Since WowAce and Curseforge were migrated a few days ago all WoW addons that have updates available are shown as "modified" in the Curse App. This is not only wrong but also annoying because it renders the "update all" button useless. This even applies to addons that were already updated multiple times since the migration - e.g. BigWigs.
Some addons - for me at least BigWigs - also get reset to install alpha versions each time the App is started or the refresh button is used. Even if I manually select beta versions again and update once so that only a beta (or in the case right now a release) is installed, the next refresh resets the option to alpha again. Resetting all addons to beta via the option menu also doesn't fix it.
Also broken since the site migration is the display of the changelogs generated by a Git commit log. Line breaks are missing there which makes those changelogs very hard to read.
I'm using the latest Curse App (version 7.1.6164.2253).
I can confirm that the "modified" tag is both prevalent, and random which AddOns get the tag. It isn't always the same AddOns each time the Curse App loads.
I've seen libraries, Ace3, and core AddOns being affected.
And yes, once you select a "modified" AddOn and update it, it corrects itself until the next time the Curse App refreshes itself, checking for updates. I use the default setting of once per hour. Therefore, every hour, the app randomly selects new Addons to have the "modified" tag, but that does not mean existing affected AddOns are cured. In fact, they remain "modified".
Update: in order to force a new zip, I added some spaces to the header of the main Lua file, and updated the SVN repository keywords (TortoiseSVN - Properties). Then I tried to push a commit, to which I got the following error:
Sending content: G:\bankcomm\LibGuildBankComm-1.0.lua
Error: Commit failed (details follow):
Error: Commit blocked by pre-commit hook (exit code 1) with output:
Error: This repository has been migrated and is permanently in read-only mode. Please
Error: see https://www.curseforge.com/docs/repomigration for details.
Error: If you want to break the lock, use the 'Check For Modifications' dialog or the repository browser.
Okay, I can update all my URLs and check out the repo with the new link. I'll bite on why SVN Externals are bad. The .pkgmeta docs still have it listed, albeit any support libraries will also need updated URLs. And the example on the linked doc page will need updating as well.