Guys, cool it with the bashing, please. If Archy returns, then great, otherwise it was a great run while it lasted.
- Forum Moderator
Member for 12 years, 8 months, and 9 days
Last active Wed, Jan, 16 2019 08:06:57
- 1 Follower
- 1,380 Total Posts
- 13 Thanks
Nov 11, 2018Posted in: Lua Code Discussion
- NPCScan_Overlay does not work for Legion and BfA rares, and to get it to work for older content you will need to read its file contents (might have to some scrolling through pages at this point) to find the fix. You can find the comments by right-clicking NPCScan_Overlay in the Twitch App and going to the webpage.
- Prepend C_Map. to SetMapByID on line 701 in NPCScan.Overlay\Overlay.lua so it reads C_Map.SetMapByID
- Do the same thing to line 250 of RareSpawnOverlay\RSO-MapManager.lua so it reads C_Map.GetCurrentMapContinent
I can't guarantee any of these fixes will get either addon working; I'm merely pointing out some fixes.
Aug 7, 2018Posted in: General AddOns
Phanx is listed as the current maintainer of Grid, and the last update was on May 11, 2018. That was only four months ago. She can more easily be reached by sending her a message on Wowinterface. This is her user page over there. If she is wiling to accept your updates, or even take over Grid, then click the Report Project link and follow the prompts. Provide all the information possible about your attempts to talk to Phanx, permissions or not to take over the addon, and whatever else is appropriate when you report it.
Then a Curseforge file moderator will look into the situation and take it from there.
Aug 3, 2018Posted in: General AddOns
Best bet is to delete it and see what happens. Yes, you might find an addon that suddenly fails because it is looking for that library, but in theory all addons that used it long ago updated to built-in Blizzard code.
If you do find a failing addon, chances are it is just as antique as LibBabble-Zone-3.0.
Aug 3, 2018Posted in: General AddOns
Torhal, this might be a hell of an ask, but since you have to rewrite Archy anyway, here's my two cents: incorporate the visual slices or wedges feature from Archaeology Helper, along with GatherMate2 pin support. The HUD is incredibly useful, and it doesn't look like Oscarub is returning to update the addon.
This would make Archy the ultimate Archaeology addon, with one-stop-shop features!
Jul 29, 2018Posted in: General AddOns
Yeah, nothing wrong with posting hints, just as you have above. That's pretty generic stuff, which could apply to any addon using Blizzard's API. A pain in the ass, sure, but Blizzard loves changes for changes' sake.
I get where they add or remove something from the game, but some changes make me wonder what they are doing. Such as the PlaySound change, mapIDs to whatever they are called now, or a myriad of other alterations that neither gained nor lost functionality. Just broke functionality.
Jul 28, 2018Posted in: Lua Code Discussion
Your best bet is comment on the development page for Rare Spawn Overlay. The addon is listed as Public Domain, so anyone can fix and update it. It is unlikely the current author will do so, as the last file update was August 31, 2016.
Jul 28, 2018Posted in: General AddOns
Anyway, happy to share if anyone needs it if someone can give me an idea on where to upload it to.You can't upload your fixes. _NPCSCan.Overlay is copyright All Rights Reserved. You can fix your copy, but you cannot upload it publicly. Torhal is one busy dude, but he'll get it working. Officially.
Jul 28, 2018Posted in: Map/Minimap AddOns
I don't think this thread needs to continue Nevcairiel has pushed an official update on July 21, 2018 for patch 8.0.1. In the update, he ran the auto-parser to pull data directly from Wowhead and WowDB.
Mar 10, 2018Posted in: AddOn HELP!
- First, do as you have been doing, and make sure you don't have "folder inside a folder syndrome".
- It would help to know which other addons you are struggling with installing.
- Have you enabled outdated addons via the AddOns button on the character select screen, then toggling the tick box?
- Did you know the Twitch App works for Macs as well as Windows, and it takes all the hassle out of installing addons?
Mar 10, 2018Posted in: Need Help?
You are far more likely to get help faster by asking on Wowinterface's forums. The Carbonite community is over there.
Feb 1, 2018Myrroddin posted a message on HELP! Twitch is bugged for me. How to install addon?Posted in: AddOn HELP!
It looks like you have pointed the Twitch app to your Interface\AddOns folder. That is incorrect. You should point it directly to the World of Warcraft folder.
This is exactly the same for all other AddOn updaters: Zygor, Minion, TSM, Wowhead, and Tuk/Elv.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.