About the buff display: usually I'm looking for who needs buffs before a pull and I switch to debuff view after I'm done. I had a key binding in CTRA and I use macros for XRaid.
I know there are addons that output a list of people who need buffs (XRS does a superb job) but it's still easier to look at the raid frames than to check chat and hunt for people names :) Imo, buff display is still something very important, at least as a option.
It's certainly sRF doing it, it seems to be the UpdateStatus() function, will try and track it down
UPDATE: Found the problem, it appears to be the UnitDebuff check inside UpdateStatus(), that is run on every raid member.
I've optimized it a bit (It should have A LOT better performance), however there is really no way to avoid that check, if anyone has any ideas, please post :)
- Added option to show castable buffs on units, instead of debuffs
- Added keybinding for toggle of showing only dispellable debuffs
- Added keybinding for toggle of Buff vs. Debuff display
- Fixed bug where wrong tooltip could be displayed when mousing over a buff/debuff
So, I picked this up, and it is working great! But there is one thing I was wondering; You said sort by Groups and Class. Well, it sorts by Class by default and I couldn't figure out how to make it sort my Group. I tried /srf but I didn't see anything there that would help. How do I make it sort by groups instead of class?
Or, did I read it wrong and it said sort by Class and Group at the same time(All rogues in a group, but group 1 rogues are first on the list)? :3
Well this DEFINITLY has potencial :)
but to my mind 2 buff icons are way to less. :(
You could either make them smaller, giving space for more buff icons
or position buffs outsite of the raid-frames (underneath or on the right).
Idea two will defenitly eat up more space on screen, but if you put buff/debuff icons underneath each unitframe you could let both grow towards each other. (Like heap and stack)
Furthermore, if older buffs could be supressed by newe ones, like with EasyRaid for example, this could help competing with only two buff icons.
- Casting fortitude on target
- Casting divine spirit on target
- Casting renew on target
Now, buff icon of fortitude will be changed to a buff icon for renew until renew is faded.
It would also be really awesome if you could implement some kinf of buff filter (like in CTRA) because only displaying buffable spells sadly isn't enough for me because I not only need to see my own (priest) hot effects, but also hots casted by druids.
Well enough of demanding. :D
As said, this addon is really awesome, keep up the good work. ;)
Just wondering, are you gonna try to implement the sticky frames feature, if not it's really not big deal, just longer to align heh =0 and yea I can't wait for scaling they're so big on my screen. Testing them in naxx tonight, will give you feedback in a few hours.
These look nice, I hope to use them when I take the time to convert to oRA and replace CTRA. I have a few questions about things I use and would like to see.
1) Changing background color when debuffed. Currently on my pally I know it's time to spam the decurse button when someone's background in the ct frames changes (ie green for poison, etc). This keeps things clean for me, I can see name, health bar, mana bar and deficit. I don't need to see any buffs/debuffs and can tell if someone needs cleansing based on the background color of their frame. Is this supported or in the plans to be added?
2) Saving setups. I currently have a few different setups for my raid frames, such as a normal 40-man and 20 man. Then some ones to help prevent me from trying to heal someone I know will be out of range, ie even/odd groups for Ony/Nef. Or a setup for where groups will be placed for the Emps. It's nice to just be able to select which setup I would like and not have to reposition the frames manually.
I have grown to rely on these two things so I hope they can be implemented in some form. Thanks, and keep up the good work.