- Registered User
Member for 11 years, 6 months, and 8 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 4 2013 14:32:22
- 0 Followers
- 121 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Mar 12, 2009Phanx, a minor thing, but it's driving me bonkers because I can't remember how I did it - how did you move the keybind text to the top right? I remember I did it somehow in IB, but I can't remember if I was ever able to do it in Macaroon.Posted in: General Chat
Mar 9, 2009Posted in: General Chat
then, today, changed some more, kicked out forte stuff and made actionbars a bit bigger so omnicc works again on them... and added sfilter/stotemtimers.
I like this one a lot. I'll be the first to admit that I need to see really really big numbers/UFs since I sometimes raid without my glasses and need to be able to see, but this one has given me some inspiration and making me want to go back to oUF. (Had to switch back to Pitbull for aggro coloring - haven't had time to look at how to make oUF do what I need it to do.) Darn you Lyn for coming out with such neat stuff!
And I really like the pvp flag next to the portrait. :) How'd you do that one?
Jan 9, 2009Posted in: General ChatQuote from ObbleTempim now actually working on something new and exciting (lyn kickstarted me into it \o/ ) and so probably wont be releasing that particular installment.
ooh? Any previews? ;)
Jan 5, 2009So I went a tad retro... I remember Benea's UI... so I did something similar. And yeah, it's tried and true healer UI setup. =\ Meh.Posted in: General Chat
I'd like to do a something more different... just meh. I'm lacking in inspiration at the moment.
Jan 1, 2009Posted in: General Chat
XPBarNone, needed something to watch as I ground faction. :) None of the alternatives that I looked at had the 'bubble' notches, so I went with xpbn.
Dec 6, 2008Posted in: General ChatQuote from PhanxAesthetically, I like the idea of "portrait button" unit frames, but I just don't think they'd work very well for healing.
Probably not. :( I have to have my big raid UFs!
Dec 6, 2008Posted in: General Chat
I do have to say...
I love this one! The portraits are a nice change from the static bars. :)
Dec 5, 2008Posted in: General ChatQuote from JohnnyBoy117First attempt at a personalized UI.
I like the idea of the chat frame that you had going, but there's a few (few?) issues that I've mainly got with your UI:
1) Fonting. Pick a font and use it universally. I, much like Phanx, enjoy a UI with a consistent font face. (I personally do not like pixel fonts, but others do.) Healbot(?)/panel on the top (Yz's?) Looks like an Arial type font, while PitBull is using a pixel font, along with EBB. I can understand a font that's easily readable for chat frames, but please change it everywhere else.
2) Doubling up. If you're going to use Healbot(?), please disable PitBull's Raid. Same with vice versa. You've got the same raid frames in two different spots, cluttering up the UI.
3) Buttons. You can save some more room by disabling some of the minimap icons - oRA, PitBull, Aloft, DrDamage, and Bartender are all easily accessable through the /rock command, while DMB is popped from /dbm. And it also looks like your panel has some of the exact same buttons.
4) Minimap. Most minimap addons have the ability to zoom in and out with the mousewheel. Is there a reason the + and - buttons are being shown?
5) Consolidation. You might want to invest in a small mod, such as Buffet to handle your potions/healthstones/foods/drinks/etc. Also, you might want to move some things around to clear up the center of your screen so you can see the action going on around you. :)
Nov 27, 2008Posted in: General Chat
Awesome as always! :)
Oct 24, 2008Posted in: General ChatQuote from BrmonkeyWhy did you take down LynUI 7? I loved that UI and probably would have stuck with it forever :(
As I would have too, but I do know why Lyn did it. A lot of end users think that if something breaks in the UI, they need to complain to the maker of the UI, instead of posting the bug with the addon author.
Quote from DaintonLyn, can you pretty please put up your updated LynSettings Minimap.lua and any new textures if it uses them? That's really the only thing that broke with 3.0.
r/p/oMinimaps are just as good as Lyn's code, and if you look hard enough (or find agreeing authors) you can make the code for the minimap work again. :) If it's the errror I had, all it takes is one line edited out and, bam, the minimap works again.
Oct 22, 2008Posted in: General Chathttp://img1.abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_102108_225892m.jpg
it's basically my old one.. a little bit tuned for myself.
to do: edit statusbar (and colors) for castbar.
Out of curiosity, what is the '21' in the upper right hand corner of the minimap?
And I like the font you're using on the cast bar - Paralucent?
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.