hmmm... i'm surely making something wrong but, seems that if im grouped with a hunter/warlock with his pet's frame up, and if a 3rd dude joins the party, his frame will sneak between the hunter/lock's one and the pet's one, well, let's say that i have a problem with anchoring partypet frames correctly :|
otherwise, if a hunter/lock join the group as 3rd, 4th, or 5th, his pet's frame won't spawn :|
yeah dont really know its doing this but when we spawn the party header, only party1 UF is "visible" to the game, thats why partypet1 get anchored correctly and not the others.
i guess you could anchor partypet2 to partypet1 with the according offsets, and partypet3 to partypet2, etc...
yeah i added the function to make it movable by the mouse. if you can think of what i'm doing wrong i'd appreciate it cause i like the raid frames, but i have a grid layout that i like too so either way works for me :)
I could be being painfully stupid (at least that's how I feel right now), but for the life of me, I can't get my old layout to work with the new oUF (the one with the direct event calling). I think I've converted everything. But I am trying to keep all my additions to the layout, or seperate files.
Could one of you kind souls help me out by explaining a few things?
What I wanted to add, I've commented out. I had Rest added and working on my old oUF, but in this one - I can't seem to get even that right. I tried both PVP and Level to use seperate files (/elements) with following code. (In comments I'll add the "how I did it before")
if self.unit then -- this check was needed to get rid of an error because UnitIsPVP(unit) gave an error in BugSack, though it did work.
if UnitIsPVP(self.unit) then
self.PVP:Show() -- this used to be self.PVP:SetText("[PvP]")
self.PVP:Hide() -- this self.PVP:SetText("") since it comes before name, and name is anchored to it.
From my layout
-- PvP flag shown
local pvp = self:CreateFontString(nil, "OVERLAY")
--self.PVP:SetText("[PvP]") -- this wasn't in my original code, but it was a try.
self.PVP = pvp
--self.UNIT_FACTION = UNIT_FACTION -- I even tried it with the same approach as the name, but no win. Originally this called the function I had my old oUF.
I know it's probably something insanely stupid, and I actually feel ashamed to ask for help on this, but it's driving me nuts. I just can't seem to understand it >.< And yes, the TOC has the files, the events table (or rather the new implementation of it, has the events listed.)
From what I understand function blah (event, unit) means the function takes 2 arguments, one being an event - which acts as event listener - and the unit itself. I figured using Show and Hide would make it more portable towards other layouts, when people prefer to use the icons instead of my text.
Edit: I am going to try and do what I did before, use oUF_Lily and work my way up from there. Perhaps the error lies in trying to convert. Though, please please, don't laugh... I am a very slow learner, but I love tinkering. Sometimes I just get beyond frustrated.
Haste I see that you tried to do something like ag_uf for buff and debuff (that's is to say that we should have something like this buff1 buff2 debuff1 debuff2). But I didn't succeeded to make it work, could you give me an example.