Wow, I get some sleep and when I come back it's perfect. ^_^
I have a couple hours to test before work, time to have some fun with it.
- Registered User
Member for 12 years
Last active Tue, Sep, 30 2008 14:06:02
- 0 Followers
- 88 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Mar 16, 2008Tested, me likey.Posted in: General AddOns
Needs an option to scale icons separately from text. I got it to fit pretty much perfectly in my UI, but I could see problems with the big-icon-small-text thing and downscaling.
It'd be nice to be able to set the spacing between icons and where the cooldown remaining text appears, as well.
Setting which direction the icons go seems to do nothing at the moment. I can only get mine to grow to the right.
So far so good, Dodge.
Edit: Cycircled support would be uber.
Mar 15, 2008Depends on how you define templates. Do you mean within mHud itself (working with the options available to adjust away from the defaults), or example skins, or something completely different than what I'm thinking?Posted in: General AddOns
If you mean example files: What you've got now is good, and from what I've looked at in the skin files, it's easy enough to write up a custom skin module. 'Nuff said, if someone needs to figure out how to pull off something obscure they can just ask here.
In terms of the config process in mHud itself: The current design could use some love. Having different 'profiles' for each trait (alpha and color come to mind, and I'll be calling them profiles from here on to avoid trying to come up with a different term) sounds great at first, but if you want something specifically altered (IE: I don't need to see the hud if I'm OOC and at full hp/mana, but if I'm regenning I want the alpha of the hud to be around 0.3 so I can see where I'm at. If I'm targeting something, regardless of regen, I want it around 60%) it's just not possible.
I'd propose keeping with the profiling, but expand on it. Give us a way to edit the specifics in an attribute, and make it global so we can reuse it without hand-editing everything else.
Good example would be with alpha settings. Most of them do little to nothing different than one another. We've got the change-by-amount option, which is great. We've got a few static values as well, but they're all hardcoded, which is a giant roadblock in an addon with so many config options.
What I'm thinking is another menu to let us adjust the settings of those profiles. This would allow a custom profile to be created and selected for each bar, eliminating much of the work present in some other addons.
For color profiles, easy. Is the color profile a gradient? If yes, set a start and end color. If not, set a static color.
For alpha profiles, same thing. Is the alpha a gradient? If yes, set a start and end alpha. If not, set a static alpha.
It's a segmented approach, and allows for much more customization while still making it easy to set up new bars.
Aside from that (huge) request, I'd like to see debuff coloring for the bars. Seems to me than most/all of the hud addons are missing that little feature. Throw it in a module and select a color profile for each type of debuff, with 'Same as Normal' available for ignoring incurable or less-cared-for types, and I'll be happy. ^_^
Edit: Redundancy is redundant.
Mar 15, 2008I like the sound of it.Posted in: General AddOns
I'll give it a whirl tonight in Kara. Couple preemptive requests beforehand though.
* One thing I've been waiting to see in a cooldown addon has been cooldown grouping. Like how Elk's Buffbars works, being able to throw specific cooldowns into a standalone group would be amazing. Ex: Grouping Innervate, pots/nightmare seeds/trinkets (Bangle of Endless Blessings + LC Prayerbook, both mana efficiency trinkets) together in their own button group, while other cooldowns are kept separate. Edit: I didn't read the unofficial thread all the way through... Setting static skill cooldown buttons does exactly this.
* Similarly, having a group of soon-to-expire cooldowns (IE: Abilities coming up within the next X seconds) would be uber. By having something like this I could lay out my cooldowns somewhere I don't normally look, but have the stuff coming up soon sent to the center of the screen.
If you're willing to code in something along those lines, awesome. If not, I think I have a new project coming up. ^_^
Mar 14, 2008statusbar.zipPosted in: General AddOns
* Middlebar.blp - The center bar.
* RB1.blp - Right bar, assuming unmirrored. Note that due to the design of the bar, it is very hard to judge rage and low mana.
* LB1.blp - Left bar. Simple arc fitting the center.
I made them to be easy to config. Just use the same X/Y coords for all 3 and they'll look like my screenies earlier. Still not happy with the middle bar, but they look alright.
Falloff looks much better now. No issues with it, thankies Merl.
Is there any chance we can get those static values for alpha? Or, failing that, how would I go about creating a custom alpha profile?
Oh. Random bug I found the other day, not sure if it's been fixed. When adding a new bar and adjusting what it represents, the original bars in the profile are reset.
So, if I use the dArc config and proceed to move the bars around, then decide I want a focus health bar, the original health and mana bars go back to their previous positions. This can be reproduced with each new bar added. Just add a new bar, set the bar target to something else, and there go the settings.
Not too hard to work around though, it's easy to make all the bars I need first and then start moving things around. ^_^
Edit: Note on the textures, you'll either have to register them in SharedMedia/MyMedia, or register them in mHud to get them working. Then, manually enter the texture path in mHud. Sidestepping the inevitable "How do I use?" questions until I get a skin worked up.
Mar 13, 2008Looks great. I might just be switching completely from MetaHud after all. ^_^Posted in: General AddOns
What does the "Number of elements" setting do? I can't see any difference when it's changed.
* Bug: Not sure on the specifics yet, but see the attached screenshots. I'm seeing some big vertical falloff, easily reproduced by popping Bloodrage. It doesn't happen all the time... Probably related to Anger Management ticks happening at the same time as Bloodrage gains. I'll test on my Druid after seeing how it runs in a few BGs.
* Request: Some extra falloff direction settings would be perfect, especially an option to have it follow bar mirroring. It's a little awkward to have the falloff all going in the same direction with mirrored bars - I'd like mine to go in towards the center for healing/gain, and away from the center for damage/loss.
Awesome stuff so far, Merl.
EDIT: Forgot attachments. Oops.
Also, bar texture's a work in progress. I'll post the images when I'm happy with it.
EDIT2: The big falloff issue is happening quite a lot more often than bloodrages. Not a huge deal, just a touch distracting when it happens.
Mar 12, 2008Any ETA on when we'll see the Falloff module again? I rather liked it.Posted in: General AddOns
EDIT: Please, could we get some alpha settings that make sense? Straight % values for in combat, out of combat, OOC regen, and OOC w/target would be perfect.
Mar 2, 2008Dogtag-related issue.Posted in: AddOn HELP!
Up until a few days ago I was seeing talent trees for anyone I moused over, provided they were in range for the API call. Lately though, it seems like talent info is a little patchy.
For example, I'll mouseover a few people in AB and get specs for 2-3 of them, but no more than that. Same with hostile players. If I manually inspect a friendly the info shows correctly.
Might just be a cross-server issue. I've been doing too much solo pvp lately, haven't thought to check around in Shat. Either way, I'd really like to be able to see the specs of who I'm fighting.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.