Before I start naming the results I must talk about one thing. I am stripping out the âUI must be made during the course of the competitionâ rule. Now before ye all get angry at me because this might have been what was stopping you entering, I have to admit that it was a stupid rule. Good UI's take months or even years if you look at certain UI's to bring them to a standard which is eviable by many. TukUI, Caith UI, Roth UI, etc.... these UI's did not spring up overnight and for good reason. Blood, sweat and tears have been pumped into these UI's and they are awesome because of this.
Please note that this is only the first UI Competition which I am hosting. There hopefully will be many more in the future so you will get your chance if you missed out here.
Sorry for all the nips, tucks and changes guys... now that I have this all under my belt I can use the experience to make it better next time :D
Now that I have explained myself, on with the results!
Best Overall UI
- Ferous of Hydraxis US
- Solo: http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7018/wowscrnshot042410050449.jpg
- Party: http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/4331/wowscrnshot042410053929.jpg
- Raid: http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7016/wowscrnshot042010232249.jpg
- Download: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info11613-SvelteUI.html Clean, stylish and shows everything you need. Class coloured bars give the UI a nice touch and the layout is well thought out. Grid is centred for healing but small enough so that it doesn't look out of place on a dps character. Personally I don't like the pixel font used in the Unitframes as when it is big like that it loses the effect compared to when it is small but this is only a minor issue.
- Shaethas of Trollbane EU
- Album: http://img682.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=iliveuserinterface1.png I'm not sure why but iLive UI is a UI that plays with my emotions. I don't love it, but neither do I hate it... There is nothing flashy or standout about the UI but it is well put together and for that it gains my respect. The only ususal thing about this UI is the fact that it could only work well on a 1920x1080 resolution and the button layout, which is grouped with similar/complementing abilities beside each other. Everything is clear to see and it is what all raiders should strive for in a UI as nothing is cluttered, your FoV is excellent and the layout is fairly centralised.
- Atarah of Malygos EU
- Solo: http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9284/soloi.jpg
- All shown: http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/1192/showall.jpg
- Raid: http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8011/raidn.jpg It only seems right that this UI should win the Artistic Category. With the fall of the Lich King and the impending rise of Deathwing and Ragnoros, this UI is going to become a rare breed once we head back to warmer regions. The art is clever, the icicles are spread throughout the UI, hanging off buffs and the mana bar but it is the frosted edges that attract attention. A while back there was an uprising of blackened edgings on Minimalistic UI's so it is nice to see that it also had an influence here. The buttons are customised to have the nice blue color and the UI is centred around Grid which fuses the UI together. The Unitframes are trying to be unique but I feel they are too large at the moment.
- Kamï¿½* of Xavius EU
- solo: http://koti.mbnet.fi/nniklas/uic1.jpg http://koti.mbnet.fi/nniklas/uic2.jpg
- raid: http://koti.mbnet.fi/nniklas/uic3.jpg Pixel perfect in every aspect. Minimalistic UI's are very hard to get right and this UI does it in style. The fonts are the right size, anything that needs to be seen clearly has been put in a nice sans-serif font. Focusing on the fonts, an uncapitalised font has been chosen. Personally I wouldn't like that but it does make things like the chat frame look very clean and it has been kept throughout the UI so it wasn't any half-assed attempt.
There are only 6 actionbuttons shown but important cooldowns show above these so no space is wasted with static keybound buttons or cooldown bars. Important information is the only thing shown and it is presented well.
- Munglunch of Skullcrusher US
- (*combat* showing my â!â aggro indicator): http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6008/wowscrnshot041910093613.jpg A comic UI! Awesome! We really did feel like this was the best choice for the original UI as it is was so different to what we saw throughout this competition. âMeanwhile ... in Silverwing Holdâ on the Minimap was a stroke of genius. Considering the popularity of comics at the moment due to movies like Kick Ass and Iron Man 2, this UI is well timed. Even if this UI lacked the comic theme, it would still be a good UI as the layout is very well done and everything fits well together.
It is a pity that the other two screenshots died of âuse of forum tags in a comment sectionâ but in any case the UI is well enough displayed here to warrent the prize.
- Davelukewski of Eonar EU
- solo: http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj86/moor2/WoW/WoWScrnShot_040510_140717.jpg
- raid: http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj86/moor2/WoW/WoWScrnShot_040410_003104.jpg It speaks for itself. Yeah..... Well congratz. I might send you the amazing prize of an 1 Imbued Netherweave Cloth! Or even more amazing, 1 Heavy Knothide Leather!
- Best Overall UI - Fishing Chair, Centre of attention
- Best Generic UI â Centre of Attention, Path of Illidan
- Best Artistic UI â Centre of Attention, Path of Illidan
- Best Minimalistic UI â Centre of Attention, Disco Ball
- Most Original UI â Fishing Chair, Disco Ball
- Honorable Mention â Strangest/Most unusual UI.
I will be emailing the winners with the codes soon after this is posted so check your mail!