can this addon check if all raid players have the number of blessings from paladins equal to the number of paladins in the raid?
and one more thing, can it check any rogues have blessing of wisdom or any tank blessing of salvation? (tank checked through talents)
Not yet. I've not worked on the paladin blessings checking yet.
One of the problems is that it might be correct for a tank to have salvation. For example 3 tanks for trash and only 1 for the boss so the other 2 put on dps gear and have salvation. Paladin blessings is such a dynamic thing changing all the time according to the encounter. Plus tanks who don't need salvation should get the addon called Damnation which auto-removes salvation. There are situations where a lock or mage must not have salvation because they are tanking eg Leo or King. Also warriors will sometimes get wisdom because when we buff pets it goes on the warrior. It's been a bug for a long time in WoW.
It will be able to check some things like wiz on rogues.
an ideea just came to my mind.
how about to have an interface to easy assign a player to attack adds, or a tank to get dps role.
by this, when arriving at a boss that needs that, you just select "dps" for the offtank and the buffs get checked accordingly.
And one more thing. You can take it this way.
If at any moment you want in the raid a different functionality, like giving a tank light instead of kings, or any other derivation, that doesn;t have to be rule to check. It is important to have the number of paladin buffs equal to the number of paladins, and don;t have the impossible ones.
You can have a tank with salvation, but you can;t have a warrior tank with wisdom.
And even if you don't check all the buffs, it would be nice to know that the total number of buffs is correct, and 2 or 3 messages with wrong buffs, won;t bother anyone if they are too lazy to configure it accordingly for the current fight.
Anyway the selection of one player to assign to dps would be nice.
also priorities would be nice for any role/class.
Like salvation is most important on dps, and kings on tanks. (also configurable), and second set of buffs that came after the first set, are bom or light for tanks, wisdom for healers and casters and bom for melee.
also saving a set priorities for every char from your guild would be nice, and what would be more nice is to have the posibility to save the set of priorities accordingly to the role that you select and configure.
Also, according to priorities, I would like to be announced that a tank have bom instead of light as the second paladin buff, if I configured the tank priorities like that.
I want too many things :D, right?
Half of what you want is implemented in pally power. There is also zomgbuffs.
In my lunch break just now I've worked out a bunch of rules and checks for pally buffs like rogues should never have wiz and priests no might and other rules that look at how many paladins and stuff like that. I'll see if I can add those features in tonight.
RBS needs to be simple and work out of the box without config like now. zomgbuffs is the complete opposite. I don't want RBS to become like that. So it will never let you pick who is dps and other manual things.
in this case, i believe that can be verry usefull for every player in particular, to check the rules without configuring them.
the only one that should check using configurations is the raid leader.
but for me as a soldier :p would be good enough to check this for an overview of missing and wrong buffs in general, and especially for myself to get announced by this addon, to don't let raid leader checking find that i'm lazy :)
I like this addon so much and I like the simple and intuitive UI.
Whenever you need german translation please contact me :)
Now please. Just download the latest version. Look in the deDE file. All the lines that start with -- need translations. My email address is in the readme file. Email me the updated version of the file. And then every so often in future check the file again for needed translations.
I tried RBS out in raid last night. The Priests scoffed at being chastised by an addon for not having Inner Fire active, but amusingly they cast it on themselves anyways as a result. Observations:
1. I noticed that RBS doesn't catch Bloodberry Elixir as a battle elixir. Note also that it is a zone-specific elixir that (I think) only takes effect on Isle of Quel'Danas, Magister's Terrace and Sunwell Plateau.
2. It would also be extremely helpful if I could redirect the output to other channels (e.g. officer chat or custom channels) or the local chat window.
3. It would be nice if it could completely disable itself during combat. I haven't tested with profiling on, but I noticed that a somewhat similar addon, RABuffs, is a CPU hog when you let it monitor buffs in combat (fortunately, however, RABuffs lets you decide when to monitor what).
4. It would also be nice if I could selectively report one thing, as a full report can be kind of spammy. I guess you can do this by turning off all but the one thing you want to report, but that's pretty clunky. Maybe allow the user to alt+click on something to report just that thing.
5. It would be nice to be able to make cosmetic changes such as scaling the window and removing the border.
6. I really like the way it does Paladin buff reporting, by counting the number of Paladins versus number of active buffs. This is the way I always thought a buff reporting addon should work, yet I've never seen one that did it this way.
1. Ok. Easily fixed. I thought that was only for the island and not the instances.
2. It's on the todo list.
3. You can disable all the buff checks in combat in the options window. That's not quite a complete disable but I will add a complete one to the todo list. Please tell me how one does profiling. I would love to know how efficient rbs and other addons are.
4. Shift click on a buff (like in XRS) is what you are after. Also Ctrl will whisper the people.
3. Yeah I think I unchecked all the combat checks as a workaround. As for profiling, PerformanceFu and Option House both have options to enable CPU profiling, as well as the ability to report addon usage while profiling is enabled. A couple of notes, though: Profiling can't be toggled on-the-fly; a reloadui will be triggered when you toggle it. Also, profiling itself incurs a large amount of overhead; personally I find it hard to play with it enabled (reduces me to single-digit FPS usually) but it does help to identify CPU hogs.
4. Doh, thanks! I thought I tried that but I must have not, or maybe I just assumed it didn't because it wasn't mentioned in the tooltips.
5. I was thinking that jncl would probably add Skinner support if I asked. That would just leave scaling.
I don't know. Just follow the convention of the existing file. It's best to email me the lua file as pasting on the forum corrupts lots of letters and all I see is ? eg "Kann zaubern Segen der K?nige". Email address is in the readme file that comes with the addon.
OK, i checked the file, German special are masked so I sticked to this method and corrected some minor faults. I also changed one translation as "kann zaubern: somemightyspellhere" sounds weird. :-)
I sent the file via e-mail and I attached it to this post.