• 0

    posted a message on AGuf and possibly Pitbull issue with 2.3.2 and aura filtering?
    You may want to edit the file and customize what buffs are shown for each class.
    Posted in: Unit Frames
  • 0

    posted a message on AGuf and possibly Pitbull issue with 2.3.2 and aura filtering?
    Quote from Mist »

    Such a list was made by ckknight for Pitbull, look into the aura module, so you can probably take it from there. Though I don't know about license, I see Pitbull is under GPL and no explicit license for agUF, and I've no clue how this works.


    Ok, I got the list complete, and it seems to be working just fine. I only did Buffs, since debuffs don't seem to be affected by whatever change blizzard made.

    As for a custom list, I really don't know how to implement that since I have no knowledge of the WoW API. I know it's possible, I just don't know how to go about adding a config option, creating an editable list window, saving the list in the configuration database etc.
    Posted in: Unit Frames
  • 0

    posted a message on AGuf and possibly Pitbull issue with 2.3.2 and aura filtering?
    Quote from Eso »

    This filters auras properly but, like said, mousing over the aura might report another aura. If anyone can figure out why the GameTooltip:SetUnitBuff portion is still bugged, and can fix it, please post the fix. I'm not well versed in AG_UF's code, but enough to fix the filtering sort of. =)


    The suggestion that Mist posted dealing with the onAuraEnter function is correct if the buffs were being retrieved with filtering off in the first place. The buffs were also being recorded with the incorrect buffid (this is important, as it is this ID that GameTooltip:SetUnitBuff uses to choose the correct tooltip). I also changed it to check whether the unitframe was toggled for filter buffs or not.

    function aUF.classes.aUFunit.prototype:ScanAuras()
        local buffid, id, unit = 1, 1, self.unit
        local c, name, rank, texture, debufftype, count, logdb, timeLeft, duration
        local filter = self.database.AuraFilter
        local dbcount, bcount
    
        local realBuffCount = 1;
    
        -- record buffs into a temporary area
        -- no special cases needed, just store the data
        name, rank, texture, count, duration, timeLeft = UnitBuff(unit, buffid, 0)
        while (name) do
            if filter==0 or filterBuffs[name] then
                -- record buffs
                c = aUF.cache.buffs[realBuffCount]
                c.id, c.name, c.texture, c.count, c.duration, c.timeLeft = buffid, name, texture, count, duration, timeLeft
                realBuffCount = realBuffCount + 1;
            end
                buffid = buffid + 1
                name, rank, texture, count, duration, timeLeft = UnitBuff(unit, buffid, 0)
        end
    
        bcount = realBuffCount - 1


    This is well on it's way to being a full solution. The buffs whitelist just needs to be changed into a two dimensional dictionary, like filterBuffs[playerclass][buffname]. That way it will work for every class no problem. Unfortunately I'm too lazy to populate a list of every buff for every class, so I'll leave that to someone else. :P
    Posted in: Unit Frames
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.