Wow, I had no idea...that's very interesting. If time til capture isn't workable, how about just a numerical designation of where the tick currently is on the bar? Or even just a ruler graphic placed on or above or below the bar? I think all that's really necessary is just some way to more easily see where the indicator is.
Anyways, that would explain why no one has made a mod to track that sort of thing. ^-^;
Hopefully bullets 2 and 3 are easier to do...4 I've sort of already determined will be hard. I posted that request before I'd seriously began paying attention to how Halaa reports to the World Defense channel. I think indicating who controls it, and when the last defender was killed is possible, but telling us how many defenders are left seems impossible.
- Registered User
Member for 11 years, 4 months, and 21 days
Last active Thu, Dec, 28 2017 06:35:58
- 0 Followers
- 9 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Sep 7, 2007Posted in: Addon IdeasQuote from Funkydude »
You should prod the author of Capping, thats an excellent bg addon.
Hehe, he said he had no interest in it because he doesn't do World PvP. ^-^; Well, this idea is up for grabs, please just let me know if any of you do create it, so I can grab it up and use it. XD
Sep 4, 2007Hello, I've been referred to you from the AddOn Ideas and Requests forum, regarding my post here:Posted in: General AddOns
In essence, in discussing world PvP with a friend, I came to the realization that there are no World PvP addons, and so added my ideas on what such an addon should be like to the AddOn Ideas and Requests forum. Funkydude was rather enamored with your addon Capping, and said I should talk to you. If it's ok, could you have a look at my ideas?
Sep 4, 2007Hi guys!Posted in: Addon Ideas
So a friend of mine asked me if I knew of any good world PvP objective addons, and I commented that "oh I'm sure one of the dozens of battleground mods have that built in." Turns out a quick search on Curse yielded none, zilch, zero. I was shocked!
There's an entire niche of PvP addons not yet developed!
So here's what we're looking for:
- The addon should make life easier in Hellfire Peninsula and onward (I'll use Hellfire for my examples). The sliders you see when you're sitting next to the Overlook or Broken Hill will display a number below. Let's say the center of the bar is 0. If the bar is three ticks to the Horde side, we have an orange/red number 3 to indicate that. If it's 3 ticks to the Alliance's side, we do the same but in blue.
- The addon should listen to the World Defense channel, and show the status of each Outlands PvP objective. So if I'm in Shadowmoon Valley, I can quickly glance up at the addon and note that the Stadium was taken over by the Horde 5m ago, and is still theirs.
- The addon should tell you how many PvP tokens you have. 15 Marks of Honor in your bags for Honor Hold? It tells you that. ^-^ (Spirit Shards would also go here)
- Halaa: lets you know who actually owns it (tied in with our second bullet point) and also how many defenders are left. It should also indicate how long it's been since a defender has been added or killed.
Anyone able to whip one of these up? Maybe with some OptionHouse integration? ^-^
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.