Since I've moved MagicDKP to the trunk I decided it was time to make a forum post about it. Essentially the goal with MagicDKP is to make a raid tracker that works for me that replaces CT_RaidTracker. The needs will be primarily crafted around the needs of my own guild but I might be open to suggestions of features. Here's a short list of features/planned features.
- Auto-create raids when sufficient people join in the raid (2, 10 or 25 depending on how you configure it).
- Auto-end when the raid disbands
- Manually create and end raids if needed.
- Name the raid after the first raid zone which is encountered (for display purposes only - events log their own zone data).
- Support proper standby and attendance per event.
- Ability to log custom events in a raid (i.e raid start and raid end).
- Wipe handling with attendance and dkp handling auto-named named after the event you wiped to.
- Trash loot is tracked in a per-zone event that is automatically created.
- Standby handling using a client app - I don't have any immediate plans to support standby via whisper but might loot at that as well.
- Send standby queries to members of a custom channel (out of guild) with an addon whisper message.
- Filter applicable standby based on guild rank.
- Handle alts correctly, both for standby calls and when logging raids.
- Properly handle complex encounters - i.e Eredar Twins where two mobs die in an indetermined order and Kalecgos where no mob actually dies.
- Auto-learn new raid dungeons (i.e will add all "worldboss" mobs it encounters).
- Per item config: auto-bank, ignore, fixed price, value (value is used as the fixed price and also as the default for variable dkp).
- Per boss config: Ignore (i.e the adds on Maulgar, Kalecgos etc), event name (I.e Reliquary of Souls, Eredar Twins - default is the name of the boss), and comments.
- Current has all 25-man BC raids preloaded - haven't added ZA or anything yet.
Most of the above is currently in. The addon works but is very rough around the edges. I'd consider it alpha status today. It does support exporting to the CTRT importer for eqdkp (completely brain dead importer, and bad xml format but alas).
I would not use this as my sole DKP tracker just yet but I'd be very interested in getting feedback on it.
Main features I will not add:
- Time based tracking.
I noticed you said you will not add a time based tracking. Any specific reasons? This sounds promising. I'm currently using CTRT with a importer plugin for doing time based tracking. I assume the exporter with this addon would work the same, so you not doing time based tracking isn't a huge deal.
Because I have no interest in complicating the addon with that particular aspect. It is out of scope basically. If you manually add an event every so often, and use that for tracking, it would work. However I don't care when people join or leave the raid - I only care if people are present during an event.
/script MagicMarkerDB.raids[ID] = nil
where id is the number first in the list of raids in the UI. Deleting a raid is not reversible and you'd want a /console reloadui after deleting it to update the UI.
For import, if you use CTRT try to change the loot detection from at boss kill time to loot time and see if it works better. The importer is one of the worst pieces of code I've ever had the mispleasure to deal with so getting it to work is a bit... tricky. For example to get it to import events without items I need to add a dummy item for that event...
What is exported is the Boss Name (which is the event name as configured for the boss) and the Zone. For custom events you can currently only set the name, not the zone. I plan to make the zone a customizable field for events (they were hacked in really quickly).
If I understand correctly, you want to edit the zone for the custom events? If not, can you paste the XML export, assuming that is what you're talking about, to show me what you mean?
It's different. It's more like a replacement for CT_RaidTracker than NRT if that makes sense. NRT doesn't (or didn't) handle things like per-item default values, banked items, disenchanted items, fixed priced items (like we give out BoP patterns that make BoE items for 0 dkp). MDKP does. It's more geared towards my own needs and perhaps others will find it useful.
I also make MDKP work on an event basis - an event has loot and attendees. In NRT there is no strict correlation - there are events and there's loot. The exporter might combine them, or might not.
MagicDKP_Client is going to be used to automate standby (vs using whispers) and I hope to at some point being able to use it to do bidding and such too. In essence it IS a system geared for my guild that might or might not work for you. :-P
But i must report a bug...
In my raid someone is called Pel?ri and when he loots an item only "ri" appears in the window where you enter the points and in the raid tab in the config window the items have no looter assigned. So probably an issue with the ?