Grid has cleaned my ui up so much, I just love the Grid centric raid layout I have now.
Did my first raid yesterday with a completely redesigned ui and there were a couple of issues with Grid that I couldn't get just right.
Let me start by saying that I've really been trying to configure these things myself, but it would have been infinitely easier if Grid updates weren't so unpredicatable. That's pretty much my only point of critisism, whenever I change a Grid setting I'm never sure when the Grid frame has updated to actually reflect the change. It's already hard enough as it is to work on Death/AFK/OOR settings (needing a raidgroup with death people and all :p), but not actually seeing the results of my changes immediately makes it much harder. It would be great if I could force an update to the entire frame whenever I make a change to the settings.
Now the settings/questions I'm having some problems with:
1. I use a low alpha setting to indicate out-of-range. Is there a way to have Text1 and Text2 (name and health in my case) NOT be affected by this alpha? In other words I'd like to be able to read the names and health of the people that are oor from me without having to squint my eye to see through the 25% alpha setting.
2. What does attaching the death/afk/oor status to the healthbar do?
3. I currently have both oor and death apply a low alpha setting to the unit. Not a very good idea as it turned out because I'm unable to tell at a glance who's just oor and who's actually death. Ideally I'd like death people to show up as a bright red colored frame with their name in Text1 and "DEAD" in Text2, all at 100% alpha. And, more importantly I'd like these settings to override the low alpha setting of an oor person.
4. How does the setting to "show death as a full healthbar" (or something like that) tie into all of this?
5. When attaching a status to the alpha-setting, does it only look at the alpha of the status, or does the actual color also have meaning?