- Registered User
Member for 14 years, 1 month, and 23 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 4 2013 14:29:53
- 0 Followers
- 27 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Mar 12, 2008noPosted in: Lua Code Discussion
Mar 12, 2008Typo (fixed now in first post)Posted in: Lua Code Discussion
Mar 12, 2008Ok I am new to this but I will try my best to describe my problem.Posted in: Lua Code Discussion
I have this button. Currently you can cast a spell by clicking this button and if you cast a spell from the pop-up menu this button will be able to cast that spell. So now the "problem": I can't figure out how add the ability to execute macro code on rightclick. This code could be static so its always the same when you right click the button. I tried to
self.button:SetAttribute("type1", "spell") self.button:SetAttribute("type2", "macro") self.button:SetAttribute("macrotext", "/say lol")
but that won't work.
Feb 24, 2008I'm not dead yet. I just hadn't the time to code on the mod plus Blizzard totally screwed up the test servers in europe. Anyways my shaman seems to be on the servers now and I will look into using some of the new api changes for totem handling. I did promise some new totem timers for 2.4 didn't I? :D (I'm glad Blizz is saving me lots of work) So here is the deal:Posted in: General AddOns
in the next Numen release for patch 2.4...
- the timers will use the api functions to determine the time left on your totems
- You will be able to right click the affinity buttons (Earth,fire, etc...) to destroy that specific totem (of course there will be keybindings)
- There will be enough cheese for the w(h)ine
I don't know when this will be finished so don't ask for a release until 2.4 hits the live servers. This is mostly because I personally hate one thing beeing coded in twice for those 1% of the people who use addons on test realm.
Blizzard killed the european test servers again and i can't log in. If this goes on I doubt there will be a finished version with the start of 2.4 ...
Jan 27, 2008Ok if I get this right some people want a totem stomping function to drop all four totems wich are currently in the numen bar. While others are concerned about the performance. I gues that the ability to bind a button wich iterates through the four totems will be the best. There will be no macro since this would require more code to edit the macro every time a totem is swapped into the main bar. The method would consist of a simple counter that indicates which totem is next to be dropped. It doesn't matter where it starts. You press your keybinding four times an all for totems are there. I think this should satisfy both sides.Posted in: General AddOns
Jan 11, 2008Hi again.Posted in: General AddOns
First I would like to explain in wich direction the mod should be developing from my point of view. The reason I installed this mod quite some months ago was to save space on my action bars. I simply didn't need all totems blocking my view. This makes me think this is a mod for minimalists who don't want too much on their screen. Therefore I won't implement too much extra features. Only the things that save up space somewhere should go into this mod.
So here is what I think about the suggestions that were made:
-I will do implement an option to turn off the weapon buff section. But I won't do an option to disable a specific affinity since this would defeat the purpose of a totem bar.
- There are other simple ways to track your Reincarnate cooldown like Fubar_AnkhTimerFu. So you won't see this.
- A timer for Shields and their charges won't be done because your standard buff display handles this quite nicely :P and there are several mods out there wich announce fading buffs.
- I won't do anything regarding a Earth Shield charge tracker unless 2.4 hits the PTRs since this would require combat log handling which will change a lot in that patch.
- No option to "undock and move the Weapon buffs and Shields". This is a bar and not some "draggable buttons for your shaman needs". Sry. And this would mean i had to recode nearly the whole mod. Not going to happen.
- At the moment I would say there is no way to change the flash of the pulse timers since this is some blizzard thingy. But I will will look into that and report back.
Have a nice day.
Jan 9, 2008Hi!Posted in: General AddOns
Thanks for the positive response. The shield buttons seems to be a good idea. I will upload that.
For those who have problems after updating please try deleting your Numen.lua in the SavedVariables folder first. This should solve most of the problems.
For the "Range Check" I will look into adding a number that will be displayed on for example the water button that indicates how many players are currently affected by that totem. This is a bigger change so don't expect it too soon.
Jan 6, 2008*Update* Happy new year everyone!Posted in: General AddOns
I've added the option to announce mana tide totems in the party chat. And the sentence to be posted is editable. Yay me! :D
Moving on to the next issue...
I finished coding on the button for Totemic Call earlier than expected. It is now done and uploaded. This Option is off by default and requires a UI reload since this was the easiest way to do it.
As stated in my roadmap I will wait at least until 2.4 is out and work then on a new timer system. If you find any bugs or have suggestions for this mod post them here.
Dec 23, 2007Since no one officially wants to continue this awesome totem bar I will try to do so. I will try to add some features that were requested here. But don't expect too much since my lua knowledge is limited.Posted in: General AddOns
- I uploaded that fix for position saving some time ago.
- cyCircled support is basically implemented. (That means it works with square buttons at the moment)
Check the newest cyCircled Version for this!
Maybe someone knows how to hide the edges on round buttons: pic
- I will look into implementing a feature that alows you to set a line that will be posted into the group chat when you use your manatide.
- A range check on totems is impossible. The only thing that could be done is an alert that goes off if your totem buff fades but the timer indicates that the totem should still be there. I won't implement that too soon because patch 2.4 will be offering new methods to determine if your totem is destroyed. (Look forward to 100% accurate totem timers in Arenas :D)
- If there is nothing else to do I will look at adding a button for totemic recall. (It will be turned off by default since most of the people don't need it)
Pleasy be patient since I don't have much time or lua programming expirience.
Nov 24, 2007Posted in: General AddOnsQuote from perunaion »
I have noticed a small issue, when speaking to certain NPCs that are both quest-related and vendors/grypho riders the mod will auto-skip the gossip. Its only minorly annoying as I realize whats happening and have to go temporarily disable the mod's auto-skip setting while I turn in/accept a quest.
This has happened frequently with gyphon master related npcs, not certain if you feel its worth addressing and temporarily not skipping the conversation :).
This behavior was added in the game by the 2.3 patch. It has nothing to do with this mod anymore.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.