I deleted Collectinator using the Curse App, and it prompted to remove libaries that were not needed. All good until I loaded Warcraft, and found out that LibTextDump-1.0 is required by Archy, which of course fired BugSack into a frenzy.
Is this a bug with the App, or a bug with Archy's pkgmeta?
Thank you for letting me know where to find the bug report for the App.
Anyway, that was my point, that both Collectinator and Archy include LibTextDump, and I had both Archy and Collectinator installed. When I used the App to delete Collectinator, it also deleted LibTextDump, even though it is a dependency of Archy, which was still installed.
Obviously, I have my libraries installed seperately, or I never would have noticed this oddity.
This doesn't sound like intended behaviour, thus I reported it. ... .. in the wrong place, but at least you now know.
at the time i thought it was a bug with Auctioneer and/or Gatherer
quotes from march 2016:
using Curse Client, today i decided to uninstall Gatherer but keep Auctioneer Suite... after uninstalling Gatherer and going back into WoW i found that Swatter and SlideBar have also been nuked, even though they are components of Auctioneer
digging deeper into this i discovered that Gatherer also includes them as components and Curse Client uninstalled them because it considered them as belonging to Gatherer rather than to Auctioneer Suite. They both contain different versions of Swatter and SlideBar... and whichever gets installed last will overwrite the other one's files.
i said "almost the same bug" because the old v5 Curse Client would also blindly overwrite folders and files belonging to an addon (in my case it was the 2016 versions of Swatter and SlideBar from Auctioneer) with older versions of those that were delivered with other addons (2014 versions of Swatter, SlideBar from Gatherer - the updated version of Gatherer for Legion was not released at that time. The 2014 one was the most recent.)
since the deletion bug still happens in Curse App, i assume that the folder overwrite bug might also be present too, since they are related... don't have time to test it at the moment though. maybe tomorrow.
I'd guess that this is caused by the addons themselves. Their zip files seem to include these folders on top level but they are likely not set up as dependencies. So the addons are more like multiple addon packs with conflicting files.
So these conflicting files aren't handled via the client's lib/no-lib system but by the generic archive (un-)install.