the WoW API. I know it's possible, I just don't know how to go about adding a config option, creating an editable list window, saving the list in the configuration database etc.
Jan 22, 2008_ForgeUser1190757 posted a message on AGuf and possibly Pitbull issue with 2.3.2 and aura filtering?Posted in: Unit FramesQuote from Eso »
This filters auras properly but, like said, mousing over the aura might report another aura. If anyone can figure out why the GameTooltip:SetUnitBuff portion is still bugged, and can fix it, please post the fix. I'm not well versed in AG_UF's code, but enough to fix the filtering sort of. =)
The suggestion that Mist posted dealing with the onAuraEnter function is correct if the buffs were being retrieved with filtering off in the first place. The buffs were also being recorded with the incorrect buffid (this is important, as it is this ID that GameTooltip:SetUnitBuff uses to choose the correct tooltip). I also changed it to check whether the unitframe was toggled for filter buffs or not.
function aUF.classes.aUFunit.prototype:ScanAuras() local buffid, id, unit = 1, 1, self.unit local c, name, rank, texture, debufftype, count, logdb, timeLeft, duration local filter = self.database.AuraFilter local dbcount, bcount local realBuffCount = 1; -- record buffs into a temporary area -- no special cases needed, just store the data name, rank, texture, count, duration, timeLeft = UnitBuff(unit, buffid, 0) while (name) do if filter==0 or filterBuffs[name] then -- record buffs c = aUF.cache.buffs[realBuffCount] c.id, c.name, c.texture, c.count, c.duration, c.timeLeft = buffid, name, texture, count, duration, timeLeft realBuffCount = realBuffCount + 1; end buffid = buffid + 1 name, rank, texture, count, duration, timeLeft = UnitBuff(unit, buffid, 0) end bcount = realBuffCount - 1
This is well on it's way to being a full solution. The buffs whitelist just needs to be changed into a two dimensional dictionary, like filterBuffs[playerclass][buffname]. That way it will work for every class no problem. Unfortunately I'm too lazy to populate a list of every buff for every class, so I'll leave that to someone else. :P
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.